Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Pigeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here..
I needle little over month, hair feels healthier and I got some coverage over thinning spots (diffuse thinning) less oily hair and dandruff.I needle every 4-5 days (1.5mm) with erythema and few blood spots sometimes. I know you're gonna say that's too much, but l after 2 days my scalp recovers and when I examine it there is nothing (not even pain under pressure from my fingers). There is a lot anecdotal evidence that people who got overexcited and needled more frequently got better results. Do you thing that maybe constantly restarting healing process can yield better results?
Maybe, it's different for everyone I think.

You say you're healed after 2 days. For me, it takes 4-5 days to heal, the first few days it hurts a bit if I try to comb. But I'm also doing 2mm at the fastest setting with a pen.

Edit: Also have itch after needling

Last edited:

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it takes me 3 days to recover.. what i've noticed 3-4 days after needling my scalp becomes really itchy.. anybody else get this?

Johnnyl33thair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply it all over my scalp. No idea how evenly I manage to do it but I do try to do it evenly over the entire top of my head.
Hey, I'm 24, heavy hair loss, currently on Alopexy Minoxidil + Finasteride for 1 month... I'm thinking of adding microneedling to it as well... Do you think that I should stop using finasteride? I don't think I experience any side effects.
Also, could you please recommend me a dermapen or dermaroller? I'm mainly looking for something that can be done quickly and without hassle.
Also, what length of the needles should I be using?
Thank you! You bring me hope xd

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
I've started needling .25mm every 2 days. This is mainly to tackle the itch I get which dermarolling seems to relieve for a good few hours. Problem I'm having is that the scalp is sore all the time and I'm getting blood spots even at this depth. It might be because I'm using the derminator and it's just a little too powerful for a light needle session. Thinking i'll buy a dermaroller and roll quite lightly.

Congrats those who are getting results. Gives us all hope.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker here..
I needle little over month, hair feels healthier and I got some coverage over thinning spots (diffuse thinning) less oily hair and dandruff.I needle every 4-5 days (1.5mm) with erythema and few blood spots sometimes. I know you're gonna say that's too much, but after 2 days my scalp recovers and when I examine it there is nothing (not even pain under pressure from my fingers). There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that people who got overexcited and needled more frequently got better results. Do you thing that maybe constantly restarting healing process can yield better results?
Are you on min? Or just needling alone?

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now I’m certain about my crown is back to being as hard as a rock.

I derminated my scalp last Friday NZT. My scalp / crown felt noticeably softer for a few days after needling.

Today is Wednesday NZT and it’s really hard. Booooo!

One other person has reported back experiencing the same thing. Anybody else get this?

@Francky85 im going to try needling daily at 1.00mm like @chen almost as a form of massage.

My theory is that at that depth it won’t interfere with cell healing. Rather I’m just breaking down calcification.

What do you think?

Try it bro....we are all experimenting on here.....nobody knows the ideal method yet and everyone is different....let us know how you get on.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe, it's different for everyone I think.

You say you're healed after 2 days. For me, it takes 4-5 days to heal, the first few days it hurts a bit if I try to comb. But I'm also doing 2mm at the fastest setting with a pen.

Edit: Also have itch after needling

Takes about three days for my skin to to heal at 2.5mm, strange that you get an itch though, i haven't experienced anything like that, or the flakes some people have mentioned.

Appletree101

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where does everybody get their 12 needle cartridges for the Derminator 2?

Has anyone tried using the Dr. Pen needles off Amazon with their Derminator 2? I know Own Doctor says not to but they look identical and I think it's just a way for them to draw you into buying their expensive needles.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say it takes me 3 days to recover.. what i've noticed 3-4 days after needling my scalp becomes really itchy.. anybody else get this?

Yes. I attribute this to the layer of skin shedding.

It becomes dry, tight and a bit itchy until I get rid of the flakes. That takes a couple days if aggressively get rid of them, or longer if don't. I usually use a fine-toothed comb to help accelerate the peeling. After all that... Day 6/7 or so - no more itching once the peeling is done.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also get this, about 3-4 days after needling as well. Strangely, this has almost subsided in the last 2 weeks (consider that I've been needling for 4.5 months)

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Takes about three days for my skin to to heal at 2.5mm, strange that you get an itch though, i haven't experienced anything like that, or the flakes some people have mentioned.
I get no itch or flakes either. I didn't shed at all on minoxidil and needling. However I'm getting decent results so far.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to test needling more often to see the impact it has on my results

I'm going to do 2mm then wait 4 days (or until my scalp is no longer sore) and then needle 1.25mm wait for 4 days and back to the 2mm

Maybe keeping our scalps in a constant state of healing will get better results

minoxidil 2 x a day

I'll keep the thread updated with the results

LowHairLine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
...Do you think there's any way for me to use A6 Cartridges with the D2 to get any deeper than 1.5mm safely...?

Re: A6 CARTRIDGE w/ D2
The short answer is NO.

If you wanted it really, Really, REALLY badly, the easiest way would probably be grinding 1mm off the plastic cylinder that surrounds the A6 needles w/ a grade 400-800 sandpaper on a flat surface - BUT I do NOT recommend it for obvious reasons:
hygiene, needle damage risks etc. - you are putting those needles in your scalp after all...

Furthermore, 1.5mm is probably enough for our purpose:
if PROPERLY pressing the Cartridge against my scalp, I get PLENTY of blood spots @1.5mm...

And finally, if you still need more depth and the D2 cartridges are prohibitively expensive, I consider it a better option properly sanitizing & reusing the originals than grinding the A6's w/ the procedure above.

Whatever route you take - stay safe & wound those lazy follicles till they run out to the light! ;)

Last edited:

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So,

What norwood is everyone now?

This is not some magic pill dumbass. It works differently for everyone and obviously those who still have hair (diffuse) will probably see results earlier as they have showed. It takes time and it's all individual, but at the very least it does keep your hair healthy and possibly even maintains (still early to know 100% sure but other users have done it for years and still have their hair so there's that).