Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new here thanks (or not...as I will now be far more obsessed :() to you. I was looking for new treatments and their date of release. I will certainly not wait till 2022 for some new crap that won't work. I already lost 6 long years literaly at home as this sh*t ruined my social life and my working life (I'm working at home for a minimal wage since 6 years now after 7 years of study at university and 2 masters degrees :(... I'm hiding myself under a rock as I can't handle the look of the others anymore). There's no week-end with good friends for me (I find it very normal now). I'm a Norwood 3/4 maybe now. Same pattern as Zidane (still a pretty thick frontline with only a 1 or 2cm recession, vertex is pretty dead and the middle of the scalp is dying as well...). I trick myself every single day with Toppik. I can't look at myself in the mirror without that sh*t on my head. It gives me the illusion that I still got hairs even though I know that my whole family noticed it. My bro' did a FUE in Turkey last month and my fear of being completely bald came back after he did it (I'm scared about doing it quite frankly; and I want to wait as I don't know if I will lose my frontline). I was reading the thread about some crap from Australia (let's hope it works) and then I found this thread... sounds miraculous even though I found a belgian thread yesterday with people doing it since june with poor results... only vellus after 4 months.

I have a few question before starting

1. Will it create fribrosis or inflammations (inflammations came when I started losing my hairs) on my scalp and possibly waste a future FUE ? A FUE surgeon told to a reddit member that it could create scars and completely destroy the result of a FUE.
2. In France I can get the Dr. Pen Ultima A6 for 79 euros or some chinese cheap things? What would you recommand ? I don't mind paying a lot if it only has a 20% chance to work.
3. It's the first time I try a treatment on my hair (side effects scared me and I didn't want to be more obsessed). Is it a problem to take minoxidil Gel instead of simple minoxidil?
4. Can I still put some Toppik crap on minoxidil gel ?
5. Will I shed a lot and be "balder" for the first 3 months ?

A question about what you are doing ?

What is your method to find out if it works ? Is there someone who will collect all the results and treat them ? I know for a fact that photos are inconsistent. You can take 10 of your head and on one you will look like a Norwood 1 and on the other you will look like a Norwood 4.5 depending on many factors (not only the light). I obsessed myself with photos years ago. To see any difference the change has to be VERY noticeable (like for our friend @74775446 from Reddit). Is there someone using Excel to document the regimen + link of the photos (before-after) + the satisfactory feeling of everybody doing it from -10 to +10. That satisfactory feeling is more important than anything else I think.

As for myself I will do a personal diary that I will update every week with photos (I won't watch the photos as it could obsess me... I will just take them with Google Photos, trying not to look at them, and forget about them). I tend to forget my previous condition with the Toppik sh*t. If it works, it will be noticeable and I will share the whole diary with you. If it doesn't, sorry but I won't publish it as it will be too painful for me to see this again and again (obsession can kill you).

Thanks for your answers in advance and thanks to @74775446 for the hope. ;)

PS: Check on Youtube, you will find women and men microneedling everything... even their hair.

PS2: Sorry for my English. French being French, I will make a lot of mistakes. :p
I had my surgeon tell me to dermaroll AFTER I had my FUE( after it had grown in) to help heal and break down the scar tissue. So, for what it’s worth.....

stillwaters

Reaction score
I've actually just begun to work on a survey/form. If anyone would like to work with me or suggest questions, feel free to msg me.

I have a background in survey methodology and data science, so if we can get enough sample, I'll visualize the data and possibly find the methods most associated with regrowth.

I would be more than happy to collect the results - the data would be very interesting.

1. I am not sure about this. It's not something I've noticed.

2. All pens come from China and do the same thing so don't worry about the price. Whatever you order will be the same as the Dr Pen, which also comes from China.

3. I use liquid but I'm sure foam/gel will still work. Liquid is probably easier to apply all over.

4. Once your hair is dry, I think it will be fine to apply it.

5. Everyone is different. I lost some hair in the first month but got very quick results after that.

Last edited:

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the information, really. Any information is worth it. Your surgeon knows more about our skins than us. Just bought my Dr Pen Ultima A6 and this kind of information makes me less nervous about using needles on my head. It's good to know that this technique won't impede a FUE.
I've had fue (dec 2018) and I started with the dr pen 2 weeks ago. ..no issues here.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
What the actual fak.

The people here (including myself) that are testing this following “the human” case studies.

If you’re not prepared to do 1.5mm weekly don’t waste our time with your posts on this thread.

That might sound harsh but the last thing we need are rogues claiming that this doesn’t work when they don’t follow the guidelines.

Start on page 1. Spend 30 mins. Read. Or please post somewhere else.
Just sharing my experience to add to everyone's knowledge... If it works, great, if not then I'll know better. The whole point is that there aren't any 0.5mm human studies, why not? It works in mice but wasn't tried in humans. The point of microneedling is to stimulate the wound healing pathways without wounding. If you wound, then if course those pathways are activated, but with wounding comes the risks of scarring/fibrosis, which will be detrimental to hair growth, and infection, also detrimental. I'm just starting out so I decided to change it up before I got too deep into it. Really happy to have found a community that is actively looking for ways to make it work and sharing their experiences for everyone to learn from.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing your dad's results in the future? I'd highly appreciate that as I'm gonna do needling without Minoxidil and I'm sure others would too.
Cool, I'm doing needling without Minoxidil too. On my second week now, noticed decreased shedding in the shower. Super interested in following your results.

serioushair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for helping us. I positive you're not a fraud and truly wants to help the world of hair loss. I'm doing dermapen every 7th day 2mm. I know it's hard for you to say but do you think it's enough time for the wounds to heal? Has anyone you know done microneedling without minoxidil? I am currently doing it and I'm afraid minoxidil is a big part of the procedure. How long would you go for only dermapen 2mm before you start minoxidil too?

Thanks in advance.
Just started microneedling without Minoxidil without 0.5mm daily or every other day. I get a slightly itchy / mild sunburn feeling which should be enough to stimulate the wound healing pathways and still allow for frequent microneedling. I'll post results and regimen as I get deeper into it.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels like I am shedding less too, but only some days. Thing is I workout a lot, so maybe that could also have an impact. Another thing I've noticed though is that I get very few hairs on my hand when I rub minoxidil or oils on my head nowadays.
I work out 6 times a week with heavy weights. I needed to stop for half a year. And now i go on working out 6 times a week. I did not see any impact on my hair regarding if i work out or not.

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
off topic but has anyone had a scalp biopsy to double check diagnosis is Androgenetic Alopecia?

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd add that you need good and consistent nutrition, especially enough protein intake, biotin and zinc. People seem to forget that hair must be build from something. To someone who is dermarolling weekly and eating fast food every day; do not complain about slow or insuffiecient growth.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pleased to hear it. This has all been a bit strange for me. I seriously panicked about my hairloss one evening and it didn't take me long at all to find that Indian study. I started copying it straight away and 3 months later I was delighted with my results. Other than trying minoxidil when I noticed I started receding when I was younger, this is all I've ever done to combat hairloss. I knew about finasteride but the risk of sides is just too high for me, and I'm the paranoid type who would convince myself I had sides from finasteride even if I didn't.

I can hardly take credit because I know guys have done this before with great success but it is nice to think that me posting my results might have helped a few people who hadn't seen any other guys' results.

The next few months will be interesting and I hope everyone is happy at the end of them.
I can imagine. Getting your hair back just like that and causing such an impact... Must be great but also weird, haha.
Even if this isn't new, you posting the results has made a difference. I am also looking forward to the next year. Who knew that stabbing yourself could bring this much joy?
I'd add that you need good and consistent nutrition, especially enough protein intake, biotin and zinc. People seem to forget that hair must be build from something. To someone who is dermarolling weekly and eating fast food every day; do not complain about slow or insuffiecient growth.
This is very, very important. Vitamin A, C, D, iron, omega 3... All of these are good for your hair. Adding them won't hurt. The opposite, in fact.
Carrot juice, oranges, spinach, nuts... Consider eating or drinking these frequently.
And about the Belgian trial, I've said this before but I'll repeat it as many times as necessary; it has taken up to a year for people to start seeing results. 3 months and even 6 months is too early to quit. Refrain from expecting results too fast or you'll be disappointed.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t have close-up before pictures... i could show how it looks now, but that doesnt tell a thing. It’s already a miracle for me that i maintained. I think that you shouldnt press to hard for maintenance and should go all the way for regrowt so tissues can regenerate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember you posted something saying that at some point you got lazy and stopped, and your hairline thinned a bit, then you resumed. Did you recovered what you lost in your hairline?

You also told us your crown is now restored. Do you feel the crown responds better and faster than the hairline? Most people say so for other treatments (finas and minoxidil) , so it would fee interesting to know if it's the same for needling.

Wergi

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are having trouble determining whether you are eating healthy or healthy enough, use calculators like Cronometer. Most people don't need to eat tons of supplements like candy.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the Tom Cruise film where he wakes up and goes to the mirror to pluck a hair from his scalp! Isn’t that along the same lines as regeneration? They were on to something! :D

Kitedude

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember you posted something saying that at some point you got lazy and stopped, and your hairline thinned a bit, then you resumed. Did you recovered what you lost in your hairline?

You also told us your crown is now restored. Do you feel the crown responds better and faster than the hairline? Most people say so for other treatments (finas and minoxidil) , so it would fee interesting to know if it's the same for needling.

Yes indeed, you are correct.
I stopped Rolling for a while and lost some ground on my temples.
I started Rolling a few months ago and i have babyhair, but i’m not yet where i was. I’m wounding every week for something like 2 or 3 months now 1.5mm.
And doing some light rolls between the weekly sessions 0.5mm

I thinkmy crown closed much faster... it’s still doing quite ok.
I made some pics today so i can compare it in a few months.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every Morning and evening 30g of protein powder. Every evening one spoon of Broccoli sprouts with pumpkin seed oil. Any suggestion for a natural biotin and zinc source i could add to my hair diet?