Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

keephoping

Reaction score
Is the Derminator really that much better than Dr. Pen? Would be cool to save some $$$ but if it's that big of a gap between quality and it makes it less painful, a 200 dollar investment might be worth it.

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing. That encourages me even more, cause I plan on doing it without Minoxidil or Finasteride.
Yeah, same here. Just rosemary oil. For me personally, health always comes first. Really encouraging to see what appears to be possible without any chemicals.

Let's hope we'll have similar success. What's your status quo, if I may ask? I have some temple and hairline recession (probably somewhere around Norwood 2-3), crown is thick as ever. Guess I'll have to be extra patient cause hairline regrowth appears to be comparably slow.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. Just rosemary oil. For me personally, health always comes first. Really encouraging to see what appears to be possible without any chemicals.

Let's hope we'll have similar success. What's your status quo, if I may ask? I have some temple and hairline recession (probably somewhere around Norwood 2-3), crown is thick as ever. Guess I'll have to be extra patient cause hairline regrowth appears to be comparably slow.
you are soon to be nw7 with that scalp massage regimen.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth usually starts after 2-4 months from what I’ve been seeing.

A lot of people in this thread are super exited claiming that they´ll see results after 3-4 months. I´m gonna sound a bit harsh saying this, but after doing an exhaustive review of anecdotal accounts in the internet (tressless, bald truth, old threads here), I can say that most of these people are going to be OVERLY dissapointed.
The 2-4 months mark is based on specific cases of very good and early responses, such as the Tressless subject referenced in the OP. It's nice to see these individuals responding well, and they should be very well taken as an encouragement to jump on this treatment, but they should not be taken as a reference for comparison of progress. Why? Because overly good (and early) responders are always a tiny fraction of the population. Imagine if Ussain Bolt reveals his whole training regime, and then a bunch of people start following the regime exactly as he described it. If you see a group of people claiming that after some time they will be as fast as Bolt because they do exactly what he does, you are probably going to laugh out loud. So please, stop thinking you are going to get overwhelming results in 2, 3 or even 6 months

From what I have gathered from other sites, there were a lot of people complaining and giving up on dermarolling because they didnt get results within a year, even going as far as calling the 2013 Indian study bullshit. Nevertheless, a few individuals stuck to it and EVENTUALLY started getting cosmetically significant regrowth after a year of consistent wounding. So what I want to say with all this is that people should definitely be doing this. I don't want to discourage anyone. I just want to raise awareness about the probable speed of the progress for average responders, because if you are all seriously expecting results that early, there is going to be a massive quitting event in some months, and that would be a shame, because this thing will probably work given enough time.

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I plan on doing this indefinitely, on my scalp as well as my face. That's why I made an investment in the derminator. If I planned on using this for just a few months I would keep buying dermarollers...

raptor

Reaction score
I've been derma rolling for 6 months and got worse so I stopped. What should I do? I used 1 mm once a week. By worse I mean it didn't help and I continued to thin in the same rate as before.
I even use finasterde and it's not helping either. I'm really unlucky I guess..

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been derma rolling for 6 months and got worse so I stopped. What should I do? I used 1 mm once a week. By worse I mean it didn't help and I continued to thin in the same rate as before.
Ive been derma stamping 2mm every day for a month and hair defo got worse. Way too much.
So leaving it a week then using a derma pen 2mm once every week and see if it helps

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

How long have you been on finasteride? Perhaps it´s because of the initial shed of finas. As I said in my previous post, 6 months is likely still too early to give up on rolling. Moreover, I´d use 1.5mm needles. That's the length that has been employed in studies, so there is the possibility that 1mm is just not enough. Try to add minoxidil as well. All of these suggestions are just based in my speculation, given that there is not a properly tested optimal regime for micronnedling as a treatment for hairloss. We still don´t know stuff such as the optimal needle length and optimal frequency of application, so for now I think it´s best to stick to what has been done.

I have just started wounding with my dermapen last week, and I am trying to convince myself not to expect results in at least a year. Let´s see what happens with this big community trial. I hope this lasts long enough to make a fair long term assessment. So people, please do not give up early.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Same. I wanna save my hair, but not at all costs. I care about it and it does affect me, but I'm more than just hair.

I'd say I'm entering Norwood 3 territory, with thinning at the crown and a receding hairline.
And this might take time in general, not only the hairline. Maybe you respond like the people seeing results in the 3-4 month mark, or maybe not. Expect up to a year before you start seeing some more results. Gotta have a lot of patience and consistency.
Hope we do get similar results, regardless of time. Best of luck!

I have just started wounding with my dermapen last week, and I am trying to convince myself not to expect results in at least a year.
That is the smart thing to do; not getting too obsessed about time and just stick with it. In the other thread, the people who stuck with it for a long time were the ones who got results. Bear this in mind, people

Last edited:

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people in this thread are super exited claiming that they´ll see results after 3-4 months. I´m gonna sound a bit harsh saying this, but after doing an exhaustive review of anecdotal accounts in the internet (tressless, bald truth, old threads here), I can say that most of these people are going to be OVERLY dissapointed.
The 2-4 months mark is based on specific cases of very good and early responses, such as the Tressless subject referenced in the OP. It's nice to see these individuals responding well, and they should be very well taken as an encouragement to jump on this treatment, but they should not be taken as a reference for comparison of progress. Why? Because overly good (and early) responders are always a tiny fraction of the population. Imagine if Ussain Bolt reveals his whole training regime, and then a bunch of people start following the regime exactly as he described it. If you see a group of people claiming that after some time they will be as fast as Bolt because they do exactly what he does, you are probably going to laugh out loud. So please, stop thinking you are going to get overwhelming results in 2, 3 or even 6 months

From what I have gathered from other sites, there were a lot of people complaining and giving up on dermarolling because they didnt get results within a year, even going as far as calling the 2013 Indian study bullshit. Nevertheless, a few individuals stuck to it and EVENTUALLY started getting cosmetically significant regrowth after a year of consistent wounding. So what I want to say with all this is that people should definitely be doing this. I don't want to discourage anyone. I just want to raise awareness about the probable speed of the progress for average responders, because if you are all seriously expecting results that early, there is going to be a massive quitting event in some months, and that would be a shame, because this thing will probably work given enough time.

Thank you for this post. I’ve been wounding for 6 months and no regrowth. I was starting to become discouraged.

I wonder whether people start to maintain before the regrowth kicks in?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for this post. I’ve been wounding for 6 months and no regrowth. I was starting to become discouraged.

I wonder whether people start to maintain before the regrowth kicks in?

Who knows. In the other old threads, people who stuck to it over a year started to see mild regrowth in areas that had been slick bald for several years. Mild regrowth means that the outcome is at least a little bit above maintenance, so people who want to at least keep what they have could also jump on this treatment. My personal guess is that, at certain point, regrowth is so mild that people simply do not notice it visually, and that can be cosmetically regarded as maintenance. What can you tell us by your 6 month experience? Have you maintained? Did you get an initial shed?

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Those who are going to use only dermarollers or the dermapen without minoxidil, bear in mind that the few cases of success are those that risked great infections and endured pain.

Read well the story of the Greek guy of the photos. It would be absurd to hurt one's head the way he did for not wanting to use minoxidil.

He swelled up to the nodes and reached a wound depth greater than 2 mm

All scientific evidence suggests that this is a synergistic therapy between light wounding and drugs that reactivate hair follicle stem cells.

Do not give more laps: 1.5 mm Dermaroller / stamp 1 or 2 times a week of mild to moderate intensity and minoxidil 2 times a day.

Those who leave protocol do not come after crying that did not get the result they expected.

This comes from a guy who is doing this with success following the indian study protocol and read every study published about skin disruption for androgenetic alopecia.

Last edited:

lenuam

My Regimen
Reaction score
you are soon to be nw7 with that scalp massage regimen.

Haha, thanks for the negativity. However, my hairline has been receding very slowly for more than 5 years and since I started doing scalp massages, my hair loss has actually halted. Cheers.

Same. I wanna save my hair, but not at all costs. I care about it and it does affect me, but I'm more than just hair.

I'd say I'm entering Norwood 3 territory, with thinning crown and a receding hairline.
And this might take time in general, not only the hairline. Maybe you respond like the people seeing results in the 3-4 month mark, or maybe not. Expect up to a year before you start seeing some more results. Gotta have a lot of patience and consistency.
Hope we do get similar results, regardless of time. Best of luck!

That is the smart thing to do; not getting too obsessed about time and just stick with it. In the other thread, the people who stuck with it for a long time were the ones who got results. Bear this in mind, people

Yeah, exactly, it is crucial to have patience. These things can take a lot of time. And I absolutely share your opinion. We're more than our hair, and while I'd hate to lose it, I'd still prefer to be fit, strong and healthy anytime if I had to choose. Best of luck to you, too!

Those who are going to use only dermarollers or the dermapen without minoxidil, bear in mind that the few cases of success are those that risked great infections and endured pain.

Read well the story of the Greek guy of the photos. It would be absurd to hurt one's head the way he did for not wanting to use minoxidil.

He swelled up to the nodes and reached a wound depth greater than 2 mm

All scientific evidence suggests that this is a synergistic therapy between light wounding and drugs that reactivate hair follicle stem cells.

Do not give more laps: 1.5 mm Dermaroller / stamp 1 or 2 times a week of mild to moderate intensity and minoxidil 2 times a day.

Those who leave protocol do not come after crying that did not get the result they expected.

This comes from a guy who is doing this with success following the indian study protocol and read every study published about skin disruption for androgenetic alopecia.

Thanks, I do appreciate your post and am aware of the fact that not using Minoxidil might this less or even completely ineffective. Nevertheless, I think it's also important to figure out the long-term effects (6-12 months +) of wounding only. To my knowledge, no such study has been published to date.

Also, I think the potential of a rosemary oil topical shouldn't be completely underestimated. There is a study which compares its effectiveness against Minoxidil after all.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been derma stamping 2mm every day for a month and hair defo got worse. Way too much.
So leaving it a week then using a derma pen 2mm once every week and see if it helps

You was dermarolling every day? Does it not need time to heal? Is that not the whole point?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those who have used the derminator/pen..... how long until the redness is gone? If I did it at night, would it be gone by morning?