Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

PRM

Reaction score
Hairline update. I think month 9. Hairline has recovered really well. I still recedes abit but looks more like mature hairline now. Also my hair has never looked so healthy

Very good results, congratulations!

Could you please let me know which device have you been using? Thanks!

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys what you think 1mm dermaroller using daily?
Just be careful depending on how long you roll each time tried Chens regimen but with a 3MM roller 2 times a day for 2 or 3 days but had excessive skin peeling and had significant spots of hypopigmentation that took several days to recover adding moisterizer prevented the problem from reoccurring when following chens regimen. Not trying to scare you just experiment and find what works for you.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairline update. I think month 9. Hairline has recovered really well. I still recedes abit but looks more like mature hairline now. Also my hair has never looked so healthy

Wow! Fantastic progress! You’ve reversed your hair miniaturization, congrats and keep at it!

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To James Dunn
Could you say your complete regimen?
Is it 1.5 dermaroller once a week with minor twice a day?
Thx your regimen says minoxidil once once a day can I ask the brand of minoxidil?
And has it been once a day all nine months?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To James Dunn
Could you say your complete regimen?
Is it 1.5 dermaroller once a week with minor twice a day?
Thx your regimen says minoxidil once once a day can I ask the brand of minoxidil?
And has it been once a day all nine months?
Yes 1.5mm once a week. Roll till I see some blood. Minoxidil once before bed. Brand Kirkland. Yes always once a week but have given it 2-3 weeks rest sometimes just for the scalp to heal properly

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can anybody here extrapolate this to humans?

We found that the optimal length and cycle of microneedle treatment on hair growth was 0.25 mm/10 cycles and 0.5 mm/10 cycles. Repeated microneedle stimulation promoted hair growth, and it also induced the enhanced expression of Wnt3a, β-catenin, VEGF, and Wnt10b.

On a shaven mouse skin 0.5 is quite something compared to human skin. What if follica do want to wound us at 5mm length?

If you're after extrapolation of results mouse models are never any good, but yes human skin is ~10 times thicker than mouse skin.

If follica do want to wound at 5mm they will be reaching hair follicle territory, so it'd make sense to apply whatever compound they believe will result in altering the wound healing response to favour HF formation rather than skin at that depth right?

vika

Reaction score
If im not mistaken people have been dermarolling for allmost a year or more in this thread. Did anyone came to an early conclusion how good this works and what seems to be the best way to do it? (Depth/frequency/regimen)
I understand its a bit early but im just interested in what people think so far.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If im not mistaken people have been dermarolling for allmost a year or more in this thread. Did anyone came to an early conclusion how good this works and what seems to be the best way to do it? (Depth/frequency/regimen)
I understand its a bit early but im just interested in what people think so far.

It works very well. I don't think we can know the best protocol until we get the results of Follica's optimization study, and see what they found works best.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Technique is more important than needle length. Using a pen, you SHOULD NOT be dragging the device in lines like mowing a lawn. Instead, hold it like a pen, and push down in a stamping like motion in 2 lengths and 2 widths of the entire scalp. This prevents tearing from dragging the device

vika

Reaction score
It works very well. I don't think we can know the best protocol until we get the results of Follica's optimization study, and see what they found works best.

I hope that information is released soon enough. Im a bit afraid someone will go too far with depth,frequency or both and end up with damaged skin.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
Yep im one of those originals who started in November. Can confirm it made zero difference, not good or bad. All it did was make my wallet lighter, cost be 10 mins a week and needless pain. The evidence from people who have been on finasteride and minoxidil for AT LEAST 2 years and the ONLY thing they changed is began rolling with decent results are almost non existent.
I'm booked in for transplant, quite lucky as only my crown and temples are bad (no crown bald spot, just thinner) but my midscalp is very thick, so 4000 grafts will sort me out just fine, 1000 on the crown, the rest at the front