Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

h14r_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, this is why I hesistate.

I´ll try it on a small spot, on my norwood 6.5 skalp, to see what happens.
If it`s not working I wasted only a few seconds a week, instead of 20 minutes,
and risked a small scar, infection and hyperpigmentation on a tiny spot.

I`ve seen comments on youtube and forums,
who ruined their complete skalp by microneedling.
They will likely never able to do a hairtransplant.

Don`t be so overconfident.

Last edited:

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
My 5 months progress
Before (april-may)
https://imgur.com/a/ncfnFL1
September 27
https://imgur.com/a/hnThcpN
Still no progress on the crown, but im satisfied :)

Congrats on your success, I do see a lot of white light on the first picture and so it does obscure the results epically with it being wet hair the light is so bright it will almost white out parts of where the scalp would otherwise not be as visible so my question for you would be do you notice the change in hair yourself? when you run your fingers through it or look at it in person? I know you have said you use concealers before so without the concealer do you notice a big difference? I hope the answer is yes!

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting to know. Also explains why some get fina side effects from minoxidil. (although very rare)

Minoxidil acts as an antiandrogen: A study of 5α-reductase type 2 gene expression in a human keratinocyte cell line.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/d9sfdn/minoxidil_acts_as_an_antiandrogen_a_study_of/

This is a really big discovery, could well be worth another thread. All this time and we've not known this all those times people were saying minoxidil dosent not attack hairloss from it route cause

h14r_

My Regimen
Reaction score
we`d like to see before-after-pictures of hairlosstalk-members,
who are registrated since 2016 or earlier.
All micro-needling-pics I´ve seen were from members who registrated 2018.
(the thread started 2018, too....seems a little fishy to me)

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, this is why I hesistate.

I´ll try it on a small spot, on my norwood 6.5 skalp, to see what happens.
If it`s not working I wasted only a few seconds a week, instead of 20 minutes,
and risked a small scar, infection and hyperpigmentation on a tiny spot.

I`ve seen comments on youtube and forums,
who ruined their complete skalp by microneedling.
They will likely never able to do a hairtransplant.

Don`t be so overconfident.

You are doing less damage to your skin than your usual scrape on the knee, you are not going to cause permanent damage to your skin by needling if used properly. I have used a pen at 2.5mm and currently use a 1.5mm dermaroller, no scarring as far as im aware.

h14r_

My Regimen
Reaction score
You seem to be very naive.
Thread started 2018 and I only saw pics of members who registrated in 2018 and 2019

Please, show my good results of members from 2016 or earlier.
And I`ll become a believer of microneelding.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling, especially with an electric device, does not cause scars. In such tiny wounds the skin does not heal by
Thread started 2018 and I only saw pics of members who registrated in 2018 and 2019

This is the main microneedling thread so there isn't much evidence prior to it as most people weren't aware of this method. You'll have a hard time finding results prior to 2016 because quite literally there aren't any.
Here's a results summary thread: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-photo-results-summary.121072/ it links studies from 2013, 2016, 2017.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Lol. Who the f*** do you think you are that we need to go out of our way to prove something to you. Nobody here gives a single f*** whether you believe or not.

We are doing our own experiments and reporting back to help our fellow brothers. If you have nothing useful to say, get out of here!

h14r_

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol. Who the f*** do you think you are that we need to go out of our way to prove something to you. Nobody here gives a single f*** whether you believe or not. We are doing our own experiments and reporting back to help our fellow brothers. If you have nothing useful to say, get out of here!

Tell this the guys who have already damaged their skalp.
My posting is to warn others.
I don`t say it`s not working in some cases,
but many in this thread seems to be very overconfident,
and risk infections and scars.

And all is what you say is: "go away". LOL.
We always have to discuss pros and cons,
and how legit a method is.

Rule34

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tell this the guys who have already damaged their skalp.
My posting is to warn others.
I don`t say it`s not working in some cases,
but many in this thread seems to be very overconfident,
and risk infections and scars.

And all is what you say is: "go away". LOL.
We always have to discuss pros and cons,
and how legit a method is.
I have been dermarolling with 3MM dermaroller 2 times everyday no permanent damage slow regrowth in norwood 0 area on scalp use moisturizer creme before bed on hairline no scarring will post pictures when the hairs can be picked up by camera phone is not capable of quality pictures just be careful to avoid large patches of hypopigmentation from peeling skin if you dermaroll several times a week with moderate to high intensity dermarolling is legit very unlikely to cause permanent damage

Otis Mack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Minoxidil isn't much of an anti-androgen tho because there is synergism with known anti-androgens in hair studies.

The synergism wouldn't be there is if was just 2 anti-androgens

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Microneedling could cause hairloss, because of possible scarring.
This is why I still hesistate to try it.
I would feel like a laboratory-rat when I would test it,
because it seems to be very early to
make conclusions about microneedling.

This thread is only 1 year old.
Be careful, what you do to your skalp,
maybe it could lead to irreversible damage,
and could make future-hairtransplants impossible.

I`ve ordered a pen, yesterday, but maybe I just resell it, and don`t risk possible damage.

If your skalp gets destroyed by microneelding,
you will very likely never able to do a hairtransplant.

I don`t say microneelding is not working, but I see it as a very high risk,
especially if you are not a medical-expert.

You have only 1 skalp. Be careful.

We could discuss long term efficacy 5/10 yrs
We could say it applies only to people with circulation issues/fribrosis
But what you're saying about the safety has no scientific ground
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/30886475/?i=4&from=/29194786/related

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23960389/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26120151/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29194786/

Alek13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends,

New to the forum, but I have been following the discussions for more than a year.

My regimen is: Minoxidil 5% (twice a day), Ketoconazole shampoo 2% (2-3 times a week), Saw Palmetto 550 mg (1 pill twice a day) and Multivitamins for hair.

I am 24 with frontal receding and thinning, especially on the places where I used to comb my hair and I am on my regimen for 1 year and 3 Months and I am happy with the regrowth it gave me, although the bald spots are still visible.

I ordered Dr.Pen A6 (actually I have got it already) and I still hesitate to use it.

I am afraid it may cause shedding like the minoxidil at the start :confused:

Can the addition of dermapen boost the regrowth to the good responders to minoxidil or you suggest me not to take any unnecessary risks (I really couldn't find similar success story) ?

Also, do you use the dermapen on wet or dry hair because I am afraid it may pull out some of the thinner hairs from minoxidil (my hair is 3-4 inches long at the front, but I also have shorter hairs from the minoxidil which apparently haven't grown longer until now).

Thank you all and I think I will try once with 1.5 mm for sure but I would like to hear your opinion in any case whether to continue or not.

I would share the results in a few months.

Thanks again !

Last edited:

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello friends,

New to the forum, but I have been following the discussions for more than a year.

My regimen is: Minoxidil 5% (twice a day), Ketoconazole shampoo 2% (2-3 times a week), Saw Palmetto 550 mg (1 pill twice a day) and Multivitamins for hair.

I am 24 with frontal receding and thinning, especially on the places where I used to comb my hair and I am on my regimen for 1 year and 3 Months and I am happy with the regrowth it gave me, although the bald spots are still visible.

I ordered Dr.Pen A6 (actually I have got it already) and I still hesitate to use it.

I am afraid it may cause shedding like the minoxidil at the start :confused:

Can the addition of dermapen boost the regrowth to the good responders to minoxidil or you suggest me not to take any unnecessary risks (I really couldn't find similar success story) ?

Also, do you use the dermapen on wet or dry hair because I am afraid it may pull out some of the thinner hairs from minoxidil (my hair is 3-4 inches long at the front, but I also have shorter hairs from the minoxidil which apparently haven't grown longer until now).

Thank you all and I think I will try once with 1.5 mm for sure but I would like to hear your opinion in any case whether to continue or not.

I would share the results in a few months.

Thanks again !
Don’t worry about shedding because good hairs displace them, but i think it’s better that use with short sizes(1.5 and lower) and if you didin’t see answer then you can use higher size in next sessions.
And i have question?
Does saw palmetto have good effects? And can you compare that with finastride in effectiveness!?do you tried both of them?

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe he thinks needling can cause scarring on the skin, hair follicles can't be transplanted on scarred skin as far as im aware.

Unless the scarring is deep and thick there shouldn’t be any issue for an experienced hair transplant surgeon to successfully transplant hair grafts, in FACT, many do transplant grafts into large and long FUT scars successfully.