Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just started using minoxidil (foam) because dermaneedling alone did jack sh*t for my hair as I'm at my lowest point ever (full on diffusing in NW6 pattern), but am struggling with application.

How long do people leave it in for before applying styling products? I usually let it dry for about 30 mins and then blast my scalp with volumising spray and a hair dryer and then concealers.

You really don't need to use it twice a day imo, once at night before bed is sufficient.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Stemoxydine is a growth stimulator that increases the oxygen supply. Estriol is the weakest form of estrogen.

You're totally wrong. Oxygen is BAD for hair. Stemoxydine act as an hypoxia mimetic ( It mimics a poor oxygen environnment) through HIF1.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow!

Just used a dermapen for the first time, before I used a roller, which hurt like hell. So, I couldn't stick to it. I did it once a week for a couple of months, then I did it once every 2 weeks, slowly I kept missing more and more sessions.

Then I decided to give it another go and see if a pen would hurt less.

The difference is night and day. I rolled with 1.5mm, so I set the pen at 1,5 mm at the slowest setting. I treated my whole scalp and thought, why not take it a step further?

So after that I set it on 2mm at the fastest setting. I kind of hurts, but nothing like the roller.

So, for people struggling with pain, please do yourself a favor and try a pen. In fact the difference in pain is so huge, that I was wondering if I'm doing it right. But the redness is there, as well as a little blood, so I guess that's enough wounding.

Hopefully this will do something for me the second time around, as I'm able to stick to it long term!

I ordered a cheap pen for the people that are wondering, only cost me 40 euros and that's including extra needles.

Hardekz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 29, I started balding on the vertex for a few years. I started microneedling with a pen 6 months ago : 1,75mm once a week. I also use a shampoo with zinc pyrithione every night (good for hair growth) and a shampoo with Fibra-cyclane every morning (good for volume and density).

My results, I don’t lose hairs anymore and no more itching ! My scalp feels a lot healthier now. I was always losing a few hairs during shampoo (10-50) and now barely 1-5. I don’t know if my hair are growing back or not. It feels better though.

I am wondering if I need to add minoxidil to my routine, I am really scared about this product for bad effects, and also scared for doing a liftime treatment... is it really necessary ? Thanks.

kirklandism

Reaction score
an interesting hypothesis proposed on a popular hairloss reddit sub about microneedling's success coming from picking up stem cells from healthy follicles and depositing them into thinning follicles. if you're microneedling, move the roller/pen into the terminal follicles first and then into the thinning areas. could explain why diffuse thinning areas seem to respond best.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow!

Just used a dermapen for the first time, before I used a roller, which hurt like hell. So, I couldn't stick to it. I did it once a week for a couple of months, then I did it once every 2 weeks, slowly I kept missing more and more sessions.

Then I decided to give it another go and see if a pen would hurt less.

The difference is night and day. I rolled with 1.5mm, so I set the pen at 1,5 mm at the slowest setting. I treated my whole scalp and thought, why not take it a step further?

So after that I set it on 2mm at the fastest setting. I kind of hurts, but nothing like the roller.

So, for people struggling with pain, please do yourself a favor and try a pen. In fact the difference in pain is so huge, that I was wondering if I'm doing it right. But the redness is there, as well as a little blood, so I guess that's enough wounding.

Hopefully this will do something for me the second time around, as I'm able to stick to it long term!

I ordered a cheap pen for the people that are wondering, only cost me 40 euros and that's including extra needles.

Same with me, I used a 1mm derma roller years ago and it was a bit painful and I lacked enthusiasm using it and session, but once I bought the dr pen back in May it has been worthwhile using it and I’m more consistent with it since I am seeing actual new growth results.

Stick to it and hope to see you post progress photos!

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am 29, I started balding on the vertex for a few years. I started microneedling with a pen 6 months ago : 1,75mm once a week. I also use a shampoo with zinc pyrithione every night (good for hair growth) and a shampoo with Fibra-cyclane every morning (good for volume and density).

My results, I don’t lose hairs anymore and no more itching ! My scalp feels a lot healthier now. I was always losing a few hairs during shampoo (10-50) and now barely 1-5. I don’t know if my hair are growing back or not. It feels better though.

I am wondering if I need to add minoxidil to my routine, I am really scared about this product for bad effects, and also scared for doing a liftime treatment... is it really necessary ? Thanks.

To get visible new hair growth I would say using minoxidil at least once a day is essential, I think it helps kick the wounding cells to form new hairs and revive dormant ones imo. Give it a try 1x a night see if you suffer any sides and wait 24 hours after a microneedling session before applying minoxidil to further lesson any possible sides you may feel.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
an interesting hypothesis proposed on a popular hairloss reddit sub about microneedling's success coming from picking up stem cells from healthy follicles and depositing them into thinning follicles. if you're microneedling, move the roller/pen into the terminal follicles first and then into the thinning areas. could explain why diffuse thinning areas seem to respond best.

I actually think this to be the case as well.....and I noticed looking through a usb microscope I purchased that new fine hairs were sprouting and growing from a strong termina hair follicle ...making a 1 hair follicle into 2 or 3 helping density improve especially in my crown.

PRM

Reaction score
Hello guys.

I was going to buy the Dr. Pen última A6 Dermapen then i found this blog suggesting that It is not the ideal option for hair loss.

https://totalglam.co.uk/best-microneedling-pen-reviews/

Does It make sense? At the comment's session he talks about the Koi Beauty Dermapen as a better alternative. But he doesn't explain why the Dr. Pen is not the best choice for hair loss.

Any comments? Thanks!

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I was going to buy the Dr. Pen última A6 Dermapen then i found this blog suggesting that It is not the ideal option for hair loss.

https://totalglam.co.uk/best-microneedling-pen-reviews/

Does It make sense? At the comment's session he talks about the Koi Beauty Dermapen as a better alternative. But he doesn't explain why the Dr. Pen is not the best choice for hair loss.

Any comments? Thanks!

A6 is an excellent choice, affordable and works well. I used to roll then bought the A6 and are just so happy. Especially getting growth. Gonna use this for the next 5 years

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone posted this result on r/tressless subreddit.
finasteride + Min + 1.5mm Dermarolling for almost 10 months.

4BCmhcH

Attachments

• 2Gets3x_d.jpg
    2Gets3x_d.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1,225

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score

4BCmhcH

Geez, Sometimes I'm doubting these results from these photos. Some results are just too unbelievable. I also been doing minoxidil + dermarolling (1.5mm/2weeks) since mid-January (about 9 months) and my results are not close to these photos. I gotten some hair regrowth but the hairs are still very thin and fine.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

4BCmhcH

Wow! If these are genuine results then just wow!

Although, it would be great to see the results in similar bright lighting as in the before photo for a much more accurate comparison.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez, Sometimes I'm doubting these results from these photos. Some results are just too unbelievable. I also been doing minoxidil + dermarolling (1.5mm/2weeks) since mid-January (about 9 months) and my results are not close to these photos. I gotten some hair regrowth but the hairs are still very thin and fine.

From reading the post on Reddit the poster applies minoxidil foam right after he dermarolls, I wait about 30 minuets to an hour after microneedling to apply my minoxidil foam and have been getting really good results in just 3 months.

Are you applying minoxidil right after or waiting 24-hours?

Maxx79

My Regimen
Reaction score
From reading the post on Reddit the poster applies minoxidil foam right after he dermarolls, I wait about 30 minuets to an hour after microneedling to apply my minoxidil foam and have been getting really good results in just 3 months.

Are you applying minoxidil right after or waiting 24-hours?

This is how I do it as well, I apply minoxidil foam straight after microneedling. It's been about 1 month since I started and I'm definitely seeing some regrowth, but nothing cosmetically significant yet

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is how I do it as well, I apply minoxidil foam straight after microneedling. It's been about 1 month since I started and I'm definitely seeing some regrowth, but nothing cosmetically significant yet

Nice! Yeah 1st month the follicles are just beginning to form or reawaken.

Take plenty of different angle photos of your progress and in similar lighting.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyway to quit minoxidil after regrowing slick bald temples and maintain results? I am still a long way off at the moment will post pictures after hairs grow out more damn crappy camera for not picking up regrowth I am seeing results slowly. Besides microneedling and minoxidil I take biotin 10mg 4 times a day and that has maintained my hair since I had mid frontal scalp thinning about 3 years ago. I only have slight hairline recession only. I do not know if I should also get on finasteride if that will be enough to maintain minoxidil gains. Does slowly lowering dosage of minoxidil over time before quitting altogether make a difference on maintaining your gains after stopping minoxidil if your on other treatments?

PRM

Reaction score
A6 is an excellent choice, affordable and works well. I used to roll then bought the A6 and are just so happy. Especially getting growth. Gonna use this for the next 5 years

Thanks for the answer, Jay.

What about the Dr. Pen Ultima M5? Does anybody here at HairLossTalk.com uses It?