• Screenshot_20190711-173510_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190711-173510_Gallery.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 860

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick update and some info to share:)

First just know that I am typing this with my onion smelling fingers lol! I washed my hair thoroughly yesterday after using onion juice and used a herbal leave in wash, yet still I am emitting radioactive onion rays from all over. Had to cover my pillow with a protective case, and I hope the smell doesn't get trapped in the AC. Didn't sting like I thought it would by the way, and not sure but I think I shed a bit from it or maybe it's because I have never shampooed this much b4 anyway...

0.5mm is quite manageable. I am more worried about scars and infections, more than pain itself. I think 1mm or 1.5mm will be a b**ch though. Don't know if it's because I couldn't see what I was doing or because I pressed harder, but felt it more on the crown and that's the only place I can see it left tiny red bloody dots.

I might be wrong but I think there are two aspects to this microneedling process and some of you are confusing them?
A relative of mine is a beautician and has been working in mesotherapy since it first came out. That was the only person that didn't look at me weird like wtf is wrong with you when I told her I was about to needle my head haha! So anyway they usually microneedle lightly the skin just to help the absorption of the serum or agent they are using over it and 0.25mm is more than enough. There are even some nano needles that supposedly just shift the cells around nudging them a bit to help the liquid infiltrate. So if you want your minoxidil or whatever to penetrate then I don't think you need to go to 1.5mm.

The other aspect is the injury initiating hair growth part and for that you would need to go deeper. Ok this is anecdotal bro science but my friend flew in to visit me a week ago. He has hairy arms like me, but we kind of trim them down a bit. I noticed he had a scar on his arm, and around it the hairs were much thicker and darker! When he questioned this microneedling thing, I pointed to his arm. It might just be a coincidence, but hopefully there is some truth to all this and it's not just a fad or shills trying to sell us gadgets that don't do much except promote an S&M lifestyle ;)

Another warning I got from the beautician. I read many of you are using oils, just wondering how it's working for you? Coz she told me to use any serums I wanted on my scalp while microneedling except for oils coz it could lead to cysts. That's what I understood from her. She was the one that suggested onion and garlic juice, as initially I was just planning on microneedling by itself with nothing else.

Ok that's about it:)

PS: I might or might not grow hair doing this, but I am sure as hell going to get deeper wrinkles on my forehead! How do you guys do this without stressing your forehead muscles?! My eyebrows stuck upwards for like an hour after I was done haha!

Similar sort of boat to you.. how did you find the 0.5mm?

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im surprised you didnt get scammed. Thanks for the link.
Inb4 you own the website and you are scamming me right now lmao
Why would I get scammed? They’re a business.. they sell things, that’s usually how businesses work. Their site is legit.

Squeegee 2.0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Stopaga , the forum was supposed to go through an update during X-mas but never came back online. They were only a few active members left. I wonder if Monty is still around on this forum???

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey, what about stop@G@? yeah the hair loss is almost the same. i roll too
Could you please clarify a little? Did you lose your hair gains as per the pictures in your original post? Or did you retain the growth but continue rolling to avoid future hairloss?

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how microneedling with minoxidil works. My hair is obviously sensitive to dht as my hair has thinned out over the years but how does creating new blood vessels and circulation stop dht for attacking the follicles?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can someone please explain how microneedling with minoxidil works. My hair is obviously sensitive to dht as my hair has thinned out over the years but how does creating new blood vessels and circulation stop dht for attacking the follicles?
It doesn't stop DHT. It just depends how sensitive your scalp is to the inflammatory process that DHT plays a big part in.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gong to try once every 5 days now instead of once a week. Coming up to two months I'm bleeding (spots not dripping) a lot easier now, could barely make the scalp red when first rolling. Can't really take before/afters since I'm NW1 after a transplant with reasonable density

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

DHT doesn’t stop its actions on newly formed and growing follicles or native follicles, it’s just that microneedling and minoxidil is sort of like Miracle gro for the scalp, bringing in blood circulation which is “nutrition” to the stem cells since they are in an embryonic state.

I have a couple strong terminal hairs in my temples that I’m certain are from a few years ago when I first used a dermaroller and pressed too hard one day and remember some blood coming out from the exact area and now my temple area has receded about an inch away from these couple strong hairs since then, I even plucked them out with force a while ago as they looked out of place since my native hairs around them fell out due to DHT....BUT these couple hairs still grew back as strong terminal hairs a few months later and i still have them...so now I’m microneedling the area to have others join them and the progress looks like some are.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gong to try once every 5 days now instead of once a week. Coming up to two months I'm bleeding (spots not dripping) a lot easier now, could barely make the scalp red when first rolling. Can't really take before/afters since I'm NW1 after a transplant with reasonable density

How many months post transplant are you and are you microneedling the transplanted area too?

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many months post transplant are you and are you microneedling the transplanted area too?

Transplant 2 years ago. Yes needling transplanted area too. Transplanted hairs haven't fallen out, not that I was expecting them to