Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
So took until this morning for redness to go away, stamped on saturday night. Im starting topical minoxidil again once at night, im already taking 10mg oral at night as well.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Tom Cruise film where he wakes up and goes to the mirror to pluck a hair from his scalp! Isn’t that along the same lines as regeneration? They were on to something! :D
Now that you mention movies... Somehow this reminded of Thanos.
"Follica is taking too long... Fine, I'll do it myself".
Q6ybpjy.jpg

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A short update on my experience with scalp massage as stand alone treatment since 2 weeks.

Of course nothing to see which is why i do not post any picture. But when i started the massaging i lost about 20 hair per massage (mostly hair that were shorter than my haircut and very thin aka miniaturized hair). After 2 weeks and in sum about 350 minutes of massaging i m loosing about 2-3 hair per massage.

Either the massages riped out all the weak hair and that is why i do not loose any of those anymore (my hairline is stil full of tiny hair) so this is quite unlikely. The other explaination is, the masage strengthen the scalp skin or the hair roots (which is quite fast after 2 weeks) will go one for one or two weeks with scalp massaging allone and will add then microneedling and trinov to the massages.

Another thing i started 3 weeks ago is excercising with my head below heart level.
2x a week 4 sets of benchpress with head below heart niveau with 100kg and 6 reps.
2x a week 4 sets of benchpress reversed grip with head below heart niveau with 80kg and 8 reps.
so in total 4 times a week a lot of blood is pumped into my head (directly after each set my head looks like a giant tomato) my thought on that is that this increases the blood flow and therefore delivers the needed nutritions to the hair follicle. Does anyone have an educated guess if that could help with hairloss. (If not i read it is good for your heart so i will go on with it i m just curious if i do my hair any good with that)

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A short update on my experience with scalp massage as stand alone treatment since 2 weeks.

Of course nothing to see which is why i do not post any picture. But when i started the massaging i lost about 20 hair per massage (mostly hair that were shorter than my haircut and very thin aka miniaturized hair). After 2 weeks and in sum about 350 minutes of massaging i m loosing about 2-3 hair per massage.

Either the massages riped out all the weak hair and that is why i do not loose any of those anymore (my hairline is stil full of tiny hair) so this is quite unlikely. The other explaination is, the masage strengthen the scalp skin or the hair roots (which is quite fast after 2 weeks) will go one for one or two weeks with scalp massaging allone and will add then microneedling and trinov to the massages.

Another thing i started 3 weeks ago is excercising with my head below heart level.
2x a week 4 sets of benchpress with head below heart niveau with 100kg and 6 reps.
2x a week 4 sets of frenchpress with head below heart niveau with 80kg and 8 reps.
so in total 4 times a week a lot of blood is pumped into my head (directly after each set my head looks like a giant tomato) my thought on that is that this increases the blood flow and therefore delivers the needed nutritions to the hair follicle. Does anyone have an educated guess if that could help with hairloss. (If not i read it is good for your heart so i will go on with it i m just curious if i do my hair any good with that)
May I ask, do you do them in a specific way? As in, do you just sit and massage, or do you do them, say, lying in your bed leaving your head hanging?
I can't help you with the exercises, sorry.

Last edited:

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
May I ask, do you do them in a specific way? As in, do you just sit and massage, or do you do them, say, laying down your bed leaving your head hanging?
I can't help you with the exercises, sorry.
My 5 minutes massage in the morning i do under the shower with hot water to improve blood circulation. The 20 minutes in the evening i do while watching netflix so i don t ge bored. So in a sitting position.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the Derminator and should arrive soon. Look, it’s not my first time wounding my scalp but I wasn’t doing it properly or regularly before (I was using a dermaroller and had long hair). Nowadays I’m always shaven and I have pretty large bald areas so it should be super easy to track for me. I don’t promise pictures but I’ll report back like the other people here.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a chart coming from a dermaroller seller. They seem very cautious it seems... and for obvious reasons. They don't want someone to file a lawsuit against them because something they didn't test turned wrong.

People on youtube who do it on their hair are using 1.5 mm needles. Same for the studies we are following. If you read the study, you will find that the professors say it's harmless at 1.5mm.
I m aware of that... That is why i was surprised they go with such low numbers. But the lawsuit is a good explainaiton.
During my search for needling and hairloss i found this:
https://www.dimedico.co.il/hairegen/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/MJDR-1000116.pdf
ithis treatment is based on every day wounding (very low) and releasing cooper and zinc...
Maybe there are two ways of woundng that can promote hair.
very light and on a daily basis or go hard and therefore only 2-4 times a month

RatherLurk

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody else using a cream or topical after rolling to help initial recovery? I am using an Aloe Vera cream that reduces the redness and should help the healing process. However I have heard people claiming that Aloe Vera might not be the best for hair?

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
FWIW I am starting out with 0.5mm twice per week, and will gradually move up to 2.0mm per 14 days.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I m aware of that... That is why i was surprised they go with such low numbers. But the lawsuit is a good explainaiton.
During my search for needling and hairloss i found this:
https://www.dimedico.co.il/hairegen/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/MJDR-1000116.pdf
ithis treatment is based on every day wounding (very low) and releasing cooper and zinc...
Maybe there are two ways of woundng that can promote hair.
very light and on a daily basis or go hard and therefore only 2-4 times a month

Interesting read, especially this part.

'The metals, zinc and copper, were chosen due to their ability
to produce inhibition of 5-alpha-reductase, a major factor of
Androgenetic Alopecia onset.8Since human skin, when slightly humid, has
electrolytic solution properties, this naturally occurring electro-
chemical interaction and the electric current, both cause the
trace amounts of zinc and copper ions to depose into the skin at
the contact points of the metallic spikes with the scalp.'

I wonder if usage of pumpkin seed oil after dermarolling would increase efficiancy.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Every Morning and evening 30g of protein powder. Every evening one spoon of Broccoli sprouts with pumpkin seed oil. Any suggestion for a natural biotin and zinc source i could add to my hair diet?

Quick google search doesn't hurt. I prefer nuts like peanuts or walnuts for zinc and copper. And if you eat diary products you probably shouldn't worry about biotin.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6th Session done...5 weeks into it....definitely gets less painful the more you do it...2mm max speed is a breeze now.

Overall my hair is looking better week by week and shedding none existent.
How long do you take for each session