Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be cool (and safer) if everyone participating in this "trial" is clear about what they are doing.

Abosultely.
Also, Kagaho, thanks for all the insight you´ve provided. I´ve seen some of your older posts and I get you´ve been wounding for almost a year with slow but steady regrowth. You mentioned that you are slowly seeing new hairs in your hairline. But have you also seen gains over other parts of your scalp? You say you are a diffuse thinner, well... have your overal hair gotten thicker on top, or is it just your hairline?

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Abosultely.
Also, Kagaho, thanks for all the insight you´ve provided. I´ve seen some of your older posts and I get you´ve been wounding for almost a year with slow but steady regrowth. You mentioned that you are slowly seeing new hairs in your hairline. But have you also seen gains over other parts of your scalp? You say you are a diffuse thinner, well... have your overal hair gotten thicker on top, or is it just your hairline?

what derminator would you recommend? do you have a link?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly, some people didnt even bother to read how this has to be done.

Its insane to go 2mm everyday!

It would be cool (and safer) if everyone participating in this "trial" is clear about what they are doing.

What depth and frequency was in the study/have you been using?

Jimm

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those who are going to use only dermarollers or the dermapen without minoxidil, bear in mind that the few cases of success are those that risked great infections and endured pain.

Read well the story of the Greek guy of the photos. It would be absurd to hurt one's head the way he did for not wanting to use minoxidil.

He swelled up to the nodes and reached a wound depth greater than 2 mm

All scientific evidence suggests that this is a synergistic therapy between light wounding and drugs that reactivate hair follicle stem cells.

Do not give more laps: 1.5 mm Dermaroller / stamp 1 or 2 times a week of mild to moderate intensity and minoxidil 2 times a day.

Those who leave protocol do not come after crying that did not get the result they expected.

This comes from a guy who is doing this with success following the indian study protocol and read every study published about skin disruption for androgenetic alopecia.

I agree with everything here, but I don’t think people will hurt themselves applying minoxidil once a day. Those that respond to it can respond to this application rate from everything I’ve come across. I can see where you’d say that as that’s what the directions state, but then again the directions state vertex only. Amirite?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished first derminator session. Only went 1mm. Much much much better than dermaroller. Consistent. Zero hair pulled out. I’m a fan.
On a scale of 1-10, how worth it would you say it was?
I'm thinking about getting it. If I'm gonna commit to this, I might as well get the best dermapen out there. I'm investing in myself after all.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished first derminator session. Only went 1mm. Much much much better than dermaroller. Consistent. Zero hair pulled out. I’m a fan.

can you update your regimen? and also, can you link your derminator? thanks!

charlie76761

Established Member
Reaction score
Came across this 252 page mega thread on BTT solely on microneedling that seems to have been setup after the Indian study.

Google landed me on page 242 which immediately had a photo story of some growth. Worth a read if you have some time - I'm guessing a lot of insight within it.

https://www.baldtruthtaIk.com/threads/13420-Dermarolling-Community-Trial

Seems the link won't work from HairLossTalk.com which is understandabl... find it via google using the subject title in the link.

Another 250 page thread on microneedling closer to home...

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/new-dermaroller-study-thoughts-comments.69374/page-2

Last edited:

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Abosultely.

I have overall thicker hair but noticeable regrowth only in the front and the temples

Existing hair is much better.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with everything here, but I don’t think people will hurt themselves applying minoxidil once a day. Those that respond to it can respond to this application rate from everything I’ve come across. I can see where you’d say that as that’s what the directions state, but then again the directions state vertex only. Amirite?

Yeah, minoxidil once a day shouldnt hurt.

I was referring to big changes like overdoing it without giving time to heal or expecting great results with 0.5 or 1 mm without minoxidil.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On a scale of 1-10, how worth it would you say it was?
I'm thinking about getting it. If I'm gonna commit to this, I might as well get the best dermapen out there. I'm investing in myself after all.
It has only been one time, but I can absolutely notice a difference with the consistency and efficacy of wounding this way. Does that mean it will do anything?time will tell....

raptor

Reaction score
How long have you been on finasteride? Perhaps it´s because of the initial shed of finas. As I said in my previous post, 6 months is likely still too early to give up on rolling. Moreover, I´d use 1.5mm needles. That's the length that has been employed in studies, so there is the possibility that 1mm is just not enough. Try to add minoxidil as well. All of these suggestions are just based in my speculation, given that there is not a properly tested optimal regime for micronnedling as a treatment for hairloss. We still don´t know stuff such as the optimal needle length and optimal frequency of application, so for now I think it´s best to stick to what has been done.

I have just started wounding with my dermapen last week, and I am trying to convince myself not to expect results in at least a year. Let´s see what happens with this big community trial. I hope this lasts long enough to make a fair long term assessment. So people, please do not give up early.

I've been on finasteride for 2 years.
I always use minoxidil together with derma rolling.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder how this'd work with WAY. So far, 9 people in this forum got it.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what if I got a big fat vein on top of my head what do I do lol

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone experienced scarring from this? I'm pretty bald and a bunch of scars on my head would make it look even worse