Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can I use the dermaroller after a hair transplant??
I personally wouldnt for atleast 5 months because your donor zone hairs need time to adjust to their new location. We are still not sure of the full implications of dermarolling. A hair transplant is a costly procedure, and I would err on the side of caution in this case.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ordered a derminator. Will be rolling once a week at 2mm on the scalp and 0.5mm over my face (targeting my black circles mainly). I'm somewhere between NW3A and NW4, to the point where I wet shave my head every other day. I'll take photos once a week when my hair is always at it's longest for progress but won't post until 6 months. No minoxidil/finasteride but occasional nizoral use.

I wish everyone good luck.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could you be more precise about what you did please, it would be helpful ? What was the frequency ? How long did you did that ? Lenght of the needles ? Did you use Minoxidil? Any result from this ?

You can look up my previous posts, they had pics as well. I was using dermaroller with 192 pins, I used Minoxidil for many years which only slowed down progression a bit. I got some results but nothing really surprising, but I blame myself for not being consistent and not handling pain. Derminator should make it easier. I don’t use Minoxidil nowadays and made me shed quite a bit when I stopped, but I could include it again if needed, but for now it’ll be derminator alone.

jared garnith

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can look up my previous posts, they had pics as well. I was using dermaroller with 192 pins, I used Minoxidil for many years which only slowed down progression a bit. I got some results but nothing really surprising, but I blame myself for not being consistent and not handling pain. Derminator should make it easier. I don’t use Minoxidil nowadays and made me shed quite a bit when I stopped, but I could include it again if needed, but for now it’ll be derminator alone.
are you maintaining with derminator alone? thanks

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same reason I stopped minoxidil, had a massive shed when I first stopped... Not fun!

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes me around 20-25 mins. I do horizontal vertical and diagonal on whole scalp. No idea how this can be done in 5-10 mins.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes me around 20-25 mins. I do horizontal vertical and diagonal on whole scalp. No idea how this can be done in 5-10 mins.

Only because my GF does it......so she can see exactly what areas are being done and makes sure its all red....doing it myself would definitely take longer.

I just finish it off along my hair line.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A short update on my experience with scalp massage as stand alone treatment since 2 weeks.

Of course nothing to see which is why i do not post any picture. But when i started the massaging i lost about 20 hair per massage (mostly hair that were shorter than my haircut and very thin aka miniaturized hair). After 2 weeks and in sum about 350 minutes of massaging i m loosing about 2-3 hair per massage.

Either the massages riped out all the weak hair and that is why i do not loose any of those anymore (my hairline is stil full of tiny hair) so this is quite unlikely. The other explaination is, the masage strengthen the scalp skin or the hair roots (which is quite fast after 2 weeks) will go one for one or two weeks with scalp massaging allone and will add then microneedling and trinov to the massages.

Another thing i started 3 weeks ago is excercising with my head below heart level.
2x a week 4 sets of benchpress with head below heart niveau with 100kg and 6 reps.
2x a week 4 sets of benchpress reversed grip with head below heart niveau with 80kg and 8 reps.
so in total 4 times a week a lot of blood is pumped into my head (directly after each set my head looks like a giant tomato) my thought on that is that this increases the blood flow and therefore delivers the needed nutritions to the hair follicle. Does anyone have an educated guess if that could help with hairloss. (If not i read it is good for your heart so i will go on with it i m just curious if i do my hair any good with that)

Can you tell me why did you start scalp massaging?
Anyone got results from this? Studies?
I wonder if I should do it... haven't heard much about it.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here use a 'derminator?' Does it have any real advantage over one of the pens? I can't seem to find a source for purchasing the Derminator online...

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here use a 'derminator?' Does it have any real advantage over one of the pens? I can't seem to find a source for purchasing the Derminator online...

I think there’s only one source which is the “official” one. I won’t post it but it’s very easy to find.

The advantage is less scarring and perhaps just faster to get it dibd, but objectively speaking you might not need it. I bought it because I’m overly cautious but I dermarolled with a cheap chinese roller in the past and had no scars whatsoever (a lot of pain though), so a dermapen isn’t going to kill you probably.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same reason I stopped minoxidil, had a massive shed when I first stopped... Not fun!
I
Only because my GF does it......so she can see exactly what areas are being done and makes sure its all red....doing it myself would definitely take longer.

I just finish it off along my hair line.
Hey, I've been applying copious amounts of minoxidil to my eyebrow, and leaving it on 24/7. Could that have an effect on my scalp hair now that I've cease using? My hair looks unusually thin, and I haven't shed.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think there’s only one source which is the “official” one. I won’t post it but it’s very easy to find.

The advantage is less scarring and perhaps just faster to get it dibd, but objectively speaking you might not need it. I bought it because I’m overly cautious but I dermarolled with a cheap chinese roller in the past and had no scars whatsoever (a lot of pain though), so a dermapen isn’t going to kill you probably.

I found this https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/D...inator 2/DERMINATOR 2 digi-needler (US plug)/
Did you get the Derminator 2? What's the difference between 1 & 2? Also - I remember reading that this device is several thousand $? It's £150 here.
Thank you.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this https://owndoc.shop/Dermaneedling/Derminator digital needling device/Derminator 2/DERMINATOR 2 digi-needler (US plug)/
Did you get the Derminator 2? What's the difference between 1 & 2? Also - I remember reading that this device is several thousand $? It's £150 here.
Thank you.

I don’t know if they sell the 1 anymore so yes. They explain what they’ve improved. I don’t know if it costed several thousand before but I’d think that’s not possible because almost nobody would’ve bought it except beauty salons. It’s already a bit expensive IMHO, but personally I couldn’t find anything comparable with that price. It’s just me though, you might want to try with dermapen first (like OP).

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

It’s more powerful and it’s supposed to wound with more precision avoiding micro tearing.

I certainly noticed a difference.

Think it’s only available at owndoc.com