Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

supermusic

Established Member
Reaction score
Geez, Sometimes I'm doubting these results from these photos. Some results are just too unbelievable. I also been doing minoxidil + dermarolling (1.5mm/2weeks) since mid-January (about 9 months) and my results are not close to these photos. I gotten some hair regrowth but the hairs are still very thin and fine.
Do you take finasteride?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Important Update - After going on and off weekly 2mm hard rolling I can confidently confirm that the hard rolling indeed was causing debilitating headaches as well as sharp pain in the muscles of my right eye socket.

I had stopped 2mm hard rolling for about a month and did not experience any symptoms mentioned above. As soon as I started hard rolling again, I immediately started experiencing pain from next day onwards.

So, I will be dropping weekly 2mm rolling and only doing 1mm daily mild rolling from now on since mild rolling doesn't cause any issues for me.

Disclaimer - I am not trying to scare anyone off. Just want to share my experience honestly with everyone so that they can take wiser decisions in case they experience issues.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
When? Havent heard from this for a long time

They had a press release over a week ago and everything is going as planned with 2nd trial. It seems like it will be release in a year or two is my guess. Just can't wait because I get sides with minoxidil, so when it is released I will go crazy with it. Lol

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anyway to quit minoxidil after regrowing slick bald temples and maintain results? I am still a long way off at the moment will post pictures after hairs grow out more damn crappy camera for not picking up regrowth I am seeing results slowly. Besides microneedling and minoxidil I take biotin 10mg 4 times a day and that has maintained my hair since I had mid frontal scalp thinning about 3 years ago. I only have slight hairline recession only. I do not know if I should also get on finasteride if that will be enough to maintain minoxidil gains. Does slowly lowering dosage of minoxidil over time before quitting altogether make a difference on maintaining your gains after stopping minoxidil if your on other treatments?

I don't think we know yet to be honest. I think thats a big question with rolling. Can we keep compounding on results. Do we need to continue to use minoxidil indefinitely? Is there a possibility of using it less? Maybe once per day? Can needling maintain gains. Alot of unknowns still.

Important Update - After going on and off weekly 2mm hard rolling I can confidently confirm that the hard rolling indeed was causing debilitating headaches as well as sharp pain in the muscles of my right eye socket.

I had stopped 2mm hard rolling for about a month and did not experience any symptoms mentioned above. As soon as I started hard rolling again, I immediately started experiencing pain from next day onwards.

So, I will be dropping weekly 2mm rolling and only doing 1mm daily mild rolling from now on since mild rolling doesn't cause any issues for me.

Disclaimer - I am not trying to scare anyone off. Just want to share my experience honestly with everyone so that they can take wiser decisions in case they experience issues.

I roll hard as well, and go over the same spots with my DR pen alot when i do my sessions. I only do them like every 2-3 weeks now however. I def think if you do intense sessions once a week is too much. Gotta give body time to heal. Still i think its best if you go with what is working. Thats what i like about rolling, there are different methods that seem to work.

irao33

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thanks for this topic, it gave me a lot of motivation to do something without having to resort to meds.

Today I did my first needling session (I bought the derminator 2) at 1.25mm depth, I might go to 1.5mm depth next time and I intend to do a needling session once per 2 weeks but perhaps even once a week depending on how I recover. My scalp was pretty red just after the session but that has gone away already after a few hours, my scalp does still feel quite soar though.

I am not using minoxidil so I am very curious to see if I will get any results in say 6 months time. I am using biotin supplements, regenepure shampoo (with ketoconozal 1%) 3 times a week, every night a presumably snake oil topical (called numinox) which I got as a present (here take this as a gift because you are bald, haha!) and I have bought the growband from hairIossrevolution. To be honest, I feel like a retard wearing the thing and am very skeptical of its use but I will give it a try, I intend to use it everyday before bed time for say 20 mins.

If after 6 months no progress has been made at all I might add in minoxidil but I really rather don't, I know that a lot of the users here have seen results in combination with minoxidil. Since last month I have started taking photos almost every 2 weeks so in case I make progress I might upload them. Just felt like posting this because this topic caused me to start needling.
By chance, are you still using the Growband? Did you get any results or any initial sides like shedding or increased sebum/oil?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think we know yet to be honest. I think thats a big question with rolling. Can we keep compounding on results. Do we need to continue to use minoxidil indefinitely? Is there a possibility of using it less? Maybe once per day? Can needling maintain gains. Alot of unknowns still.

I roll hard as well, and go over the same spots with my DR pen alot when i do my sessions. I only do them like every 2-3 weeks now however. I def think if you do intense sessions once a week is too much. Gotta give body time to heal. Still i think its best if you go with what is working. Thats what i like about rolling, there are different methods that seem to work.

I highly doubt the gains made by minoxidil and dermarolling can be maintaned with dermarolling alone, as for how often and what depth etc i recently just moved from 1.5mm to 2.5mm roller, i roll just enough to cause redness and some blood spots, i do this every day. I switched from the dr pen to a roller because the pen was pulling out big chunks of my hair when using on wet hair, put me off using it after a while, with the roller i don't have this problem. I was concerned that those hairs that were constantly being tugged out would never grow back.

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how well sandalore binds with minoxidil. I've been slowly tapering off sandalore over the last couple of months to completely not adding it to minoxidil liquid anymore ready to go on to min foam. My results halted as I was tapering off and nearly lost everything when going on foam.

Attachments

• Collage 2019-10-07 14_14_16.jpg
    Collage 2019-10-07 14_14_16.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 878

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@ToLGuy
Hey man, any updates? Its been since july you posted your first progress pictures for everyday needling

Jochem

My Regimen
Reaction score
By chance, are you still using the Growband? Did you get any results or any initial sides like shedding or increased sebum/oil?
Nope, I think I stuck with it for 2-3 months but found it too much of a hassle to continue doing it considering the complete lack of evidence of it working at all. We were put in a facebook group with others who bought the growband, all the messages there suggested no one was getting results. Stupid me.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is liquid really much more effective than foam? i find foam easier to apply so i have stuck with that, plus my crown is a diffuse mess with a bald spot so it would be hard to cover with 1 or even 2ml of liquid really.

Last edited:

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any new regrowth on hairline?
Don't have recent pics done but I will take some and post soon.
Was going to wait til December (my 18th month mark) and do a bunch of progress update shots.

The hairline hair that I've regrown is capable of growing quite long. I started experiencing a shed a month or two ago near the crown, but hairline has held up well and the shed is recovering. So as of today my hair is as strong as its been since starting roughly 16 months ago. That being said I haven't seen much more coverage fill in from what was there 4 months ago. The hairs are longer, though.

centurie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm amazed at how well sandalore binds with minoxidil. I've been slowly tapering off sandalore over the last couple of months to completely not adding it to minoxidil liquid anymore ready to go on to min foam. My results halted as I was tapering off and nearly lost everything when going on foam.

Could be down to a minoxidil shed cycle.

PRM

Reaction score
Please, does anybody here use the Dr. Pen Ultima M5? Would you recommend this device?

According to the posts at this forum, which is the favorite device?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update. I think month 9. Hairline has recovered really well. I still recedes abit but looks more like mature hairline now. Also my hair has never looked so healthy

Attachments

• 20191008_152928.jpg
    20191008_152928.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,044
  • 20191008_152913.jpg
    20191008_152913.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,041

orphanfunkhouser

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update. I think month 9. Hairline has recovered really well. I still recedes abit but looks more like mature hairline now. Also my hair has never looked so healthy
great results, so do you think sandalore helped at all? or was it mostly the minoxidil