Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
A daily dermarolling is not good idea. According to studies one should at least wait for a week for next session. I do dermarolling once in 10 days and I feel soarness 2 to 3 days after dermarolling. So give it enough time and take breaks from it. I am going to be off of it for next 30 days or so.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A daily dermarolling is not good idea. According to studies one should at least wait for a week for next session. I do dermarolling once in 10 days and I feel soarness 2 to 3 days after dermarolling. So give it enough time and take breaks from it. I am going to be off of it for next 30 days or so.
Why the break?

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wasn't rolling for 3 weeks; when I came back to it, I was bleeding much easier. Not sure if that's because I took a break or because the treatments are reversing fibrosis

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
8F594E9E-CA74-4036-A77D-B302447AA69B.jpeg F60A27C2-A8B0-4FE3-9D91-E650921BE0DF.jpeg
Some visibly noticeable growth on my temples at almost 7-weeks microneedling + minoxidil (minoxidil added after 3rd week), it’s funny the new hairs are growing full of my original hair color compared to my grey/white hair

GrowPro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How do your sessions look like? length? Do you press hard? Do you bleed?

I started with 1x a week microneedling with a Dr Pen at 1.5mm just stamping with the pen while hair was wet (not gliding) and not gently but not too hard either, I did bleed a little but just the occasional droplets of blood nothing to serious and after I cleaned my scalp with a saline spray. I added Kirkland minoxidil after the 3rd session 12-24 hours after a microneedling session.

Though, in the past week I have started gently microneedling with 1mm every 3rd day and applying minoxidil an hour or so after microneedling, I haven’t experienced bad side effects other than the crap way minoxidil makes my forehead skin itch/dry out/wrinkle.

I plan to microneedle 1x every 7-10 days using 1.5-2mm hard and 1x every 3days at 1mm gently, going forward.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you guys believe absorption is an important thing when it comes to minoxidil effectiveness?

Example: do you think 1 dermarolling session (0.5-1mm) with minoxidil is more effective than let's say 3 days applying minoxidil without wounding?

Mandar kumthekar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Der
Do you guys believe absorption is an important thing when it comes to minoxidil effectiveness?

Example: do you think 1 dermarolling session (0.5-1mm) with minoxidil is more effective than let's say 3 days applying minoxidil without wounding?
Dermarolling create new vessels and minoxidil dilates them so more blood supply hair follicles get and hense growth. It has also been established that minoxidil also desensitize Androgen receptors so it is not known whether minoxidil induced blood supply or AR desensitization have effect. But yes minoxidil alone can't grow much hair.any dermarolling with minoxidil is more helping than just pouring minoxidil.

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, all that makes sense. What I was wondering tho, as I'm just doing 1.5 every other week, if it'd be better to add one 1.0mm session in the middle while not making a big deal about skipping some minoxidil application in a weekly basis.

That's was my question, if one day of wounding+minoxidil is far superior than 3 days of minoxidil in a row

arromanus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, all that makes sense. What I was wondering tho, as I'm just doing 1.5 every other week, if it'd be better to add one 1.0mm session in the middle while not making a big deal about skipping some minoxidil application in a weekly basis.

That's was my question, if one day of wounding+minoxidil is far superior than 3 days of minoxidil in a row
regarding absorbtion You can aplpy minoxidil without rolling , but you must have perfectly clean skin on your scalp, no sebum, no dead skin

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

If body gets used to it then the effect lessens .so taking break may be a good idea for long term effective treatment.

What f*****g rubbish dude. Atleast others who post here support their claims with progress pictures. You have no clue what you are talking about and just propagating bullshit. Does your body get used to walking? breathing? shaving? drinking?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What f*****g rubbish dude. Atleast others who post here support their claims with progress pictures. You have no clue what you are talking about and just propagating bullshit. Does your body get used to walking? breathing? shaving? drinking?
Exactly. When I told him that, he replied that there's tons of evidence, yet, he posted nothing.
I'm tired of this kind of bro science.

Eazy12

Established Member
Reaction score
I urge everyone to STOP microneedling FULL STOP.
It is creating SCAR TISSUE! WHO told you scar tissue is good for hair growth? Ever got a big scar on your arm or leg? Ever noticed no body hair grows out of it?
What do you think needling until you BLEED is going to produce? SCARS! Please stop butchering yourselves because some idiot shill told you it works. It doesn't, he was out to make a quick buck and flounced when he was exposed.

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I urge everyone to STOP microneedling FULL STOP.
It is creating SCAR TISSUE! WHO told you scar tissue is good for hair growth? Ever got a big scar on your arm or leg? Ever noticed no body hair grows out of it?
What do you think needling until you BLEED is going to produce? SCARS! Please stop butchering yourselves because some idiot shill told you it works. It doesn't, he was out to make a quick buck and flounced when he was exposed.
Another dimwit. Millions of women across the globe are running dermarollers across their faces just do the opposite. Get rid of acne scars. If dermarolling caused scars all of them would be looking like some wicked witches by now.