Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be the best one after the derminator I think? Works fine for me

Not sure if there is another pen besides the derminator that offers a higher speed than dr pen a6 and I believe the speed is important (to avoid microtearing i think)

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should be the best one after the derminator I think? Works fine for me

Not sure if there is another pen besides the derminator that offers a higher speed than dr pen a6 and I believe the speed is important (to avoid microtearing i think)
Cool, thanks.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, for the minoxidil users I would recommend that you use the liquid version with the spray top. I just started using the liquid a couple of months ago. Before that I was using the foam version for years, because people said it would dry quicker. But honestly, thinking back I am not sure if it's all that effective. If you use half a cap full (like they recommend) it's quite hard to cover all areas. Especially if you have long hair. It dries so quickly too and it's easy to miss some spots. Maybe that is why certain areas on my front look thinner. The liquid seems far superior and honestly it doesn't take long to dry. 30-40 mins perhaps.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By the way, for the minoxidil users I would recommend that you use the liquid version with the spray top. I just started using the liquid a couple of months ago. Before that I was using the foam version for years, because people said it would dry quicker. But honestly, thinking back I am not sure if it's all that effective. If you use half a cap full (like they recommend) it's quite hard to cover all areas. Especially if you have long hair. It dries so quickly too and it's easy to miss some spots. Maybe that is why certain areas on my front look thinner. The liquid seems far superior and honestly it doesn't take long to dry. 30-40 mins perhaps.

yeah, I switched to the liquid because the foam is too hard to apply unless you have a shaved head, I think most of it is wasted.

I drop my minoxdil into a small needle tip bottle and it goes directly onto the scalp.

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just rolled! :eek:
I had a 1.5mm Dr. Roller for other purpose so I just decided to use it on my scalp.
The roller is clean and sanitized alcohol.
On my scalp I didn't use anything, just made it wet and then rolled.
Tried to cover about 5 times horizontally, 5 times vertical, 5 times diagonally and 5 times the other diagonally.
I'm pretty sure it I didn't cover the entire scalp, maybe something like 80% since I did it on myself.
It does hurt but not something unbareable. You just have to use it without fear and even if there is pain you jsut take it and get used to it.
I'm not applying anything on it (at least this time).
I plan to roll every 4 weeks (depends on the recovery, could also be every 6 weeks).
Here is a pic of how it looks right now (sorry if the pic disturbs you, if needed I will delete it, just thought it could help).
Any input is appreciated. Wish me luck! :)
I would be interested in pics of the healing. How it will look after 24 and 48 hours.

Because i want to know when i will be suitable to go out to society after rolling again xD

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It feels like I am shedding less too, but only some days. Thing is I workout a lot, so maybe that could also have an impact. Another thing I've noticed though is that I get very few hairs on my hand when I rub minoxidil or oils on my head nowadays.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine all it took was to wound your own scalp. I’d love it, a big two fingers up to the likes of Merck and propecia. They’ve been peddling their filth for years, while making billions and erectile dysfunction.
Thank f*** I've steered clear of them. I am 100% certain of it now.
It has been hard at times, just watching this sh*t advance... Albeit slowly. Wondering if I should just go for them, if it was worth waiting, given how the hair loss industry works... Really, really tiring but, deep inside, I knew something better was in the way.
And just when I was at my worst, I came across this thread.
It has been a real mood lifter for me. Just doing something about it makes a difference.
I don't want to be too optimistic about results, better keep it real. But boy, am I f*****g glad I came to this forum.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be interested in pics of the healing. How it will look after 24 and 48 hours.

Because i want to know when i will be suitable to go out to society after rolling again xD

I'll try to take those.
Are you implying I'm not suitable to go out to society now? :D
I only have to leave the house in 48 hours and luckily I still have 7-8 hairs that can cover most of it when dry

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new here thanks (or not...as I will now be far more obsessed :() to you. I was looking for new treatments and their date of release. I will certainly not wait till 2022 for some new crap that won't work. I already lost 6 long years literaly at home as this sh*t ruined my social life and my working life (I'm working at home for a minimal wage since 6 years now after 7 years of study at university and 2 masters degrees :(... I'm hiding myself under a rock as I can't handle the look of the others anymore). There's no week-end with good friends for me (I find it very normal now). I'm a Norwood 3/4 maybe now. Same pattern as Zidane (still a pretty thick frontline with only a 1 or 2cm recession, vertex is pretty dead and the middle of the scalp is dying as well...). I trick myself every single day with Toppik. I can't look at myself in the mirror without that sh*t on my head. It gives me the illusion that I still got hairs even though I know that my whole family noticed it. My bro' did a FUE in Turkey last month and my fear of being completely bald came back after he did it (I'm scared about doing it quite frankly; and I want to wait as I don't know if I will lose my frontline). I was reading the thread about some crap from Australia (let's hope it works) and then I found this thread... sounds miraculous even though I found a belgian thread yesterday with people doing it since june with poor results... only vellus after 4 months.

I have a few question before starting

1. Will it create fribrosis or inflammations (inflammations came when I started losing my hairs) on my scalp and possibly waste a future FUE ? A FUE surgeon told to a reddit member that it could create scars and completely destroy the result of a FUE.
2. In France I can get the Dr. Pen Ultima A6 for 79 euros or some chinese cheap things? What would you recommand ? I don't mind paying a lot if it only has a 20% chance to work.
3. It's the first time I try a treatment on my hair (side effects scared me and I didn't want to be more obsessed). Is it a problem to take minoxidil Gel instead of simple minoxidil?
4. Can I still put some Toppik crap on minoxidil gel ?
5. Will I shed a lot and be "balder" for the first 3 months ?

A question about what you are doing ?

What is your method to find out if it works ? Is there someone who will collect all the results and treat them ? I know for a fact that photos are inconsistent. You can take 10 of your head and on one you will look like a Norwood 1 and on the other you will look like a Norwood 4.5 depending on many factors (not only the light). I obsessed myself with photos years ago. To see any difference the change has to be VERY noticeable (like for our friend @74775446 from Reddit). Is there someone using Excel to document the regimen + link of the photos (before-after) + the satisfactory feeling of everybody doing it from -10 to +10. That satisfactory feeling is more important than anything else I think.

As for myself I will do a personal diary that I will update every week with photos (I won't watch the photos as it could obsess me... I will just take them with Google Photos, trying not to look at them, and forget about them). I tend to forget my previous condition with the Toppik sh*t. If it works, it will be noticeable and I will share the whole diary with you. If it doesn't, sorry but I won't publish it as it will be too painful for me to see this again and again (obsession can kill you).

Thanks for your answers in advance and thanks to @74775446 for the hope. ;)

PS: Check on Youtube, you will find women and men microneedling everything... even their hair.

PS2: Sorry for my English. French being French, I will make a lot of mistakes. :p
HI bro, best of luck with the start of your microneedling journey. Didn't have a clue about a Belgian community trial. So they've been needling since June and most of them aren't getting results? I hope it's just a matter of time and they stick to it for a year at least. Can you give us more info regarding that thread?

Don't think so. He goes by the name of @Kitedude 'round here.
He was balding in his 20s. Balding patch on crown and receding hairline; now he's in his late 30s and has received compliments about his hair. That's what consistent rolling does.
Oh, and without using Minoxidil. Only rolling + scalp massages.
I totally forgot about Kite dude story. Yeah, apparently he is one of the two individuals here who has consistently wounded for years. Too bad Kitedude hasn't posted any pics. I'd love to see the state of his hair before and after. The other long term needler is @Somebody . He's regrow and kept his hair over the years. Nevertheless, although those two stories are great and encouraging, we need more. We need much more data to assess the success rates of this treatment in the long term. Although the aforementioned members and the reddit guy (can't remember the numbers of his username) have given me tons of hope, I'm still somewhat scared about the "failure" stories that we sometimes see here and there, such as the Belgian thread the French guy just mentioned. The failure stories could be that simply they didn't stick to the regime for long enough, or in the worst case, there is a considerable percentage of non-responders. I hope it is the former. We will see in November of 2019 if we are actually getting something.
Let's remain positive and consistent, my friends.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I'm new here thanks (or not...as I will now be far more obsessed :() to you. I was looking for new treatments and their date of release. I will certainly not wait till 2022 for some new crap that won't work. I already lost 6 long years literaly at home as this sh*t ruined my social life and my working life (I'm working at home for a minimal wage since 6 years now after 7 years of study at university and 2 masters degrees :(... I'm hiding myself under a rock as I can't handle the look of the others anymore). There's no week-end with good friends for me (I find it very normal now). I'm a Norwood 3/4 maybe now. Same pattern as Zidane (still a pretty thick frontline with only a 1 or 2cm recession, vertex is pretty dead and the middle of the scalp is dying as well...). I trick myself every single day with Toppik. I can't look at myself in the mirror without that sh*t on my head. It gives me the illusion that I still got hairs even though I know that my whole family noticed it. My bro' did a FUE in Turkey last month and my fear of being completely bald came back after he did it (I'm scared about doing it quite frankly; and I want to wait as I don't know if I will lose my frontline). I was reading the thread about some crap from Australia (let's hope it works) and then I found this thread... sounds miraculous even though I found a belgian thread yesterday with people doing it since june with poor results... only vellus after 4 months.

I have a few question before starting

1. Will it create fribrosis or inflammations (inflammations came when I started losing my hairs) on my scalp and possibly waste a future FUE ? A FUE surgeon told to a reddit member that it could create scars and completely destroy the result of a FUE.
2. In France I can get the Dr. Pen Ultima A6 for 79 euros or some chinese cheap things? What would you recommand ? I don't mind paying a lot if it only has a 20% chance to work.
3. It's the first time I try a treatment on my hair (side effects scared me and I didn't want to be more obsessed). Is it a problem to take minoxidil Gel instead of simple minoxidil?
4. Can I still put some Toppik crap on minoxidil gel ?
5. Will I shed a lot and be "balder" for the first 3 months ?

A question about what you are doing ?

What is your method to find out if it works ? Is there someone who will collect all the results and treat them ? I know for a fact that photos are inconsistent. You can take 10 of your head and on one you will look like a Norwood 1 and on the other you will look like a Norwood 4.5 depending on many factors (not only the light). I obsessed myself with photos years ago. To see any difference the change has to be VERY noticeable (like for our friend @74775446 from Reddit). Is there someone using Excel to document the regimen + link of the photos (before-after) + the satisfactory feeling of everybody doing it from -10 to +10. That satisfactory feeling is more important than anything else I think.

As for myself I will do a personal diary that I will update every week with photos (I won't watch the photos as it could obsess me... I will just take them with Google Photos, trying not to look at them, and forget about them). I tend to forget my previous condition with the Toppik sh*t. If it works, it will be noticeable and I will share the whole diary with you. If it doesn't, sorry but I won't publish it as it will be too painful for me to see this again and again (obsession can kill you).

Thanks for your answers in advance and thanks to @74775446 for the hope. ;)

PS: Check on Youtube, you will find women and men microneedling everything... even their hair.

PS2: Sorry for my English. French being French, I will make a lot of mistakes. :p

Vellus after 4 months would be amazing. I started rosemary oil and will start needling as soon as I set up a working sterilisation and scalp hygiene routine - but I am not expecting to see anything until early summer

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wishing you good luck as well guy. Thanks for the positivity !

For the belgian guys, you can start from here, it's all in English and they are 3 or 4. There was one optimistic guy at the beginning, but the admin wanted to show that it was all a scam: If you search on the forum, you will find that in november the admin said on another topic that he has many vellus but he can't see them at light... so he will stop because he has 1000 grafts remaining and wants to butcher the crown with his surgeon.

His conclusion after 3 months:

"OK, I think it's time to settle this once and for all for anyone who still had doubts about it since the first Indian dermarolling study came out in 2013.

Dermarolling for hair loss basically doesn't do sh*t. I've been rolling with a 1.5mm dermaroller consistently once a week for more than 3 months and there is basically no change, no significant cosmetic change anyway, it makes vellus hair sprout to the point that you'd swear that something is happening, but they never turn terminal.

Now I remember was I was so vehemently against the hope that dermarolling was giving hair loss newbies in 2013. I got demonized for it and some people still mentioned it after my ban in 2018. This discussion has somehow resumed in this thread with some members wanting to believe and others saying it was a scam.

I'm kind of relieved that it didn't do anything because I can finally be sure that I didn't miss on anything that could have helped my hair loss in the past, anything that wasn't hormonal since as most of you know, I already had to undergo surgery to fix a drug-induced (not from finasteride) gynecomastia.

Something I've noticed and that is not specific to dermarolling in the world of hair loss is that people who start it all over the place never come back to tell us that it did jack sh*t for them. And all you've left with are that handful of shady cases where the guy was also taking finasteride and drinking gallons of minoxidil. And the fact that Somebody and a couple of other people are the only ones benefiting from this treatment is not normal. Some of them if not all of them tricked the general public, had a hair transplant and then tried to make money starting a BS hair loss YouTube channel.

I guess @That Guy never had any visible results with his dermarolling experiment either otherwise he'd be telling us here. So yeah, I'd just say, don't bother. As shookwun said on HairlossTalk, they tricked us with different angles, lightning and hair lengths in the studies. Hope really is a dangerous thing when it comes to male pattern baldness, I knew something was up based on the lack of before/after on the whole internet while it's now been 5 years that dermarolling sort of went mainstream in the hair loss community.

I'm glad I gave it a try, and I really hope that more and more people who try it get the word out
."

ONLY 3 MONTHS !!! And he has vellus and some 1cm hairs growing... He calls it a scam. You can feel that the guy didn't want to believe it at all. 3 months is only the beginning...

You are totally right. If that guy is saying all that after only 3 months.... Even when he got vellus hairs, it means he's definitely full idiot.

I said it before and I'll say it again to all of you guys. I suggest you not to expect early results! Wait for a full year. I still keep seeing guys with a “can't wait to see my hair in 3-4 months!" attitude. Please dont. Some other dudes who had regained full a full norwood have claimed the process was EXTREMELY slow, and at the start they only saw pitiful vellus hairs but kept going nevertheless.
Our worst enemy in this particular context is impatience. Sadly, it has won other battles by making lots of users to quit prematurely just because they were expecting to grow Mufasa's mane in months.

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Seems like microneedling every 10/14 days is not a problem at all. It might even be better. As for those who are doing it every two days... seems like they are overdoing it.

View attachment 105255
Source: baldtruthtaIk / posted by @hellouser (don't know if it's the same as the one on here...).

I do every two weeks. Sometimes I miss a week, I just did it last night after missing last weekend.