Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Jamesdunn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had 3 weeks off needling as I think my scalp need a good recovery after all these months. Swirl still improving by the week tho

Attachments

• Collage 2019-07-09 16_46_14.jpg
    Collage 2019-07-09 16_46_14.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 584

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
The most trusted study which inspire many to do micro needling is study from India by dhurat et al. In that study they used 1.5 mm derma once a week and clearly stated that they stopped rolling every time they riched erythma. Go and read it.
In other study mouse were dermarolled by various needle size and outcome was compiled after study and it came to be 0.5 mm needle was more effective . author of that has mentioned that too much hard needling would cause perfolliculer fibrosis which hinders hair growth. It is doulble edged sword,if not used correct can harm the user.
This is so confusing to me. Do we use 1.5 or not? 1.5 causes blood for me, .5 does not but causes erythmea. Which one is it? Damn

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is so confusing to me. Do we use 1.5 or not? 1.5 causes blood for me, .5 does not but causes erythmea. Which one is it? Damn
Initially, just use what everyone else is using (1.5 mm) and evaluate for yourself. Then adjust if required. Don't listen to people who come out of nowhere and claim to know it all. If there was a general consensus around what "exactly" works, everyone would have been walking around with a full head of hair.

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The most trusted study which inspire many to do micro needling is study from India by dhurat et al. In that study they used 1.5 mm derma once a week and clearly stated that they stopped rolling every time they riched erythma. Go and read it.
In other study mouse were dermarolled by various needle size and outcome was compiled after study and it came to be 0.5 mm needle was more effective . author of that has mentioned that too much hard needling would cause perfolliculer fibrosis which hinders hair growth. It is doulble edged sword,if not used correct can harm the user.

Your making conclusions on the mice study that were not made by the authors, but to be fair, the authors did the same. The authors state in their discussion: "Increased collagen and elastin deposition was shown after microneedle on human20. Therefore, when it applied to scalp, perifollicular fibrosis could be evoked, and extensive fibrosis could hinder hair growth."

1) clearly they are stating this as a theory, which has not been tested.
2) most importantly, the article they cite to make the claim that microneedling could cause perifollicular fibrosis, does not characterize it as they have. In the cited article (combating photoaging with percutaneous collagen induction, note this is not a study), they state: "the same technique has proven to be very effective in minimizing acne scars and burn scars by removing scar collagen and replacing it with normal collagen."

In other words, collagen production does not equal fibrosis. Given that studies are showing that perifollicular fibrosis occurs due to Androgenetic Alopecia, according to the article that the mice study cites, then it stands to reason that scarred collagen is being replaced by normal collagen, hence the hair growth...

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I’ve NEVER said that you will “beat” male pattern baldness without those you mentioned, SHOW me where I said THAT, dumbass.

Yes, they may help SLIGHTLY but even if you inhibit 100% DHT you will still go bald at a slower pace BUT only gain terrible side effects and masking any aggressive cancer to tests, which is NOT worth it, IMO, but you keep at it.

I think a combination of needling methods and surgery and low-dose 5AR inhibitors to limit side effects (0.25mg finasteride everyday or .5 every other day), minoxidil, could help a lot, gain good results over the long term is all I’m saying.

You keep pointing to this cancer bullshit while you think it's a good idea to create those constant scars on your scalp which have gotten people in here inflammed lymph nodes and there's also studies on it, so as you can see we can find studies for everything giving you cancer.

Once again, I have pointed at dutasteride in mesotherapy form as a way to nuke your DHT in the scalp without side effects but you wouldn't listen.

Taking 0.25 or 1mg wouldn't make a f*****g difference.

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Der

Dermarolling create new vessels and minoxidil dilates them so more blood supply hair follicles get and hense growth. It has also been established that minoxidil also desensitize Androgen receptors so it is not known whether minoxidil induced blood supply or AR desensitization have effect. But yes minoxidil alone can't grow much hair.any dermarolling with minoxidil is more helping than just pouring minoxidil.
"minoxidil also desensitize Androgen receptors"

What does this even mean

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your making conclusions on the mice study that were not made by the authors, but to be fair, the authors did the same. The authors state in their discussion: "Increased collagen and elastin deposition was shown after microneedle on human20. Therefore, when it applied to scalp, perifollicular fibrosis could be evoked, and extensive fibrosis could hinder hair growth."

1) clearly they are stating this as a theory, which has not been tested.
2) most importantly, the article they cite to make the claim that microneedling could cause perifollicular fibrosis, does not characterize it as they have. In the cited article (combating photoaging with percutaneous collagen induction, note this is not a study), they state: "the same technique has proven to be very effective in minimizing acne scars and burn scars by removing scar collagen and replacing it with normal collagen."

In other words, collagen production does not equal fibrosis. Given that studies are showing that perifollicular fibrosis occurs due to Androgenetic Alopecia, according to the article that the mice study cites, then it stands to reason that scarred collagen is being replaced by normal collagen, hence the hair growth...
fibrosis is defined as an abnormal accumulation of collagen, being this either apparition of collagen where normally there shouln't be, or collagen with abnormal structure (wrinkles)

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
fibrosis is defined as an abnormal accumulation of collagen, being this either apparition of collagen where normally there shouln't be, or collagen with abnormal structure (wrinkles)
Correct...but not understanding the point?

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From where on earth you got this idea? Most studies on dermarolling stated that you should press until you get red skin known as erythma not BLEEDING. Stop biosciences.
From the fact that hair follicles sit minimum 1.5mm deep in the skin, and closer to 3-4mm in alot of areas of your scalp.

The mice study means nothing for us when it comes to deciding needle length (because we are not mice). But it does show that if the needles are too long, it fires back and you get no regrowth.

You seem to have missed the entire point of microneedling. You ought to use a roller because you want to "damage" the dermis. The body's response to this "damage" is what causes hair to grow.

Having said that puncturing the dermis via a stamp is an excellent way to allow for a topical solution to penetrate the skin.
Duhh f*****g huhhh, sherlock. Both cause wounds, but a stamp causes "clean" and accurate wounds, compared to a roller which just rips open your skin. Its called controlled wounding for a reason. If any kind of skin damage was good for my hair, i would just take a large machete and smash my skull with it until its sobbing in blood.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You keep pointing to this cancer bullshit while you think it's a good idea to create those constant scars on your scalp which have gotten people in here inflammed lymph nodes and there's also studies on it, so as you can see we can find studies for everything giving you cancer.

Once again, I have pointed at dutasteride in mesotherapy form as a way to nuke your DHT in the scalp without side effects but you wouldn't listen.

inflamed lymph nodes is not cancer you f*****g retard.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The Pharma shill/troll is back again I see.

I’m glad you see and dismiss prostate cancer as “bullshit” as it shows your pathetic biased agenda, so i’ll add the link once again from a highly respected medical hospital:
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bra...-questions/finasteride-are-the-risks-worth-it

It’s moronically hilarious that you think microneedling creates such evil constant scars yet brush off the masking of prostate cancers from the use of finasteride and dutasteride, again, stop spreading propaganda.

How many thousands of people have successfully used microneedling to effectively REMOVE scars on the body and face goes against all the fear mongering propaganda a.k.a. BULLSHIT you’re trying to spread

And AGAIN, you could inhibit ALL the 5AR and DHT 100% you want STILL have male pattern baldness progress, dumbass.

I would loooooove to know whom exactly you are shilling for because your agenda couldn’t be more obvious and clear and I’m sure everyone see it as well.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're a decent finasteride responder, who also responds to minoxidil, then you can combine those three and keep your hair for a very, very, long time.

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the fact that hair follicles sit minimum 1.5mm deep in the skin, and closer to 3-4mm in alot of areas of your scalp.

The mice study means nothing for us when it comes to deciding needle length (because we are not mice). But it does show that if the needles are too long, it fires back and you get no regrowth.
Do you think the 1.5 needle used in the Indian study would have been penetrated skin at full length ? I think they would have penetrated at 1 mm max because they didn't press hard.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You cannot completly erase scars at this time, even with fraxel lasers and others sh*t, you can just make them less apparent
There's also different types of scars, keloid and so on...

I'm always amazed how people thinks scars can magically disappear.
We cannot even completely erase stretch marks (which are 100% similar to scars, elastin just crack and it's fucked)

Don't compare small acne scars, like small holes, to real scars

For example, this is the best you'll get on keloid scars, and it costs multiple expensive in-office treatments, and i'm not talking about a stupid dermaroller here

fade-scars.jpg

Get your sh*t together

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you doing dutasteride mesotherapy?