Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The Chinese and Indian studies are pretty similar and people have had good results following those methods. The Indian study needled weekly and the Chinese one did it every two weeks.

Doing it daily seems silly. Neither of the studies I've mentioned is hard to follow and both appear to yield good results. I followed the Indian one for my results.

One difference between them is that the Chinese study applied 2ml of minoxidil straight after the needling session.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah you are right.. But look at Chen for example, he does it twice a day, gently rolling with 1mm and minoxidil after and he had great results, one of the best, maybe it's good for absorption but it's time consuming even if it takes 10 mins in the morning and 10 at night... I will start doing 1.5mm every 2 weeks and after only minoxidil at least once a day, i think it's better studies show great results on this regime...

I agree with your last sentence.

I didn't realise Chen did it every day but I understand why people might copy his routine, as his results are incredible. However, I would prefer to follow something that has been done in a study. None of the studies are particularly large but at least they are done on more than one person.

The problem with this stuff is, for example, that we do not know if Chen's way of doing it is better, or if he would have had the same results doing it only once a week.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that we have to remember two things. 1. Chen is of east asian background, traditionally the best responders. 2. Chen was so far gone that it took a long time for the minoxidil to show any meaningful cosmetic improvement.

Those two factors have to be taken into account, and I believe those to be bigger factors than microneedling everyday. Microneedling everyday isn't needed.

jay kim

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that we have to remember two things. 1. Chen is of east asian background, traditionally the best responders. 2. Chen was so far gone that it took a long time for the minoxidil to show any meaningful cosmetic improvement.

Those two factors have to be taken into account, and I believe those to be bigger factors than microneedling everyday. Microneedling everyday isn't needed.

The thing that Chen does a lot is blood circulation. He seems to microneedle and massage for circulation.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it hurt bad at 1.5mm rolling ? Do you feel the need for numbing cream or do you find it manageable ?
1.5mm hurts like a b**ch for me. Unbearable pain without a numbing cream. But it hurts very little in the middle of my scalp, and hurts like a b**ch at my hairline and temples for some reason (anyone else?). So i put more numbing cream in that area.
But i stamp hard, so i use the full needle length. Some people only gently push with 1.5mm so its doesnt hurt.

Last edited:

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5mm does hurt a lot. I use 2.0mm, which hurts even more

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you also have more pain around the hairline and temple area, compared to the middle portion of your scalp?
Yes. HOWEVER; my crown hurts the least, bleeds the most AND has the least hair(started thinning there at like 16).

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been at it since january now and can't say for sure I've seen anything other than typical min results. I was mostly thinning on the temples and just starting to see some thinning in the crown to mid area(probably not visible to most people). I think it thickened up there, but zero in the front. Been doing 1.5 every couple of weeks with sometimes every week. I might try going to 1.75 since I read somewhere that the cheaper pens don't penetrate as effectively as something like a derminator 2

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand the results are not the same for everyone,( but neither is it with finasteride)
but i've never seen these results on my temples (microneedling 1,5 once a week) with minoxidil alone and i'm using it since forever

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah 1.5mm is painful. No pain no gain? Did my first session where small amounts of blood was drawn. BEAR THE PAIN OR BEAR THE BALD lol

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys check your entire scalp and make sure every single spot bleed at least a little? I have long hair and it’s impossible to check the back. Also, my sides are the thinnest but can’t bleed even though I use 2mm? Wtf? Any solution?

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
C
I've been at it since january now and can't say for sure I've seen anything other than typical min results. I was mostly thinning on the temples and just starting to see some thinning in the crown to mid area(probably not visible to most people). I think it thickened up there, but zero in the front. Been doing 1.5 every couple of weeks with sometimes every week. I might try going to 1.75 since I read somewhere that the cheaper pens don't penetrate as effectively as something like a derminator 2

Coming from someone who has never seen any thicking whatsoever since my journey, any result is good result

badhabiz

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys check your entire scalp and make sure every single spot bleed at least a little? I have long hair and it’s impossible to check the back. Also, my sides are the thinnest but can’t bleed even though I use 2mm? Wtf? Any solution?
Have mid long hair as well
Im doing it with wet hair (gently)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you scared me guys lmao but i did my first 1.5mm roller session i pressed as hard as i could and i immediately started bleeding but i can say that i can tolerate it very well... I feel discomfort and stinging but that's kind of it, and this on the front of course on the back i don't feel much...No numbing creme no nothing, i think some of you are over exaggerating a little, because i don't like pain, i can't say that my pain tolerance is higher than others and my skin in the front is very thin... But with 0.75mm as i said i had to roll over 10 minutes with the same pressure to see little blood dots, with 1.5mm if i press hard to be sure it enters at full length i start to bleed immediately... I made sure i get some good rollers, i buy them from the same place and they are very well made, with 192 needles from titanium...

Now i have a question i saw in the study that patients were advised to not wash for a day, i guess they advised them not to wash with shampoo or other things, i guess it's ok to wash your head after with some cold water to clear the head of blood dots or am i wrong ?

I just wash off the blood with some hot water then apply minoxidil.

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well you scared me guys lmao but i did my first 1.5mm roller session i pressed as hard as i could and i immediately started bleeding but i can say that i can tolerate it very well... I feel discomfort and stinging but that's kind of it, and this on the front of course on the back i don't feel much...No numbing creme no nothing, i think some of you are over exaggerating a little, because i don't like pain, i can't say that my pain tolerance is higher than others and my skin in the front is very thin... But with 0.75mm as i said i had to roll over 10 minutes with the same pressure to see little blood dots, with 1.5mm if i press hard to be sure it enters at full length i start to bleed immediately... I made sure i get some good rollers, i buy them from the same place and they are very well made, with 192 needles from titanium...

Now i have a question i saw in the study that patients were advised to not wash for a day, i guess they advised them not to wash with shampoo or other things, i guess it's ok to wash your head after with some cold water to clear the head of blood dots or am i wrong ?
Trust me man. I can use 3mm just fine on my mid-scalp or my crown, but even 1mm on my temples/hairline is impossible to bear without a numbing cream.
When im done with my needling session, i wash off the blood with water and 2-3 hours later i apply coconut oil to my skin and go to sleep