Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this what Follica was working on for the last decade?

With all the Ivy League medical advisors and money, surely their method has more sophistication and even better results than the ones we’re seeing on this thread (quite impressive nonetheless)

Last edited:

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We’re only seeing the best responders here, but I’d be willing to make the effort of rolling for a year to see if I’m a responder.
I wonder what proportion of people get decent results...?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm wondering if people with diffuse thinning are potentially better responders overall to minoxidil and treatments like this. Anyone seen such a correlation in the literature?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We’re only seeing the best responders here, but I’d be willing to make the effort of rolling for a year to see if I’m a responder.
I wonder what proportion of people get decent results...?

How do you know we are only seeing the best responders?

Would be interesting if anyone could come forward who has been derma rolling for with 2mm every week with minoxidil twice a day and hasn’t got any results

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score

Would be interesting if anyone could come forward who has been derma rolling for with 2mm every week with minoxidil twice a day and hasn’t got any results

Indeed that would be interesting to know, but weekly at that depth would give me concern about scar tissue formation. Good thing is there are more and more people doing microneedling and variation in intervals, so we seem to be generating a data base here. Probably should all be keeping a log.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im doing 2mm...….been doing it for 4 weeks.....scalp skin looks good! Little flaky as the old skin cells peel off, but certainly no sign of scaring at all.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed. My skin (temples) is slightly red like 5 days after needling, not much at all though. Would it be a good idea to start again when it's gone? Or just do it after 7 days anyway.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I don’t know for for sure but you won’t get as many non responders posting pics and they won’t make it to a thread like this.
I agree it would be interesting to have more reports from people needling for 2 years.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don´t want to sound rude, I´ll just comment on something in hopes of keeping the hype up in this "community trial". Yet I´m aware this post is going to get some dislikes.

Well, people, I´m fine with those who are trying to document their process, but keeping in mind the length of hair cycles and the timeframe of results for average responders, I believe we SHOULD NOT overdo it and post pictures every 4-5 weeks. THat timeframe is very short to see results and hair will probably look either the same or in some instances (for those who go through a wounding induced shed) even worse. Consequently, posting pics within this timeframe may actually disencourage and disappoint people that are starting this treatment, eventually leding some of them to quit. There is an analog situation with people that are trying to lose weight. Weight loss rates are actually NOT linear, so there are stages in this process in which body weight is actually "stalled" for a while because fat burning starts producing excess metabolic water. The consequence is that people who are breaking their asses to lose weight measure their weight every 4-5 days or even every friggin day… and guess what, they´ll see no significant progress, so they get frustrated and quit.
Back to hairloss, I believe that at a mínimum, we should post pics every 3 months, because that is the timeframe in which the best responders start seeing cosmetically significant results. I´d even say that 3 months is still way too early for an average responder (look at previous threads in which a massive amount people were whinning about not getting anything in 3-6 months and then quitting), but I know that we are overly impatient as hair loss sufferers so I won´t ask to refrain for posting pics for every 6 months.
When I started, I tried to commit to not looking at my crown (the most affected area in my case, and the zone I´m trying to recover) for months, but I confess I fell for the tentation and last week I took some pics up there , and obviously I saw no change and got anxious and depressed (I should have expected that because I´ve been needling just for 3 weeks). However, I tried to let the rational component of my brain take control and now I´ll try my best to not take pictures at all until February, taking into account that I might not see anything at that date yet.

Keep it up people, do no give up and be patient. Let´s do this for at least a year.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know for for sure but you won’t get as many non responders posting pics and they won’t make it to a thread like this.
I agree it would be interesting to have more reports from people needling for 2 years.

Surely tho if there were people this hasn’t worked on they are still milling about the hsirloss forum in the new research section and see this popular thread, they would be the first to come in and say tried it, doesn’t work

I believe like I did about 2 years ago, people stop because of the pain and the thought that, surely it can’t be this easy

I think using a pen has changed the game and this thread has made people actually stick to it, I’m hopeful, let’s see what happens

Plus we have other things to use in conjunction with this that we haven’t had before that derma rolling could x the effectiveness

Last edited:

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don´t want to sound rude, I´ll just comment on something in hopes of keeping the hype up in this "community trial". Yet I´m aware this post is going to get some dislikes.

Well, people, I´m fine with those who are trying to document their process, but keeping in mind the length of hair cycles and the timeframe of results for average responders, I believe we SHOULD NOT overdo it and post pictures every 4-5 weeks. THat timeframe is very short to see results and hair will probably look either the same or in some instances (for those who go through a wounding induced shed) even worse. Consequently, posting pics within this timeframe may actually disencourage and disappoint people that are starting this treatment, eventually leding some of them to quit. There is an analog situation with people that are trying to lose weight. Weight loss rates are actually NOT linear, so there are stages in this process in which body weight is actually "stalled" for a while because fat burning starts producing excess metabolic water. The consequence is that people who are breaking their asses to lose weight measure their weight every 4-5 days or even every friggin day… and guess what, they´ll see no significant progress, so they get frustrated and quit.
Back to hairloss, I believe that at a mínimum, we should post pics every 3 months, because that is the timeframe in which the best responders start seeing cosmetically significant results. I´d even say that 3 months is still way too early for an average responder (look at previous threads in which a massive amount people were whinning about not getting anything in 3-6 months and then quitting), but I know that we are overly impatient as hair loss sufferers so I won´t ask to refrain for posting pics for every 6 months.
When I started, I tried to commit to not looking at my crown (the most affected area in my case, and the zone I´m trying to recover) for months, but I confess I fell for the tentation and last week I took some pics up there , and obviously I saw no change and got anxious and depressed (I should have expected that because I´ve been needling just for 3 weeks). However, I tried to let the rational component of my brain take control and now I´ll try my best to not take pictures at all until February, taking into account that I might not see anything at that date yet.

Keep it up people, do no give up and be patient. Let´s do this for at least a year.
This shouldn't get dislikes at all. Again, if there are new people here who haven't read previous pages, some of the people who stuck with this didn't see results up until the 9th-12th month.
So please, do not get discouraged if you don't see results earlier.

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed. My skin (temples) is slightly red like 5 days after needling, not much at all though. Would it be a good idea to start again when it's gone? Or just do it after 7 days anyway.

you are using 1,5? reddish skin for days mean the needles went deep enough all the way through the skin. I have noticed this also. When I was just going for erythema the skin was red for only 1 day, I had no much blood. since I go/press harder, I see more blood and My skin remains reddish for 2-3days. That's good sign though. thats why we do this: wounding. As long as you wait 1week this should be fine. I wait 10days.

cratusg

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys! I am only doing microneedling without minoxidil. Do you think I'm wasting my time? I can't handle the minoxidil sides :( Any other options? I'm doing 2mm once a week. Could somebody please help me?

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys! I am only doing microneedling without minoxidil. Do you think I'm wasting my time? I can't handle the minoxidil sides :( Any other options? I'm doing 2mm once a week. Could somebody please help me?

Not wasting your time, stick with it and see if you get any results.
You could add something like Rosemary or peppermint oil and maybe use keto shampoo or cream 2 or 3 times a week.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not. In the study, both the group that used Minoxidil and the one that didn't saw results. In fact, the group without it had even better results:
The mean improvement in total hair density from baseline to 24 weeks was 18.8/cm2 in group 1, 23.4/cm2 in group 2, and 38.3/cm2 in group 3. The hair growth in the 3 groups was significantly different (P = 0.002), but there were no significant differences in toxicity found between the 3 groups.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29028377