Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone experienced scarring from this? I'm pretty bald and a bunch of scars on my head would make it look even worse
You should be fine as long as you don't obliterate your scalp.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 4th roll. I might be wrong, but it looks like certain areas look a bit thicker. Probably because it's difficult to get the same kind of pressure on all areas with a roller. My pen will probably arrive sometime next month as it's coming from China, so I am stuck with this for a while.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just did my 4th roll. I might be wrong, but it looks like certain areas look a bit thicker. Probably because it's difficult to get the same kind of pressure on all areas with a roller. My pen will probably arrive sometime next month as it's coming from China, so I am stuck with this for a while.
I just did my fourth session too. Some days I feel like my temples hairs are growing but other days I feel like it is getting worse. So I guess nothing yet :(

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are those A1/A6/A7 dr. pen from China for 50$ reliable and whats the difference between each model? after how many sessions should the 12 pin head be replaced?

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
This!

I just dont think its good practice to re-use pins, especially as they are so cheap.
Just smear some hand sanitizer on the pins. the stuff I have kills 99% of bacteria.
That said I used the same derma stamp for 6 months without disinfecting it and never had an infection. No need to damage the environment by wasting pins

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just smear some hand sanitizer on the pins. the stuff I have kills 99% of bacteria.
That said I used the same derma stamp for 6 months without disinfecting it and never had an infection. No need to damage the environment by wasting pins

Fair enough.....chance of infection is probably 0 or close to.....im just being a bit OCD :p

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as you disenfect your equipment after every use the only reason you should have for changing needle head/ dermaroller is dulling on the pins.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a question: has anyone used Dr Pen cartridges for the derminator? It’s impossible to get things shipped from derminator. The cartridges look exactly the same. If they work, then I can order the dr pen cartridges off of amazon for
My derminator. Anyone tried this?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here’s a question: has anyone used Dr Pen cartridges for the derminator? It’s impossible to get things shipped from derminator. The cartridges look exactly the same. If they work, then I can order the dr pen cartridges off of amazon for
My derminator. Anyone tried this?

I wondered about this, according to the people that sell the derminator you can only use their cartridges, but they all look the same to me.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just did my fourth session too. Some days I feel like my temples hairs are growing but other days I feel like it is getting worse. So I guess nothing yet :(
You think it could make it worse? More dht blood attacking the follicles?

INT

Reaction score
Interestingly, after a good thorough needling, i applied my normal dose of Estriol, 17 alpha estradiol and equol to my scalp - i normally feel a bit groggy /

Maybe I go a bit off-topic but any results from estriol, alpha estradiol an equol?

Thanks

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I'm making progress with this but it's hard to tell because I have long hair...

Trying to take pictures has just shown me how easy it is for companies to trick people with photos

I've brushed my hair the exact same and under a light and It looks like I've made progress but I'm not sure

I'll gice it another month and upload here to see what you guys think

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Comprehensive molecular characterization of microneedling therapy in a human three‐dimensional skin model https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0204318
For those of you curious as to how wounding works at the molecular level. Some key points to note:
- wounding induces epithelial (blood vessel) cell proliferation and differentiation
- downregulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines
- upregulation of chemokine CCL11 which contributes to cell activation and angiogenesis
- upregulation of IGF-1 5 days after wounding (!!!)
- increased collagen and keratin synthesis
- "Wound healing is not fully completed five days after microneedling; therefore the upregulation of this marker in our model may reflect the ongoing differentiation of epithelial cells."

sinusoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's seeming to me more and more like some form of mechanical stimulation has been the missing link in hair loss treatments. I'm reminded of a post on another forum where a slick bald NW7 for many years saw significant regrowth by crunching a soda bottle cap very hard on his head multiple times a day. I'm skeptical of the fibrosis theory but there must something happening in the scalp that can be attenuated with purely physical manipulation.