Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
“The obtained results were sustained post procedure during 18 months follow-up period” R Dhurat Study

Am I reading this correctly? After 18 months the results were sustained? Has anyone stopped dermarolling without losing ground?

Also, with regards to minoxidil, anyone considered taking it orally at low dose. I recently saw a well known dermatologist who believes that the results of minoxidil exists only because they go systemically when administered topically on the scalp. Basically he almost exclusively prescribes oral minoxidil at 1/40 of normal dosage. I am mentioning this on this thread because it might help to avoid topical application whilst needling

ISh1tYouNot

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I got lost on Google shcolar again, and I found another clue about how to performthe microneedling properly, from another paper from Rachida Dhurat (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458936/ -- where it's shown that microneedling improves Androgenetic Alopecia in 4 men that have no improvement using minoxidil/finasteride).

Microneedling procedure
The scalp was surgically cleansed with betadine and normal saline. A dermaroller of 1.5 mm sized needles was gently rolled over the affected areas of the scalp in longitudinal, vertical, and diagonal directions until mild erythema was noted; this was considered as the end point of the procedure. Each procedure lasted for about 20-25 minutes. The patients were advised to continue with their ongoing therapy with finasteride and minoxidil.

All the patients were subjected to microneedling procedure weekly for 4 sessions initially and then fortnightly for subsequent 11 sessions. The total duration of microneedling treatment lasted for 24 weeks.

That should make things clearer regarding frequency/pressure. :)

Hope it helps!

EDIT: I am considering sending an email to the authors of the study with some question regarding their procedure... Should we try to group questions we all have in a single email?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have dark circles around my eyes every day since I'm a teenager. How long does the dark circles removing works for you mate ?

I would love to remove that sh*t too. I never used it under my eyes, but I will definitely do it now. 0.5mm under the eyes and 1.0mm on the rest of the face.

If you want quick results though, you can always use fillers or something lol. But that's a little risky.

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can I microneedle each part of my scalp in 3 directions and then go next part or should I do the whole scalp in one direction and then go for other 2 directions?

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thought I’d post an update, hairline has new hair that continues to grow although very slowly. No noticeable results on the crown yet. I’ve been using the dermapen for a month with minoxidil.
One thing I’ve noticed is that when my diet is garbage, I lose more hair. This weekend I was drinking quite a lot for the holidays, catching up with friends family etc, eating tons of unhealthy food high and fats / carbs for thanksgiving, and lots of beer. The following few days I was shedding at least 3x as much as I normally do, most evident when washing my hair - my hands were covered in it. Now that I’m back on my normal healthy diet I seem to be shedding noticeably less. Not to get off topic but I think all the inflammation from a shitty diet can play into this. This seems to always happen after a weekend of drinking beer and eating bad. At first I thought it was a coincidence but it’s happened so often that I almost can’t deny it anymore. Maybe something you all should keep on eye on.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
does anyone here think there is actually any science behind going over horizontally, vertically, and diagonally beyond just being super thorough? not me

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thought I’d post an update, hairline has new hair that continues to grow although very slowly. No noticeable results on the crown yet. I’ve been using the dermapen for a month with minoxidil.
One thing I’ve noticed is that when my diet is garbage, I lose more hair. This weekend I was drinking quite a lot for the holidays, catching up with friends family etc, eating tons of unhealthy food high and fats / carbs for thanksgiving, and lots of beer. The following few days I was shedding at least 3x as much as I normally do, most evident when washing my hair - my hands were covered in it. Now that I’m back on my normal healthy diet I seem to be shedding noticeably less. Not to get off topic but I think all the inflammation from a shitty diet can play into this. This seems to always happen after a weekend of drinking beer and eating bad. At first I thought it was a coincidence but it’s happened so often that I almost can’t deny it anymore. Maybe something you all should keep on eye on.
i can relate to this but it's not my diet it's my smoking habit

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just applied minoxidil and literally got only 2-3 hairs on my hand. And I did it quite roughly for about a minute. Definitely think the shedding is getting less. I remember it used to be 10-15, then it went down to 7-8 etc

You guys with aggressive hairloss should take note of this too.

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I lost my hair for the first time (6 years ago), it was very agressive and I had inflammation and acne on my crown (where I lost hair). It was itching a lot. I tried to do something, but it didn't change anything. I'm not sure that it has something to do with eating unhealthy food or beer. At the time I was only eating healthy food and I never drink. I think inflammation and itching is part of the process of balding for a lot of people. In fact, I know when I lose hair when it's inflammated AND I shed.
Maybe that’s it. I just think I’m when I put things into my body thy results in inflammation, I can physically feel my scalp get itchy and I shed a ton of hair. Really weird. I was basically shedding no hair on this regimen for a few weeks, then got an itchy scalp for a few days and shed a ton for a few days. I usually get around 5 hairs on my hand when washing my hair, but I was counting at least over 30... Anyways, back to reduced shedding for now. I don’t get it

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is everyone's shedding stopping after a month. Still shedding here 7 sessions in, no noticeable improvement :(

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How is everyone's shedding stopping after a month. Still shedding here 7 sessions in, no noticeable improvement :(
Is it Minoxidil + needling every week at 1.5 mm? Cause @74775446's hair got worse the first month and then got better. Same could be happening to you.

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't really thinking about it - or looking out for it - at the time but my hair definitely got worse and you can see it in the photos.

It might have been longer than 1 month that I shed, @NilesCrane, so don't give up just yet. Everyone will be different so I'd say give it a try for at least 3 months.
Ah well it might be attributed to not using minoxidil. I was trying to see if needling would be enough but I caved and started minoxidil last night. Hope I get some results in the next few months.

Severen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Stuff I'm thinking of ordering:

Dermapen Dr. Pen Ultima N4 (found for $30-40)

six month-supply of Kirkland minoxidil

I guess I need to order some needles? I found some for $2, I think. I'm probably going to go with the 12-pen cartridges.

Is that enough to try this out?

NilesCrane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stuff I'm thinking of ordering:

Dermapen Dr. Pen Ultima N4 (found for $30-40)

six month-supply of Kirkland minoxidil

I guess I need to order some needles? I found some for $2, I think. I'm probably going to go with the 12-pen cartridges.

Is that enough to try this out?

Get some iso alcohol for disinfecting needles and get that hair son

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah well it might be attributed to not using minoxidil. I was trying to see if needling would be enough but I caved and started minoxidil last night. Hope I get some results in the next few months.

If you just started minoxidil too, just be prepared that you can get more shedding. But that's a good sign, means the treatment is working (often).