Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don´t want to sound rude, I´ll just comment on something in hopes of keeping the hype up in this "community trial". Yet I´m aware this post is going to get some dislikes.

Well, people, I´m fine with those who are trying to document their process, but keeping in mind the length of hair cycles and the timeframe of results for average responders, I believe we SHOULD NOT overdo it and post pictures every 4-5 weeks. THat timeframe is very short to see results and hair will probably look either the same or in some instances (for those who go through a wounding induced shed) even worse. Consequently, posting pics within this timeframe may actually disencourage and disappoint people that are starting this treatment, eventually leding some of them to quit. There is an analog situation with people that are trying to lose weight. Weight loss rates are actually NOT linear, so there are stages in this process in which body weight is actually "stalled" for a while because fat burning starts producing excess metabolic water. The consequence is that people who are breaking their asses to lose weight measure their weight every 4-5 days or even every friggin day… and guess what, they´ll see no significant progress, so they get frustrated and quit.
Back to hairloss, I believe that at a mínimum, we should post pics every 3 months, because that is the timeframe in which the best responders start seeing cosmetically significant results. I´d even say that 3 months is still way too early for an average responder (look at previous threads in which a massive amount people were whinning about not getting anything in 3-6 months and then quitting), but I know that we are overly impatient as hair loss sufferers so I won´t ask to refrain for posting pics for every 6 months.
When I started, I tried to commit to not looking at my crown (the most affected area in my case, and the zone I´m trying to recover) for months, but I confess I fell for the tentation and last week I took some pics up there , and obviously I saw no change and got anxious and depressed (I should have expected that because I´ve been needling just for 3 weeks). However, I tried to let the rational component of my brain take control and now I´ll try my best to not take pictures at all until February, taking into account that I might not see anything at that date yet.

Keep it up people, do no give up and be patient. Let´s do this for at least a year.

UNLESS you’re a lucky bastard and are seeing actually new hairs grow where it used to be slick bald - as in some of the images people have shared.

In that case... please ignore this post

In all seriousness though what about people share baseline followed by first photos containing hair growth?

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UNLESS you’re a lucky bastard and are seeing actually new hairs grow where it used to be slick bald - as in some of the images people have shared.

In all seriousness though what about people share baseline followed by first photos containing hair growth?
Absolutely.

I just posted this because I saw a couple of guys posting pics of their scalp 3-4 weeks apart, and they looked exactly the same. They were just asking us whether we see some improvement or worsening. There was eventually no improvement given the timeframe.

But as you just said, if there is clear regrowth, post them, bring them all!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you are using 1,5? reddish skin for days mean the needles went deep enough all the way through the skin. I have noticed this also. When I was just going for erythema the skin was red for only 1 day, I had no much blood. since I go/press harder, I see more blood and My skin remains reddish for 2-3days. That's good sign though. thats why we do this: wounding. As long as you wait 1week this should be fine. I wait 10days.

Yeah 1.5

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely.

I just posted this because I saw a couple of guys posting pics of their scalp 3-4 weeks apart, and they looked exactly the same. They were just asking us whether we see some improvement or worsening. There was eventually no improvement given the timeframe.

But as you just said, if there is clear regrowth, post them, bring them all!

I was just updatating my progress you wet wipe, clearly states 0-5 week, if people see that and think oh well it doesn’t work then that’s their own problem.

I’m putting photos to get other peoples opinion and then as I get further on I’ll keep uploading them to see the progress.. I wont bother then you balloon

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I took baseline photos under bright lights with wet hair. I’ll take the same pictures every month in the same spot so there’s no confusion. I’ll share my photos in 3 or 4 months, with or without results

Last edited:

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys I have a dermapen and I used it at 1.5 mm
The thing is that if I really get the dermapen close to the skin I end up bleeding. Is it normal or should I use a smaller size? I dont know is the aim to get the skin like red but not bleeding?
I wonder how can people use 1.5 and not bleed.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys I have a dermapen and I used it at 1.5 mm
The thing is that if I really get the dermapen close to the skin I end up bleeding. Is it normal or should I use a smaller size? I dont know is the aim to get the skin like red but not bleeding?
I wonder how can people use 1.5 and not bleed.
At that depth, the aim here is to wound, so blood is to be expected. Not a whole lot of it, but surely a few spots will pop up.

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there any good reason not to do this twice weekly or more

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The magic happens during the healing process so, if you don't let it heal properly, there's no magic.
Do we know for sure how long it takes to heal and at what depths

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we know for sure how long it takes to heal and at what depths
At 1.5 mm it takes about a week. If you're going for 2 mm, I'd say twice monthly is the optimal number.
At least that's the frecuency the study used.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At 1.5 mm it takes about a week. If you're going for 2 mm, I'd say twice monthly is the optimal number.
At least that's the frecuency the study used.

They used a 2 week frequency for 2mm?
Not sure if the extra 0.5mm is going to double healing time?!
The op was using 2mm weekly, was he not?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They used a 2 week frequency for 2mm?
Not sure if the extra 0.5mm is going to double healing time?!
The op was using 2mm weekly, was he not?
The OP also said the needle probably didn't go the full 2 mm.
Maybe it's not necessary, but I'd say wait like 9-10 days for that depth, just to be safe.
I'm not needling myself just yet, so I'm just speculating based on what the studies say and what people do here.

Renegade000

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The OP also said the needle probably didn't go the full 2 mm.
Maybe it's not necessary, but I'd say wait like 9-10 days for that depth, just to be safe.
I'm not needling myself just yet, so I'm just speculating based on what the studies say and what people do here.

I’m doing 1.75mm every 10 days or so.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just updatating my progress you wet wipe, clearly states 0-5 week, if people see that and think oh well it doesn’t work then that’s their own problem.

I’m putting photos to get other peoples opinion and then as I get further on I’ll keep uploading them to see the progress.. I wont bother then you balloon

Woah, chill man. That is why I said I suspected I was getting dislikes in my previous post. What I wrote there was just a SUGGESTION, and I was giving my arguments on why posting pics that often can be counterproductive. It´s not that I was saying that my opinion should become a rule for this community trial or anything. Obviously you can do whatever you want. People posting pics monthly (even when progress in a month is hardly noticeable for anyone) doestn bother me, just concerns me due to reasons I already explained. But again, you can do that if you think it´s best for you, and no one is entitled to tell you you can´t.
I am sorry if I offended you, assuming that was the reason you responded aggresively. That was clearly not my intention. I do hope and believe you will get results with enough time.

Cheers, mate.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you guys taking pictures? I am seeing really small black hair on my temples, but my phone camera (galaxy s6) doesn't pick them up. Might need a dslr or something.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was one of those also rolling hard years ago, my temples etc. were full of blood. However, i cant recommend this. I think the extra pressure you put in can result in some kind of scarring. In my case it seemed like it disturbed blood vessels to each follice, as some hairs became dark brown,thick and kinda curly while others directly next to it were miniaturizing and become very thin. And i used to have very very blonde and straight hair.
O'Tar Norwood reported on this a long time ago. It has been described as "Wooly hair," "Whisker hair," "Aquired progressive kinking of hair," etc.
I doubt it was the dermarolling.
Read this: http://www.ijtrichology.com/article...;issue=1;spage=24;epage=25;aulast=Bagazgoitia