Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil gains will go away once you stop minoxidil.

With pretty much EVERY treatment there is always the odd one or two cases over the entire web that have unexplainable great results.

There was a guy who regrew 1,5 Norwood from microneedling with nizoral. Does that mean it is very likely that most of us will get similar results? No...

When your drop minoxidil individually it stops working. How do we know if its dropped after needling if we lose hair? Answer is we don't. I thought the mechanism of why minoxidil stops working wasn't fully understood anyway. I thought it stopped working because fibrosis was still going on in the scalp.

So theoretically if i regrow hair using minoxidil and microneedling, then stop minoxidil why couldn't i maintain my hair? If once every two weeks i'm continuing to break up fibrosis and maintain growth factors in my head? Is that feasible were not sure yet, and personally i don't care if i have to continue minoxidil, but everyone is definitely different. I do def think at the very least we won't have to roll as often if we get the desired regrowth

Mythinningconfidence indeed, he is one of the few. I see Kitedude is mentioned a lot here, I did send him a message and he said he only had some small regrowth. He was also balding slowly if I remember correctly, so I don't know if he is great anecdotal evidence. We do not have a lot of anecdotal evidence on this, but I hope it is because there are not many that tried it for longer periods.

I agree we need more long term data for people without minoxidil. But not just 5-6 months. We need people to do it for 12-18 months. Problem is when you know you can get superior results with minoxidil (or any other topical that works) and micro needling its hard to not do it them combined.

For 2 young he rolled hard but got results. Kite dude had small regrowth but none the less it was impressive to maintain with just rolling. Hairy showers also maintained and regrew hair with just rolling (granted he was rolling with a 2.5 roller). Anecdotes yes, but impressive.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No one is forcing you to do do it. If you don't want to, then don't, couldn't care less. Go get your dutasteride injections.

Oh I sure will, anyone that thinks you can stop hairloss without nuking DHT is delusional. However, I will join the dermapen squad as well not that I learned the cartridges are cheap and contain 12 nails. Assuming you have to do it bi-weekly it's very economically viable.

I will have a couple of dutasteride injection sessions first tho, to see how it goes, then add the derminator.

Derminator comes with 2 cartridges. 12 needle cartridges cost 4 euros (roughly 5 dollars, no shipping included).

Maybe we're not seeing the same thread, but plenty of photographic evidence was presented via Reddit threads and there were no affiliate links. I've seen Kitedude's results, too. No affiliate links there either. PrettyFly83 sure was shilling. 2young was all about that money and all the people seeing results here want a piece of that money, so clearly it's all a lie (despite being backed by like four studies) and Finasteride is our only hope.

Tell that to all the people who don't respond to Finasteride (there's even a microneedling study carried out to non-responders).
Also, it's not just "piercing the skin". The wound triggers the Fgf9 growth factor, related to Wnt signalling.
It appears you didn't even read the studies, yet here you are... Dismissing it and claiming the only real results are from shills. Guess that's easier.
I'm a patient person but sh*t's getting old, man.

Im going to buy a derminator 2 and go for it, I thought it was going to be cheaper. I will definitely not bother reusing needles.

Assuming you have to do it bi-weekly (that's what i've seem from studies? how are you doing it?) it's cheap. How many mm you go with?

In the studies i've seen it's usually around 1.5mm right? well, the best case i've ever seen (@Somebody) is using 1.5mm BUT he claims he is just subtly pushing it, so in practice it may be like 0.5mm, he's going daily tho... the point is, he is not definitely triggering growth factors at 0.5mm I assume. And yes i've read the studies, I remember the indian one.

So my point is, we have insane regrowth in some cases, but they are doing it their own way, not going too deep, in the case of Somebody.

All of the cases i've seen are on finasteride/dutasteride and minoxidil tho. Please show me photographic evidence of someone getting solid regrowth without antiandrogens.

Also, there's no consensus if dermarolling/dermapen is better. Most good results i saw are with rollers. What if the tearing of dermarolling is actually needed and the clean perforation of dermapens aren't cutting it?

Also what about chronic inflammation? Would a person with the classic "DHT itch" benefit from further inflammation or f*** things up even worse? (see cases where doing this just made them balder)

So like I said before, many unanswered questions there.

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Left pic from Dec 17. Right one from today. Wet hair, combed down. After 11 sessions, nearly 3 months.

6wgKsMJ.jpg

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When your drop minoxidil individually it stops working. How do we know if its dropped after needling if we lose hair? Answer is we don't. I thought the mechanism of why minoxidil stops working wasn't fully understood anyway. I thought it stopped working because fibrosis was still going on in the scalp.

So theoretically if i regrow hair using minoxidil and microneedling, then stop minoxidil why couldn't i maintain my hair? If once every two weeks i'm continuing to break up fibrosis and maintain growth factors in my head? Is that feasible were not sure yet, and personally i don't care if i have to continue minoxidil, but everyone is definitely different. I do def think at the very least we won't have to roll as often if we get the desired regrowth

I agree we need more long term data for people without minoxidil. But not just 5-6 months. We need people to do it for 12-18 months. Problem is when you know you can get superior results with minoxidil (or any other topical that works) and micro needling its hard to not do it them combined.

For 2 young he rolled hard but got results. Kite dude had small regrowth but none the less it was impressive to maintain with just rolling. Hairy showers also maintained and regrew hair with just rolling (granted he was rolling with a 2.5 roller). Anecdotes yes, but impressive.

The Indian study shows sustainable response after 8 months, i'm guessing the hair didn't fall off after they stopped.
http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...lume=5;issue=1;spage=6;epage=11;aulast=Dhurat

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Guys my dr.pen came in today, I tried it at 1.0 mm to get used to it at medium to low speed, holy crap did this hurt!

I used the 36 pin attachement so maybe that's why, but my crown and hairline immediately started to bleed, and I didn't even have it that hard on my skin.

Is this a matter of getting used to it over time, or do I just have very sensitive skin? I feel my head throbbing like blood is rushing to it. I plan to apply minoxidil next evening (so about 24 hours later), but damn did this hurt pretty bad.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sounds like you just have sensitive skin if it gives you that much pain even at 1.0 mm

might need to add some numbing cream

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I could try some numbing cream but maybe I just need to get used to it first? I mean, I intended to do my whole head but could only bear to do my hairline and a subsection of my crown for the first session.

I bought the 10 piece 12-pin cartridges on amazon because I figured they would be better than the 36 pin, is that true? Maybe they will hurt a little less at least.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the 10 piece 12-pin cartridges on amazon because I figured they would be better than the 36 pin, is that true? Maybe they will hurt a little less at least.

I can't speak from experience regarding 36 needle cartridges ... but I figure the more needles, the more blunt the action maybe? Or maybe it is as simple as more needles = more pain ?

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I can't speak from experience regarding 36 needle cartridges ... but I figure the more needles, the more blunt the action maybe? Or maybe it is as simple as more needles = more pain ?

Could be...I mean, I intended to do it like the OP in the video, but I was more so poking my head because I couldn't leave the pen pressed against the skin. It just really hurt badly, I put some 70% isopropyl alcohol on a tissue and dabbed my crown after and there were blood spots on it, as well as on my hairline.

I'm using the dr.pen a6 ultima from amazon.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I could try some numbing cream but maybe I just need to get used to it first? I mean, I intended to do my whole head but could only bear to do my hairline and a subsection of my crown for the first session.

If it hurts at only 1mm and its bleeding alot.

I would take the ''easy into it'' approach

I would massage my scalp everyday instead of doing more sessions. Until the scalp skin is looser in a couple days,

Then I would ease into it and start with 0.5mm for atleast 2 sessions, and see how my scalp reacts, and see if the problem is actually my scalp being too tight or whatever to go 1mm+ this early.

Then I would eventually try 0.75mm the next session, and ease into it every new session until I reach 1.5mm.

If you feel like it's just the pain and you dont mind the blood at only 1mm, well numbing cream is your best bet.

..... I would take the ''safe approach'' and take the steps to try to get used to it/ get to know my scalp. What I'm essentially suggesting is the following: reverse the fibrosis of your scalp with the softer/less intense methods I listed above....for a couple of weeks, before rushing to 1mm-1.5mm

Remember, this is not a race, it's a marathon.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
If it hurts at only 1mm and its bleeding alot.

I would take the ''easy into it'' approach

I would massage my scalp everyday instead of doing more sessions. Until the scalp skin is looser in a couple days,

Then I would ease into it and start with 0.5mm for atleast 2 sessions, and see how my scalp reacts, and see if the problem is actually my scalp being too tight or whatever to go 1mm+ this early.

Then I would eventually try 0.75mm the next session, and ease into it every new session until I reach 1.5mm.

If you feel like it's just the pain and you dont mind the blood at only 1mm, well numbing cream is your best bet.

..... I would take the ''safe approach'' and take the steps to try to get used to it/ get to know my scalp. What I'm essentially suggesting is the following: reverse the fibrosis of your scalp with the softer/less intense methods I listed above....for a couple of weeks, before rushing to 1mm-1.5mm

Remember, this is not a race, it's a marathon.

Good advice Drextez, thanks. I figured if everyone else is going at 1.5mm at full speed here, I should be able to just tough it out, but there's no shame in starting out smaller I guess.

I definitely have scalp tightness and after a short session of massaging my scalp, I can feel the blood flow really rushing to it.

It wasn't a ton of blood but it did bleed decently, I cleaned up the spots afterwards with isopropyl alcohol and rinsed my head with cold water. After toweling it there was no more blood coming off.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good advice Drextez, thanks. I figured if everyone else is going at 1.5mm at full speed here, I should be able to just tough it out, but there's no shame in starting out smaller I guess.

I definitely have scalp tightness and after a short session of massaging my scalp, I can feel the blood flow really rushing to it.

It wasn't a ton of blood but it did bleed decently, I cleaned up the spots afterwards with isopropyl alcohol and rinsed my head with cold water. After toweling it there was no more blood coming off.

The whole point of this is to damage the skin in order to get a response. If you go to light it may not work.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good advice there.

I tried things out at 1mm initially as well before going up to 1.5mm. It's hard to draw comparisons, although it shares some similarities to flossing your teeth. More painful than flossing of course... but a similar kind of experience.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how this is possible but three weeks into needling I'm shedding like mad and my hair got so much worse. I see hair everywhere. My clothes and desks are covered in dark long strands. A hole literally opened on top of my head with scalp see through. And this is from someone who was previously maintaining overall density well and got commented on having a lot of hair.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
The whole point of this is to damage the skin in order to get a response. If you go to light it may not work.

If I'm already bleeding though I'm a bit afraid to go even harder. It's already been an hour + after the fact and I still feeling tingling on my scalp after the session. I may just have really bad scalp elasticity, not sure.

slerpen

Reaction score

I had the same experience as you. I could barely get through my first session. As I mentioned in one of my posts, I am COVERED in tattoos. Like, armpits, hands, toes, everything...and I think my first session or two of dermaneedling my head was worse than any of that. Still obviously hurts, but bearable now. I just put on some loud music and power through. I bleed a lot too.

I've only used a 9-needle Derminator cartridges so I can't speak to whether more needles hurts more/less.

el_duterino

Reaction score
If this is an issue of minoxidil not reaching the follicles then why not just try oral minoxidil ?
Cheap and convenient I pop one 5mg pill per day and the results are as good as when I used a lot of minoxidil liquid twice a day

MKP05

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how this is possible but three weeks into needling I'm shedding like mad and my hair got so much worse. I see hair everywhere. My clothes and desks are covered in dark long strands. A hole literally opened on top of my head with scalp see through. And this is from someone who was previously maintaining overall density well and got commented on having a lot of hair.
Are you using minoxidil or needling on its own?