Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct, but I was just wondering for the mass majority that are doing this now if the results have been great for those not using finasteride.

Basically we are experimenting with dermarolling here, so all type of regimens are welcome. Anyway the main goal, as in the chinese and indian studies, is to find out if its possible to achieve serious improvements WITHOUT the use of finasteride. It is well known that finasteride is the best weapon avavilable today against hair loss, much more powerful than minoxidil in most cases. But many also suffer from sides while using finasteride. So we are trying to find out if minoxidil+dermarolling is a good substitute for finasteride. Actually the interesting thing is that many minoxidil-only non responders have good results when moving to minoxidil+dermarolling.

Trinky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell. I’m on holiday for two weeks. When I get home I’ll take some photos :)

I’m thinking about changing my routine to the Chinese study. 2mm once every 10 days. But I am thinking about 0.5mm every second day as a substitute for massaging.

Any thoughts on that?

Oh and if when I get home there is no noticeable growth at all, then I’ll start on minoxidil pretty much straight away.

I started dermarolling+minoxidil one month ago. I am actually trying to set for a similar regimen: derminator at 1.5/2mm every ten days, then 2/3 days healing followed by soft dermarolling every day (ideally twice a day as Chen). I started the daily dermarolling part at 0.75mm, but I cannot perfectly heal within 24hrs. So now Im rolling at 0.5 and Im ok 24 hrs later. Definitely still cannot do it every 12 hrs. Actually Chen is doing it twice per day at 1mm!!! I guess the scalp get used to it over time. In fact Chen also mentioned he started doing it every 24hrs, and later moved to every 12hrs.

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know how long you've been wounding but I got pretty much your bloody result (I'm way beyond your norwood so much more noticeable) during the first sessions, also with 1.5mm and fast. After the first bunch of sessions (say 4-5) I only get the sunburn effect now and the skin recovers in more or less the same timeframe as others indicated (around 2-3 days). If you just started then I'd not worry as things seem to get better.
Thanks for your input man!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to tell. I’m on holiday for two weeks. When I get home I’ll take some photos :)

I’m thinking about changing my routine to the Chinese study. 2mm once every 10 days. But I am thinking about 0.5mm every second day as a substitute for massaging.

Any thoughts on that?

Oh and if when I get home there is no noticeable growth at all, then I’ll start on minoxidil pretty much straight away.
Don't think it'll do much. Keep in mind: those depths are mostly used to improve topical absorption. Can't hurt (too much) to try though.

The news about RCH-01 being closer to commercialization (and maybe even before 2022) have made me change my mind about the whole year thing. I might wanna maximize the time I'm self-treating. But I will keep going for now cause I haven't even done 2 consecutive months yet.

Last edited:

infinitepain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Isnt 2 mm too much? cant you damage follicles?

And has anyone tried the Dr Pen A7 one? I still dont trust Derminator staff, until I decide about this I cant join you guys.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope. Chinese study used up to 2.5 mm needles. No follicles were damaged. Still, you wanna try with 1.5 mm first and see how you fare, instead of being like me and jumping straight to 2 mm.
I have no experience with the A7, sadly. I'm sure someone around here has tried it tho! Cheers.

vvvazvvv

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for bad english.

This thread helped me a lot, so want to give something back.

I'm 24 y/o. Got hair transplant 2 years ago. Started fina and minoxidil a little bit before hairtransplant. My hairloss is stable with fina and minoxidil. I did the Hairtransplant only at hairline, but i got shockloss after the hairline (totally bald area). In 2 years didn't grow any Hair back at that area. Started microneedling 1x week 2.5 months ago. Got a lot of regrow already. I think that the other parts of my Hair got more density to but i'm not that sure.

Did not took really good pics before so i'm sorry i can't show it.

So for me it definitely works at the totally bald spot/area due the shockloss.

Redgate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

And has anyone tried the Dr Pen A7 one? I still dont trust Derminator staff, until I decide about this I cant join you guys.
Follica wants to do 5mm so I'd say 2.5mm is 100% safe.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't think it'll do much. Keep in mind: those depths are mostly used to improve topical absorption. Can't hurt (too much) to try though.

The news about RCH-01 being closer to commercialization (and maybe even before 2022) have made me change my mind about the whole year thing. I might wanna maximize the time I'm self-treating. But I will keep going for now cause I haven't even done 2 consecutive months yet.

Do you mean that you’re going to do it for more than 1 year / keep going no matter what until RCH-01 comes out?

Also. What’s the deal with RCH-01? Is it meant to be the real deal?

Ohhhhhhh replicel. Fingers crossed :p

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry for bad english.

This thread helped me a lot, so want to give something back.

I'm 24 y/o. Got hair transplant 2 years ago. Started fina and minoxidil a little bit before hairtransplant. My hairloss is stable with fina and minoxidil. I did the Hairtransplant only at hairline, but i got shockloss after the hairline (totally bald area). In 2 years didn't grow any Hair back at that area. Started microneedling 1x week 2.5 months ago. Got a lot of regrow already. I think that the other parts of my Hair got more density to but i'm not that sure.

Did not took really good pics before so i'm sorry i can't show it.

So for me it definitely works at the totally bald spot/area due the shockloss.

I am in a similar situation. Got a hair transplant. It was bad. Surgeon badly damaged my donor region (you can check out pics of my damaged donor on hairrestorationetwork website) and I had shockloss after the hairline.

Finally starting to grow some hair there thanks to dermarolling. I cannot describe in words what a gift this thread and the people here have been for me. I was crushed after the horrible transplant. I have "hope" after years of struggling with this whole hairloss thing and I am keeping my fingers crossed that dermarolling works as well for me as it has worked for others.

Drextez

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
holy sh*t..........

i have a new hair growth wave 3-4 months into my current regimen

I can feel with my fingers hundreds/thousands of new terminal hairs growing all over my crown area..... WTF..... and i have no shed

i will do an update with pictures in 30 days (for more obvious gains in pictures)
(update will be on april 25th-30th)

regimen : microneedling 1.5mm every 2-4 weeks and doing scalp massages ( no minoxidil ),
i might add a quality hairloss shampoo or something very soon.

Last edited:

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, i'm 90% sure i had a slight improvement.
My hair looks darker, healthier and a tiny bit thicker.
Yesterday i happened to look at myself in a electronics store mirror, and i couldn't believe how much darker my hair looked in such harsh lights.
Hell i almost could not tell that i'm balding.

Granted, my hair is now very long, so it looks darker, but still...
I will cut my hair next week probably, so i will be able to snap some more pics.

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
holy sh*t..........

i have a new hair growth wave 3-4 months into my current regimen

I can feel with my fingers hundreds/thousands of new terminal hairs growing all over my crown area..... WTF..... and i have no shed

i will do an update with pictures in 30 days (for more obvious gains in pictures)
(update will be on april 25th-30th)

regimen : microneedling 1.5mm every 2-4 weeks and doing scalp massages ( no minoxidil ),
i might add a quality hairloss shampoo or something very soon.
That sounds amazing. Are you rolling?