Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After starting and using liquid Kirkland minoxidil 5% for a month now and experienced a shed, I’m considering switching to the foam as it’s less messy, would I experience another shed from switching to the foam?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
After starting and using liquid Kirkland minoxidil 5% for a month now and experienced a shed, I’m considering switching to the foam as it’s less messy, would I experience another shed from switching to the foam?
Minoxidil is not working for me,I don't have any gains from it. May be it takes longer for some to get the effect.

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is not working for me,I don't have any gains from it. May be it takes longer for some to get the effect.

How long have you been using it? Are you consistent with it?

When I used minoxidil alone a couple of years ago it didn’t do much for me either but I think it is helping now that I am using it in combination with microneedling, but it’s still early for me.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all

I just ordered a 1.5 mm dermaroller and will start rollin’ as soon as it arrives. Im not on any other treatments, and my plan is to dermaroll with minoxidil on my tempels / harline. I also considered trying dermarolling alone just to see if it can produce results, but I havent read many succes stories from ppl using that regimen only.

Will take before and after pics:)

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using it? Are you consistent with it?

When I used minoxidil alone a couple of years ago it didn’t do much for me either but I think it is helping now that I am using it in combination with microneedling, but it’s still early for me.
2 months minoxidil + dermarolling ,no gains so far ,not even a single thread came out of the scalp. But as I said I will give it at least 6 months to see if that regimen helps. Tissue remodeling is long process I should wait.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all

I just ordered a 1.5 mm dermaroller and will start rollin’ as soon as it arrives. Im not on any other treatments, and my plan is to dermaroll with minoxidil on my tempels / harline. I also considered trying dermarolling alone just to see if it can produce results, but I havent read many succes stories from ppl using that regimen only.

Will take before and after pics:)
Thats because almost no one uses needling alone. A study showed that needling is more effective than minoxidil though.
Make sure to press hard enough. rollers are bad at penetrating the skin.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats because almost no one uses needling alone. A study showed that needling is more effective than minoxidil though.
Make sure to press hard enough. rollers are bad at penetrating the skin.

@Moosey When you say hard how hard do you mean exactly? It should not bleed right?

recedingyt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi yt, how's your hair been holding up?
Thinned out a bit because I had to quit hormones for ~1.5 years and became really inconsistent with minoxidil. Not awful, just lost a bit of density at the hairline. Been back on treatments for about 2 months now and I'm moving back towards where I was.

Always gonna be wigbound probably, at least until I get a hair transplant in the frontal region. Luckily I do okay with wigs for now lol

DQj8Ylu.jpg

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Moosey When you say hard how hard do you mean exactly? It should not bleed right?
I bleed like a madman when i needle.
Hair follicles sit deep in your skin. If your needles are 1.5mm long and you press lightly, it means you dont use the full 1.5mm, and hair follicles sit ATLEAST 1.5mm deep. Add on that rollers are bad at penetrating the skin, and cause tears instead of puncture wounds, like a dermastamp would.
Coincidentally, going 1.5mm deep into your scalp, will give you pinpoint bleeding, yes.
To put it simply. Press hard. Some people will bleed from 1.5mm, some not. It doesnt matter. What matters is that the full 1.5mm goes into your skin.

I just think a roller is a bad idea. https://www.amazon.de/Koi-Beauty-De...ds=dermastamp&qid=1562620016&s=gateway&sr=8-5

This thing is a stamp and has a large area. Very easy to use. If you dont want to cause bleeding, buy the 1.0mm one.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair follicles sit deep in your skin. If your needles are 1.5mm long and you press lightly, it means you dont use the full 1.5mm, and hair follicles sit ATLEAST 1.5mm deep. Add on that rollers are bad at penetrating the skin, and cause tears instead of puncture wounds, like a dermastamp would.
Coincidentally, going 1.5mm deep into your scalp, will give you pinpoint bleeding, yes.
To put it simply. Press hard. Some people will bleed from 1.5mm, some not. It doesnt matter. What matters is that the full 1.5mm goes into your skin.

I just think a roller is a bad idea. https://www.amazon.de/Koi-Beauty-De...ds=dermastamp&qid=1562620016&s=gateway&sr=8-5

This thing is a stamp and has a large area. Very easy to use. If you dont want to cause bleeding, buy the 1.0mm one.

@Moosey Thank you very much for the instructions and the link:)
How long have you been using this method and have you seen good results?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get
Thinned out a bit because I had to quit hormones for ~1.5 years and became really inconsistent with minoxidil. Not awful, just lost a bit of density at the hairline. Been back on treatments for about 2 months now and I'm moving back towards where I was.

Always gonna be wigbound probably, at least until I get a hair transplant in the frontal region. Luckily I do okay with wigs for now lol

View attachment 123060[/QUOTE
Get hair transplant

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score

From where on earth you got this idea? Most studies on dermarolling stated that you should press until you get red skin known as erythma not BLEEDING. Stop biosciences.

Raksha

My Regimen
Reaction score
@74775446 Hey, I have a question. Also some observations. How hard do you press down with a roller? In the studies it says hard enough to have mild erythema. If I press all the way in fairly hard I’ll bleed instantly (with only 1 press).

Anyway I watched your video and it seems like you aren’t pressing too hard so I tried it that way and I noticed it took my scalp way longer to heal.

Normally I was pressing very hard and moving very slowly. I also didn’t go back and forward; I’d make very long strokes and then go back to the starting point. When I do it this way my head is covered in blood and takes 1 day to heal.

However, when I did it your way it was mildly bloody and took 3 days to heal. And by heal I just mean so that it isn’t red or tender anymore.

I’m thinking I’ve been dermarolling incorrectly this whole time because I was considering moving over to maybe twice a week and I’ve had minimal results in 8 months.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From where on earth you got this idea? Most studies on dermarolling stated that you should press until you get red skin known as erythma not BLEEDING. Stop biosciences.
Dude, you need to stop commenting on things you have no clue about. You are the one who's spreading broscience here.
Just a couple of months ago someone posted a paper here titled "Not every needling is microneedling" and they demonstrated what needling should be like, with pictures. The scalp was full of blood.

Agent

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, you need to stop commenting on things you have no clue about. You are the one who's spreading broscience here.
Just a couple of months ago someone posted a paper here titled "Not every needling is microneedling" and they demonstrated what needling should be like, with pictures. The scalp was full of blood.

There surely seems to be very different opinions on how hard to press when rolling. I just watched some YT video tutorials, and they all stated that it should not cause bleeding :-0

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
There surely seems to be very different opinions on how hard to press when rolling. I just watched some YT video tutorials, and they all stated that it should not cause bleeding :-0

Maybe they only guess what is the right way for needling... Like we do ,;)

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
The most trusted study which inspire many to do micro needling is study from India by dhurat et al. In that study they used 1.5 mm derma once a week and clearly stated that they stopped rolling every time they riched erythma. Go and read it.
In other study mouse were dermarolled by various needle size and outcome was compiled after study and it came to be 0.5 mm needle was more effective . author of that has mentioned that too much hard needling would cause perfolliculer fibrosis which hinders hair growth. It is doulble edged sword,if not used correct can harm the user.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You seem to have missed the entire point of microneedling. You ought to use a roller because you want to "damage" the dermis. The body's response to this "damage" is what causes hair to grow.

Having said that puncturing the dermis via a stamp is an excellent way to allow for a topical solution to penetrate the skin.

Reactions: br1