Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have we got any evidence that 2youngtoretire, kitedude and all the other "success stories" have mantained their gains?
Also are they still regrowing hair? It would be kinda funny if they went from NW4 in their 20s to NW2 in their 40s.
Not sure about 2young, as I couldn't see the pics he posted recently, but people claim he was pretty much a full head.
As for Kitedude, that's pretty much his story. From bald patch in crown and receding NW3-ish hairline in his 20s to a solid NW1.5 in his late 30s. Didn't respond to Finasteride and dropped Minoxidil.
(I'm really gonna end up dreaming about these two, aren't I)...

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure about 2young, as I couldn't see the pics he posted recently, but people claim he was pretty much a full head.
As for Kitedude, that's pretty much his story. From bald patch in crown and receding NW3-ish hairline in his 20s to a solid NW1.5.

That's... absolutely insane.
I would gladly roll for the rest of my life if i had those kinds of results.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's... absolutely insane.
I would gladly roll for the rest of my life if i had those kinds of results.
Then there's Hairyshowers. Another success story involving long time rolling. So far, most of those who've been doing it for over a year have had success to a certain degree.

WishIHadHair2570

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all -- I just bought the Dr. Pen A6 and the Derminator 2 (bought both because i didn't want to wait to start and the Derminator might take a few months).

Is anyone worried about accidentally scarring their head? I know transplants become impossible if there's scar tissue, and i'm worried that if i start this and Tsuji rolls around i might have damaged my scalp too much.

I know a 1.5mm needle shouldn't cause scarring, but is there any evidence it does? I've seen someone post that their transplant surgeon said it could.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here doing 0.5 daily and then proper wounding with 1.5(+) once a week, Is this too much? Can the scalp heal properly from the wounding when you keep rolling on it daily?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone worried about accidentally scarring their head? I know transplants become impossible if there's scar tissue, and i'm worried that if i start this and Tsuji rolls around i might have damaged my scalp too much.

I know a 1.5mm needle shouldn't cause scarring, but is there any evidence it does? I've seen someone post that their transplant surgeon said it could.

First of all - welcome!

RE: Scarring... I don't think so. Microneedling is a treatment to reduce/remove scar tissue. Someone did ask a good question earlier about the fact that microneedling will bring on collagen as a part of the skin healing itself, yet fibrosis is essentially excess collagen. I unfortunately don't know enough to speak on the scientific nature of it all. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Posting this from /r/tressless on a post over on reddit. Another study with Microneedling & minoxidil:

Interesting that they applied minoxidil immediately after wounding as well. They found no toxicity differences - even for those that put minoxidil on immediately after wounding.

Results: The mean improvement in total hair density from baseline to 24 weeks was 18.8/cm2 in group 1, 23.4/cm2 in group 2, and 38.3/cm2 in group 3. The hair growth in the 3 groups was significantly different (P = 0.002), but there were no significant differences in toxicity found between the 3 groups.

Conclusions: Treatment with microneedle PLUS topical 5% minoxidil was associated with the best hair growth.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, another positive thing. I'm pretty sure the azelaic acid in my minoxidil has cleared out all the random acne on my scalp. My head has no annoying pimples and feels as healthy as it's ever been.
And for how long have you been taking azelaic acid with your minoxidil? I just started dualgen a couple of weeks ago

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all -- I just bought the Dr. Pen A6 and the Derminator 2 (bought both because i didn't want to wait to start and the Derminator might take a few months).

Hey, man.

I can't really answer that, as I'm no expert and I don't know about anyone rolling before getting a transplant, but I experienced a proper 2 mm needling session first hand and I can tell you that, unless you purposefully go for it, the chances of causing scarring at 1.5 mm are rather slim.

However,
if the word of a stranger on the internet isn't (understandably) enough to ease your worries about this and if you're using Minoxidil, I'd suggest you do light rolling sessions daily (0.5 mm) to increase its absorption.

Sorry man, afraid that's the best I can do there. Good luck, buddy.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this post before?

Very detailed breakdown of a theory behind hair loss involving fibrosis (excess collagen).

The author has some good commentary as well in the comments thread below the article. I pulled some quotes from the comments... he definitely believes microneedling could be an essential part of reversing hairloss (amongst other influences/protocol as well).

I’m a fan of dermarolling (so long as it’s done correctly). All the evidence suggests that microneedling encourages the breakdown of scar tissue, while simultaneously promoting proper collagen synthesis.

I think the evidence in favor of mechanical stimulation and hair regrowth builds every day. It’s just a matter of figuring out the mechanisms, and then how to maximize results for everyone.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone come across this post before?

Very detailed breakdown of a theory behind hair loss involving fibrosis (excess collagen).

The author has some good commentary as well in the comments thread below the article. I pulled some quotes from the comments... he definitely believes microneedling could be an essential part of reversing hairloss (amongst other influences/protocol as well).
Oh, yeah. Ma man Rob. That is an interesting post indeed.
It's becoming more and more clear that microneedling could be a very important part of the puzzle.
Now I'm wondering if I'm using enough pressure when using my dermapen (got the one from numberguy, the video tutorial)

Not a lot of irritation after my needling session.

How much pressure do you guys use when needling with a pen?
I use mild pressure. Redness stayed for a couple of days. Gonna go harder (but not much harder) next session.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I'm wondering if I'm using enough pressure when using my dermapen (got the one from numberguy, the video tutorial)

I don’t think I was applying enough pressure, I’ve recently started pushing a bit harder, firmer grip. Also I seem to be getting more blood now, scalp seemed pretty tough when I started.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

As i become more confident i ramped up the aggression, speed and depth i push hard enough to glide but im doing 2mm so i know im at leasting hitting 1.5mm my first 2 session probably don't count cuz i was over cautious

Iah11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a fortnight in and my hair seems to be much worse with little signs of anything happening. I don't use topical monoxidil but oral. I know oral is way stronger because it worked after topical stopped working. However, I will buy a bottle of Rogaine, to use once weekly- the days i derma roll. I think this will be better as maybe it is good to deliver minoxidil topically, right when wounding so as to direct the wound healing in the direction of new hair formation as efficiently as possible.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So my scalp is no longer oily. However, the sebum is back after I massage.
Interesting.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I'm thinking about is if the minoxidil foam I used for years actually did do sh*t. I would just apply it quickly, but most of it probably just ended up on my hair. I can't even remember ever getting a shed. I started using the liquid a couple of months before I started needling and now I apply the minoxidil way more properly by seperating my hair with a comb and try to get most of it on my scalp with the dropper. Maybe the minoxidil actually started working now. Either way I'm seeing results so I'm happy. Just hope we can drop it eventually when we get the results we want and maintain with wounding only.

Use the liquid. Foam is so sh*t.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah those first two photos is from when my hair is oily, but I'm seeing good progress for sure. It's mostly the top front and sides that's getting thicker and darker at the moment, but hopefully the rest will follow soon too

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it is possible to transport a dermapen with a battery in a checked in luggage?