Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@newbiemicroneedler Did she say that you shouldnt use any oils right after the session, or in general? I use a mixture of oils everyday but i wait 24 hours after my needling session.

@Jamesdunn It doesnt stop DHT, yet it still works, even without minoxidil.

@spring15 Same thing happening to me. I bled like a motherfucker on my last session, its insane

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will be conducting a experiment for me and you guys.
I'll be using a 1.5mm on one side of my head, and 1mm of on the other side of my head.
1.5mm makes me bleed like a pig, while 1mm only causes redness of the skin. No blood, not matter how hard i press.
Ill be using 1.5mm once a week, and 1mm every saturaday and every wednesday (2x per week). 1.5mm is already working for me, but i want to see if 1mm twice per week is better. The frustrating part about hairloss is that even if you find something that works, it still takes AGES to get your hair back because hair growth is so f*****g slow.

Im on dutasteride and i apply a mixture of oils to my head everyday. No minoxidil

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Let me guess, you started rolling while also starting either minoxidil, finasteride, nizoral or a combination of the 3.
No used minoxidil previously but didnt do anything for me. Tried sandalore only for a few months with abit of success and then jumped on to microneedling with minoxidil but added sandalore in aswel

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the million dollar question is will we keep results if we are consistent with microneedling and minoxidil or is it only a matter of time till dht does its work on the hair follicles again?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So the million dollar question is will we keep results if we are consistent with microneedling and minoxidil or is it only a matter of time till dht does its work on the hair follicles again?
I read somewhere that wounding has a protective effect for the hair. Dont ask me where because i dont remember

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@newbiemicroneedler Did she say that you shouldnt use any oils right after the session, or in general? I use a mixture of oils everyday but i wait 24 hours after my needling session.

No I think she meant during microneedling or right after. Is 24 hours enough for the tears to heal though?? I think I would wait longer before applying any oils just to be safe. Anyway I think it can depend on your skin type also, maybe some skins are more prone to making cysts than others? Not sure. If it's working for you and you have no issues then I guess it's fine.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I think she meant during microneedling or right after. Is 24 hours enough for the tears to heal though?? I think I would wait longer before applying any oils just to be safe. Anyway I think it can depend on your skin type also, maybe some skins are more prone to making cysts than others? Not sure. If it's working for you and you have no issues then I guess it's fine.
Im pretty sure the wounds are closed even after a few hours. I needle in the night and when i wake up the next morning, my skin looks completely normal. Its not even red.
But yeah, i make sure to have a clean scalp during and after the session. I always clean it with pure alcohol after im done

newbiemicroneedler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im pretty sure the wounds are closed even after a few hours. I needle in the night and when i wake up the next morning, my skin looks completely normal. Its not even red.
But yeah, i make sure to have a clean scalp during and after the session. I always clean it with pure alcohol after im done

We are talking @1.5mm right???

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gong to try once every 5 days now instead of once a week. Coming up to two months I'm bleeding (spots not dripping) a lot easier now, could barely make the scalp red when first rolling. Can't really take before/afters since I'm NW1 after a transplant with reasonable density

I am going through similar thing as you. I had a transplant 7 years ago but a nw4 now not including transplanted hair. I'm 6 week into my regimen and are excited about about my hair's progress.

10 days after started regimen I had little batch of hair growing all over my head.

20 days I started shedding

30 days I started seeing tiny little hair growing in my nw3- nw2 area in the middle of my head only. They are now 1/4 inches long. Shedding doesn't scare me because I know once the small regrowing hair gets long I will get better coverage than before. My question is how long does the shedding continue if anyone knows roughly. Spring can you tell me your progress to see if it's similar. Will post before/after in 5 weeks

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why no one of the successful user is talking about hair loss reduction ?

shifengguang

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am going through similar thing as you. I had a transplant 7 years ago but a nw4 now not including transplanted hair. I'm 6 week into my regimen and are excited about about my hair's progress.

10 days after started regimen I had little batch of hair growing all over my head.

20 days I started shedding

30 days I started seeing tiny little hair growing in my nw3- nw2 area in the middle of my head only. They are now 1/4 inches long. Shedding doesn't scare me because I know once the small regrowing hair gets long I will get better coverage than before. My question is how long does the shedding continue if anyone knows roughly. Spring can you tell me your progress to see if it's similar. Will post before/after in 5 weeks
My English is not good, sorry.
What is the effect of 7 years of hair transplantation? Did the implant lose any hair