Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First pictures are from January 2014, other pictures are from May and December 2014. Today I'm still way above baseline. My hairloss is very agressive. Between first pictures and start of hairloss are only 2 to 3 years.

Started Microneedling because I lost ground over past 4 years. I'm far away from full head of hair. I need Toppik today.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, another positive thing. I'm pretty sure the azelaic acid in my minoxidil has cleared out all the random acne on my scalp. My head has no annoying pimples and feels as healthy as it's ever been.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The interesting part about Kitedude's study is that he used Minoxidil for 6 months in the beginning. Who's to say he didn't have results with it and then kept them with rolling? Gotta give it a shot at least.
His situation was really similar to mine. Timeframe between the beginning of his hair loss and taking real action to treat it (6 years), status quo (saw his pics and his hair looked very much like mine in the before pic), slow hair loss... Wonder if that plays a part.

If it works for you and doesn't harm you, then keep at it man. I hope needling helps you even more. Best of luck!

Im def curious if we could all use a topical like minoxidil (or whatever) get regrowth with needling, and then needle less frequently (1-2 times per month) to maintain.

To me needling is actually attacking the root part of the problem by breaking up fibrosis, as well as stimulating hair proteins. Who's to say once we form hair that we couldn't maintain just with wounding? Personally i wouldn't mind if i had to continue with minoxidil, however it still would be an interesting experiment.

Again follica's treatment calls for "an in office visit" and then use of a daily regimen. They also mention "subsequent visits" may be needed. It'll be interesting to see what protocol they come up with. If they have something viable they'll still make a ton of money cause alot of the general public may not want to needle themselves. Still for us we can use it to our benefit.

Guys, I don't want to be a downer, but I want to remember you that Minoxidi alone is a very strong treatment. If we see results from somebody who started Minoxidil with Microneedling at the same time, this means nothing about the potential of Microneedling. Below you can see my progress pictures from 4 years ago with Minoxidil only without Finasteride or Microneedling.

Anyways great results @Ludachris Batbak

I will start my third session Dermapen soon.

No-one is denying there are minoxidil super responders. However the evidence is far too strong at this point that the micro needling is doing most of the work and the minoxidil gives that extra boost. I have had more growth in one month on minoxidil/needling than i had on 6 years previous with just minoxidil, or finasteride (which i took for a year and had sides).

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you wait 24h after dermarolling before applying Minoxidil, do you think you would still get more benefits compared to Min alone?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I posted this question on the FAQ but Bill suggested I ask here. For those of you who experienced a shed after rolling/stamping/needling were any of you not using minoxidil? I’m having a hard time understanding why needling alone would cause a shed since it’s been theorized that even at 2mm the hair follicle is not being damaged. I’m just wondering if the sheds being seen are really due to the increased absorption/effectiveness of minoxidil. And if not what exactly about the wounding process alone would cause a shed?
Is anyone here experiencing shedding and needling WITHOUT Minoxidil?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying about minoxidil..

I’ve been using it with no results for years BUT like a member said..

What if when I’ve been using minoxidil all this time it isnt getting to the follicle because of fibrosis and then because needling has got rid of that the minoxidil is actually making it through now, so maybe it’s a case of that from my follicles point of view it’s the first time they are getting minoxidil through and it’s having it’s effect now

I really hope not but that does make sense, but yes also there are people with results without minoxidil so maybe not, just a thought

INT

Reaction score
You can maintain and gain only by wouding. a guy on this forum named Kitedude has been maintaining and gaining ground for years..... WITH DERMAROLLING ONLY. he removed picutres on his posts (like many people) because people will steal them for profit probably.

GIVE IT TIME ( 18months )

everything you need to know :
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

Minoxidil gains will go away once you stop minoxidil.

With pretty much EVERY treatment there is always the odd one or two cases over the entire web that have unexplainable great results.

There was a guy who regrew 1,5 Norwood from microneedling with nizoral. Does that mean it is very likely that most of us will get similar results? No...

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
May i give some more experience from my history of hairloss.

I'm 26 and started to see losing ground in 2014 ...like most uninformed people I went to the drugstore and bought Regaine(minoxidil)...but it only helps to maintain my hair or it didn't ..I don't know I still had good hair and thought minoxidil maybe does more damage than it could help me ...so I dropped it 2 years ago...after that I got very hard shedding and I losing ground until sommer... original hairline is still there but I still had heavy sheed and my headskin was visible from every angle...

So I shaved my head because I thought I can live with it...but I couldn't..and started to search in the internet and landed on the dermaroller thread here..

So the point of the story is, my hair is now good as years ago...and without dermaroller it would not be that successful. Minoxidil alone only helped to maintain for me and didn't not thicken up hair dermaroller + minoxidil ( in my opinion)

Last : I also noticed way less sheeding since I started to roll.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

With pretty much EVERY treatment there is always the odd one or two cases over the entire web that have unexplainable great results.

There was a guy who regrew 1,5 Norwood from microneedling with nizoral. Does that mean it is very likely that most of us will get similar results? No...
Okay, that's far more reasonable than saying "it won't work".
The thing here is, there's no way to know for sure if this is just "two cases over the entire web" because it has not been properly trialed, as anyone on Minoxidil is too afraid to stop it.
Not saying it's gonna work just because, just that there's no reason to entirely dismiss the possibility, as it has happened before.

INT

Reaction score
How are you so sure?

Give proof when making these claims.

That's not how this works. The burden of proof is on your side. You guys propose something that is very unlikely with the current scienctific evidence that we have. No, this exact situation has not been tested, but what we have seen from science and individual anecdotes (with the exception of one anonymous guy who apparantly removed his pictures) is that when you stop minoxidil, you will lose your gains.

It is up to you guys to prove me wrong, not the other way around.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
May i give some more experience from my history of hairloss.

I'm 26 and started to see losing ground in 2014 ...like most uninformed people I went to the drugstore and bought Regaine(minoxidil)...but it only helps to maintain my hair or it didn't ..I don't know I still had good hair and thought minoxidil maybe does more damage than it could help me ...so I dropped it 2 years ago...after that I got very hard shedding and I losing ground until sommer... original hairline is still there but I still had heavy sheed and my headskin was visible from every angle...

So I shaved my head because I thought I can live with it...but I couldn't..and started to search in the internet and landed on the dermaroller thread here..

So the point of the story is, my hair is now good as years ago...and without dermaroller it would not be that successful. Minoxidil alone only helped to maintain for me and didn't not thicken up hair dermaroller + minoxidil ( in my opinion)

Last : I also noticed way less sheeding since I started to roll.

So with Minoxidil only you didn't have regrowth and now with Microneedling your hair is growing like crazy. Thank you for this important information. One of the best sucess stories yet. :)

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not how this works. The burden of proof is on your side. You guys propose something that is very unlikely with the current scienctific evidence that we have. No, this exact situation has not been tested, but what we have seen from science and individual anecdotes (with the exception of one anonymous guy who apparantly removed his pictures) is that when you stop minoxidil, you will lose your gains.

It is up to you guys to prove me wrong, not the other way around.
Fair point, man (they're actually two, 2young used it in the beginning too and his results are still there)
Hopefully a few people are up for the test when they get results. It'd be nice to know more about it.
Cheers, bud.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I applied minoxidil 10950 times in my life give or take if i get any results from needling will be intresting

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what I'm saying about minoxidil..

I’ve been using it with no results for years BUT like a member said..

What if when I’ve been using minoxidil all this time it isnt getting to the follicle because of fibrosis and then because needling has got rid of that the minoxidil is actually making it through now, so maybe it’s a case of that from my follicles point of view it’s the first time they are getting minoxidil through and it’s having it’s effect now

I really hope not but that does make sense, but yes also there are people with results without minoxidil so maybe not, just a thought
I also really think that this is the case, don't hope so though

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also really think that this is the case, don't hope so though

For now, I would speculate that microneedling might help 3 things :

1. It reverses fibrosis,

which allows the scalp to have better blood flow/environment to feed follicles ( it just does reverse fibrosis and that means better blood flow, some people are bleeding after their 4th session and they weren't bleeding before, must mean better circulation)

2. healing/cell regen of the follicles+scalp

Dont beleive me? microneedling has been used for years to renew skin cells...... its known to remove scars and probably even birthmarks (do your research about birthmarks). point is, it renews cells.

3. It allows the follicle to be stimulated by topicals

such as minoxidil, since the fibrosis is getting reversed, topicals can now be in contact with the follicle ( this benefit is a result of the fibrosis getting reversed)

Last edited:

Tom4362

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like OP linked there is a forumer that got result WITHOUT minoxidil.
Mythinningconfidence indeed, he is one of the few. I see Kitedude is mentioned a lot here, I did send him a message and he said he only had some small regrowth. He was also balding slowly if I remember correctly, so I don't know if he is great anecdotal evidence. We do not have a lot of anecdotal evidence on this, but I hope it is because there are not many that tried it for longer periods.