Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same experience as you. I could barely get through my first session. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I am COVERED in tattoos. Like, armpits, hands, toes, everything...and I think my first session or two of dermaneedling my head was worse than any of that. Still obviously hurts, but bearable now. I just put on some loud music and power through. I bleed a lot too.

I've only used a 9-needle Derminator cartridges so I can't speak to whether more needles hurts more/less.
half the pain is touching ur wounded skin with cartridge. Do long zig zag motions and try to keep cartridge perpendicular to ur skin surface.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how this is possible but three weeks into needling I'm shedding like mad and my hair got so much worse. I see hair everywhere. My clothes and desks are covered in dark long strands. A hole literally opened on top of my head with scalp see through. And this is from someone who was previously maintaining overall density well and got commented on having a lot of hair.
That's usually a good sign, it's gonna take a while but that hair will be replaced by new healthier hair along with many more, this is a long term treatment so don't get discouraged and stay with it

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Also, do you guys drag the dermapen across your scalp or lift-press-repeat? Since it's going so fast (even at medium speed), I'm kind of worried that dragging it across will cause irregular tears on my head?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll slide it along my scalp. In either zig-zag or circular motions. If you don't go too quickly you'll find it doesn't drag/get stuck or anything.

My hair is fairly thin though... diffuse thinning. So I can move it around pretty freely. However if you actually have some hair like OP (go watch the video on page 1) ... you might have to part the hair and glide in lines, vertically, horizontally, diagonally.

stillwaters

Reaction score
I've been dermarolling with minoxidil for 6 weeks now (2x minoxidil a day / 1.5mm dermaroller). I'm absolutely seeing a ton of new terminal hairs growing in everywhere, although they are not as thick as my originals.

For the guys who have had success: does the new hair begin by growing in thin and slowly thickening up? Or does it just grow in thick? I have red hair, so the new hairs don't stand out much.

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Something I would like to understand.

Dermarolling is supposed to increase collagen production (healing process), that why some women and men using it on their face to get rid of wrinkles, it’s increases collagen production locally.

And in the same time it’s supposed to stop and reverse fibrosis, especially on the scalp.

But fibrosis is collagen deposition.

Did I miss something?

I’m worried because I tend to develop keloid scar, I produce too much collagen. And if the result of dermarolling is the production of more collagen I don’t think it’s a good way to fight fibrosis.

Can someone explain ... ?

Thank you.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, uh bad news.

Someone in my family was sick as f*** today, coughing a lung all over the place and I foolishly decided to go hard with my derma session...

Now I'm sick as well. lol.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, uh bad news.

Someone in my family was sick as f*** today, coughing a lung all over the place and I foolishly decided to go hard with my derma session...

Now I'm sick as well. lol.
Lol. Seems weird (and kinda not weird in a strange way).

Take care.

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love these type of posts where someone comes and posts great regrowth pictures without participating in the thread out of nowhere. It's such a pleasant surprise.
So...what do think? Everybody that read in this thread have to post something and share all information? I bookmarked the thread day one of release. So people in this thread did not want to post every week and every single hair they grow back. So I decided to do a 4 month result. Sometimes things hard to believe but this thread shows that young diffuse Thinner can have great results. Believe me or not . Or maybe you will try to believe me in a few weeks/month because i will stay and post more updates.

Last edited:

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
Also, do you guys drag the dermapen across your scalp or lift-press-repeat? Since it's going so fast (even at medium speed), I'm kind of worried that dragging it across will cause irregular tears on my head?
I lift-press-repeat. I don't see why you need to glide the pen. it gives me a brief moment of relief from the pain, and pressing ensures full penetration.

Last edited:

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Red October
How is the dermarolling going?
Hi,
I think it's going well. Since I've been using a proper derma-roller I feel the minoxidil is really getting absorbed now. I use the 1.5 every night before applying minoxidil liquid. I use the 2.0mm on Friday nights and leave it till the next day to apply minoxidil. My hair, when dry, is looking a lot better but is still very thin under harsh lighting. I will take some new pics soon and post on my thread. I've recently ordered some biotin tablets so hopefully that will help to thicken up regrowth. Overall, I'm happy with my regimen. I'm following pretty much what @Somebody was doing. I feel that minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting of giving regrowth; the derma-rolling is aiding absorption; daily finasteride keeps DHT at bay and some good shampoos also help with that and to keep scalp free of inflammation.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did. Got worse first 1.5 Month. Only now shedding slowing down starting to form new black dots
Thanks for answering, cratus.
Hey @MKP05, here you have someone on a similar situation. Shoot your questions if you will! I personally don't know the answer as to why needling alone would cause a shed.
Im going to buy a derminator 2 and go for it, I thought it was going to be cheaper. I will definitely not bother reusing needles.

Assuming you have to do it bi-weekly (that's what i've seem from studies? how are you doing it?) it's cheap. How many mm you go with?

In the studies i've seen it's usually around 1.5mm right? well, the best case i've ever seen (@Somebody) is using 1.5mm BUT he claims he is just subtly pushing it, so in practice it may be like 0.5mm, he's going daily tho... the point is, he is not definitely triggering growth factors at 0.5mm I assume. And yes i've read the studies, I remember the indian one.

So my point is, we have insane regrowth in some cases, but they are doing it their own way, not going too deep, in the case of Somebody.

All of the cases i've seen are on finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil tho. Please show me photographic evidence of someone getting solid regrowth without antiandrogens.

Also, there's no consensus if dermarolling/dermapen is better. Most good results i saw are with rollers. What if the tearing of dermarolling is actually needed and the clean perforation of dermapens aren't cutting it?

Also what about chronic inflammation? Would a person with the classic "DHT itch" benefit from further inflammation or f*** things up even worse? (see cases where doing this just made them balder)

So like I said before, many unanswered questions there.
Hey bud.
I do bi-monthly sessions. The depth used in the study doing it bi-monthly (not bi-weekly, maybe that's what you meant... happens to me too, haha) ranged from 1.5-2.5 mm, so anywhere between that is a good option as it will wound. 2 mm was my choice.

Exactly, but as you said, such a frequency will only be used for topical absorption. I see where you're coming from, but Somebody isn't a good example of proper wounding.

Of course, in my post about microneedling FAQs I state that there's no such thing as a single perfect depth and frequency (just in case you haven't seen it: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...cedures-studies-and-such.119653/#post-1750957)

I already told you. PrettyFly83 from baldtruthtaIk and 2young2retire got fantastic results. PrettyFly used Minoxidil, but no antiandrogens IRRC, and 2young started with Minoxidil but dropped it within a month, no antiandrogens. This was 5 years ago, about to be 6. He came around a couple of months ago or so and posted a pic, he still had those results (I didn't see the pics as they were taken down, but other users did). Look up "2young2retire mastering the potential cure" (can't link it because his pics were the reason the first microneedling thread was closed and the DIY discussion banned).

I can bring you PrettyFly though:
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

There are more. Look up his name + baldtruthtaIk to see them.
It's also worth mentioning that he was the only person in that thread who stuck with it. He didn't see results until the 18th month. The rest mostly bitched and moaned about it not working and called PrettyFly a liar (going as far as to say he had a transplant and was there to make fun of them, HAHAHA... f*****g hair loss forums) after dropping it in a matter of a few months.

There isn't. But the mechanism of the pen provides a more precise, consistent wounding. I agree with you, results have been seen with a dermaroller, but a pen is often more comfortable for people (some people have reported their redness has stayed for longer after trying a pen vs dermaroller and had their scalp feel alive, which didn't happen with the roller). That's also covered in the FAQs post. As for the tearing, 2young is an example of regrowth doing extreme rolling with a roller, but I'm not sure about the science behind it.

There are people who've had an initial shed even when they're not on Minoxidil, but there are also people who have reported less oily skin and no more itching and shedding after they started rolling. I am among them (no Minoxidil). The shed, however, subsides after some time. For how long were the people you've seen doing it?

There are many unanswered questions indeed, which is partly why we're here everyday.

I hope those Dutasteride injections coupled with needling work for ya, man. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,
I think it's going well. Since I've been using a proper derma-roller I feel the minoxidil is really getting absorbed now. I use the 1.5 every night before applying minoxidil liquid. I use the 2.0mm on Friday nights and leave it till the next day to apply minoxidil. My hair, when dry, is looking a lot better but is still very thin under harsh lighting. I will take some new pics soon and post on my thread. I've recently ordered some biotin tablets so hopefully that will help to thicken up regrowth. Overall, I'm happy with my regimen. I'm following pretty much what @Somebody was doing. I feel that minoxidil is doing the heavy lifting of giving regrowth; the derma-rolling is aiding absorption; daily finasteride keeps DHT at bay and some good shampoos also help with that and to keep scalp free of inflammation.
Cool. Biotin does thicken my hair, not sure what the optimal dose is. I upped it till 5000mcg and recently 7000mcg and it's doing a nice effect.

Does the skin get to heal enough in 24 hours before rolling again, or not completely but you still do it?
How long have you been needling for?
How painful is a 2mm roller?
Where is your thread?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow - those results are amazing. I thought my results were the best I'd seen but you might have taken over!
Yes, but in this particular case we can't rule out he's a minoxidil super responder. Minoxidil is known to cause such an incredible regrowth on some people. In your case, we know it's mostly needling because you didnt respond in the past. But in this case, who knows which variable was stronger for regrowth.