Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair loss is more advanced on my right temple. Maybe it's the same for you and that's why?

Great idea. I'd do the same, but I'm probably too broke to afford it.

it's bonus income for beauty salons, hopefully you'd get a deal for 12months etc

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t dude I was going to try this on my face now I'm not sure
It’s fine for your face. That’s what it was used for before hairloss. That’s what the derminator etc was deigned to do. We are actually using it off label.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
No way! I order a lot of stuff to the UK that could be stopped, but I've never had an issue.

Where are you based? Maybe order the Derminator if you are not too bothered about the cost.

Germany. I ordered dr pen, should be alright.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe because of this very isolated case, non CE certified dermapen and dermaroller found by customs are thrown to the garbage...
View attachment 105481

I don't know if this picture is true, but anyone using needles should at least use alcohol to clean them.
Her new scareface look is due to the filler i m very sure. It looks like an acid accident and even if you share a dermaroller with a bunch of junkies you will not end up like this. (But sharing a dermastamp with a junky is still not advised)

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dermaroll for nearly 2 years I never had any issues.. and I go 1,5mm... Some here have been using this for 5years and more...
like said above, hygienne is key. But I will also add you have to let the skin recovers. Min 7days.
If you really fear the use you can go to a dermatologist, esthetician... you will find some who use far more advanced devices than us: such as fractional radiofrequency microneedling which is a bonus because its too expensive to buy but you will find some who offer just dermastamp sessions but since you can do it yourself.....

What kind of results have you had?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my first derminator session today. I would say it's uncomfortable but not to a dramatic extent if that makes sense. Certainly less uncomfortable than using a manual roller. Not sure if I'm convinced that I should have spent 200 bucks on it but I suppose it's a one time purchase and time will tell. Pictures taken from a phone so sorry for not having the best quality.

I use minoxidil once daily and I take around .75-1mg finasteride (I use a cutter and I'm not too precise on it). I also bought nizoral otc 1%, how often do people use that?

Thanks for the pics and it’s great to hear it’s less uncomfortable than dermaroller - it was mainly the reason I bought it (and less tearing). I’ll know tomorrow anyway.

About Nizoral my dermatologist said no more than 3x per week, he recommended once every 2-3 days. I think it’s reasonable. Just leave it a few mins in your scalp and then shower it away.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we be 100% sure that indeed needling with a very small needle ("minimum tearing") is better than the tearing with a manual roller?
Maybe there should be some tearing in order to have bigger/better effect?

I'ts probably not true(?), but can we be sure?
The indian study was done using rollers...

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we be 100% sure that indeed needling with a very small needle ("minimum tearing") is better than the tearing with a manual roller?
Maybe there should be some tearing in order to have bigger/better effect?

I'ts probably not true(?), but can we be sure?
The indian study was done using rollers...

You bring a valid point but I think nobody said it yields better results than roller, mainly because very few people tested Derminator on scalp. For me it’s important that it causes less discomfort (because otherwise I can’t stick with it, and I can wound even more with this) and that it reduces the possibility of leaving ugly marks (I didn’t get any with dermaroller I believe, but risk is of course there, albeit maybe overstated).

There’s a chance that tearing plays an important role, why not. It’d be a positive thing after all because people wouldn’t need to spend money on somehow expensive devices... and I’m saying this after buying it. If after some months we find out tearing is “good” I’d also be happy. Let’s find out!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I will post some pics on Saturday of my situation after dermastamping for my second time with dr.pen ultima a6, i have decided to add topical minoxidil once at night even though im already taking 10mg oral minoxidil for 3 months now.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Im on my 4th week, something happening or just illusion? Plz zoom in on picture
Im doing only dermapen once a week and scalp massage

Attachments

• 20181129_181527.jpg
    20181129_181527.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 855

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did my first derminator session today. I would say it's uncomfortable but not to a dramatic extent if that makes sense. Certainly less uncomfortable than using a manual roller. Not sure if I'm convinced that I should have spent 200 bucks on it but I suppose it's a one time purchase and time will tell. Pictures taken from a phone so sorry for not having the best quality.

I use minoxidil once daily and I take around .75-1mg finasteride (I use a cutter and I'm not too precise on it). I also bought nizoral otc 1%, how often do people use that?

Looks good. I've used the 9 & 12 needle so far. I like the 12 more as I use the medium speed and get the job done quickly. Always at a depth of 1.5 mm. Make sure not to use nizoral for several days after you use your derminator.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Xenforo (this website) compresses your photos way too much bro... we can't zoom in as much as we want. Could you send your photos on this website and share the link (it's not compressed) : https://cubeupload.com/ or this one if you don't want to register http://www.framapic.org (it's anonymous but in French, still very intuitive)

Plus, what is the before and what is the after ?

Thanks so much for sharing mate !
Will try! Thanks. The photo above is before and below is 4 weeks after. Nothing much. It just looks like something is happening but I could be totally wrong. Will se how it looks in 1 more month

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys! Im on my 4th week, something happening or just illusion? Plz zoom in on picture
Im doing only dermapen once a week and scalp massage
Something happening indeed! Saw them on my tablet and could see the difference.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only have a 86.9kb version of the photo. It's blurry and I can't see any detail. :confused:
I put max screen light and zoomed in and could see there're vellus hair coming. But yeah, the higher the quality of the pics, the better for everyone.
By the way; I'd advise against getting too obsessed with pictures. It's good to take 'em, of course, but every month might be a bit much. Do it at least every 3 months, gotta take it easy here.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For those of you who are doing it without minoxidil, just be prepared that it may take much longer to see results. I would at least add some oils and scalp massage to speed up the process.
It's very important to take this into consideration and can't stress it enough. Whether you're using Minoxidil or not, you gotta be patient, ESPECIALLY if you go without Minoxidil.
I don't expect to see significant results until I hit the year mark, and that's gonna be the time I'll post a before and after pic.

Last edited: