Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
And yes I started doing scalp massages from Nov 1 but I was irresponsible in the first two weeks but in the last two weeks I am scrunching my scalp vigorously for like 20-20=40mins and Yes I am pretty sure I shed pretty less hair from the top part of the scalp.But I lose much more amount from the crown to back side of my head which I barely massage.

This reference was mentioned in another post somewhere on the forum:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4740347/

Everyone seemed gung-ho on scalp massage, but the study showed an increase in hair thickness and a decrease in density. So you get thicker strands of hair, just less of them.

Ayr9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Everyone seemed gung-ho on scalp massage, but the study showed an increase in hair thickness and a decrease in density. So you get thicker strands of hair, just less of them.
Bro,when you are balding at the age of 18 and not even a single hair on body is resistant and your friends are hairy wolf with hairline of Zayn Malik,then you have to believe in every freaking thing that is avalaible:')

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Obviously, this is the case if done by itself. Combined with microneedling and other treatments, however...
You got @lenuam, who's been doing it for over a year (with rosemary oil IIRC) before adding microneedling and his hair loss stopped advancing. And there was someone else reporting a significant decrease of shedding after 2 weeks, too. I'd say it's worth adding to the regimen.

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like I will receive my Dr. Pen Ultima A6 today, thanks to Amazon. However, my Minoxidil is stuck in California and according to UPS, it will only come next week.

Do you think I should wait my minoxidil or start microneedling tonight ?
If it's only a week then I'd wait for it.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

Hey, I've been applying copious amounts of minoxidil to my eyebrow, and leaving it on 24/7. Could that have an effect on my scalp hair now that I've cease using? My hair looks unusually thin, and I haven't shed.
How long have you been using it on your eyebrows? It keeps the follicles in anagen phase to extend the growing time. That's why the sheds happen when it's discontinued. All the follicles that had been in anagen overdrive take a breath and shift out. It shouldn't affect your scalp as the topical solution is fairly local, but it could be getting into your system if you've been using copious amounts for an extended time, so it depends on how much for how long.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using it on your eyebrows? It keeps the follicles in anagen phase to extend the growing time. That's why the sheds happen when it's discontinued. All the follicles that had been in anagen overdrive take a breath and shift out. It shouldn't affect your scalp as the topical solution is fairly local, but it could be getting into your system if you've been using copious amounts for an extended time, so it depends on how much for how long.
3 months very infrequently. Also, I heard eyebrow follicles react differently to minoxidil in that they grow slower, and results are permanent. Correct me if i'm incorrect, and thanks for responding to my question.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh!Actually i was also thinking of starting it-Dermaroll+Scalp messages(No other medications or nothing).I am broke now,so I will be only getting dermaroller.But the problem is I have pretty long hair and I dont want to shave it
I have long hair too. Only Dermarolling, taking pics every day or every other day and planning on doing a timelapse on it.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro,when you are balding at the age of 18 and not even a single hair on body is resistant and your friends are hairy wolf with hairline of Zayn Malik,then you have to believe in every freaking thing that is avalaible:')

Balding at the age of 18? With little body hair? In my opinion you should check your testosterone levels. If possible two tests at different days.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just thought I’d post an update, hairline has new hair that continues to grow although very slowly. No noticeable results on the crown yet. I’ve been using the dermapen for a month with minoxidil.
One thing I’ve noticed is that when my diet is garbage, I lose more hair. This weekend I was drinking quite a lot for the holidays, catching up with friends family etc, eating tons of unhealthy food high and fats / carbs for thanksgiving, and lots of beer. The following few days I was shedding at least 3x as much as I normally do, most evident when washing my hair - my hands were covered in it. Now that I’m back on my normal healthy diet I seem to be shedding noticeably less. Not to get off topic but I think all the inflammation from a shitty diet can play into this. This seems to always happen after a weekend of drinking beer and eating bad. At first I thought it was a coincidence but it’s happened so often that I almost can’t deny it anymore. Maybe something you all should keep on eye on.
You took the words out of my mouth.. i ate crap last weekend and washed my hair last night and i shed a lot.. We need a food protocol to stick to. And find out which is the least damaging to eat at the weekend, Dominos pizza with fizzy drinks etc is the worst, high carb and bad fat.. insulin through the roof has to be one reason.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You took the words out of my mouth.. i ate crap last weekend and washed my hair last night and i shed a lot.. We need a food protocol to stick to. And find out which is the least damaging to eat at the weekend, Dominos pizza with fizzy drinks etc is the worst, high carb and bad fat.. insulin through the roof has to be one reason.
Definitely, a healthy diet should be considered as part of a regimen. It's like trying to build muscle while eating crap. Yeah, you're exercising, but you can't out-train a bad diet.
This is similar.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
a lot of guys here suffer from shedding it seems. I assume people are referring to excessive hair fall. I have been balding for 15 years but stopped shedding 14 years ago. my hair just miniaturises which is equally devastating.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score

It doesn't work like that. for healthy/unhealthy nutrition it takes months for something that small as hair to take effect. Just because you went drinking one night didn't cause your hair shed the next morning. It takes dedication either good or bad to have real impact on your hair.

My guess is people here are self diagnosing male pattern baldness a little too early, especially if someone is <20 years of age. If you want to conduct this community trial properly, everyone involved should rule out other common reasons for baldness. Thyroid dysfunction, weak nutrition, anemia is just a simple blood test.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
GREAT!

Today I got the message that my package is to be destroyed by customs, even though I was only notified yesterday.

They sent it from Hongkong, any idea where I can order it from a European warehouse?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A bit off-topic question but I think I remember my scalp got less “shiny” when I wounded in the past (dermaroller) but I’m not totally sure as this was rather secondary. Would someone say here that scalp looks less shiny i.e. healthier somehow after wounds heal?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A bit off-topic question but I think I remember my scalp got less “shiny” when I wounded in the past (dermaroller) but I’m not totally sure as this was rather secondary. Would someone say here that scalp looks less shiny i.e. healthier somehow after wounds heal?
This is definitely the case. Several people have reported less greasy skin after needling.