Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Dude....essential oil are totally sh*t and uselless for hair growth...it can worsen hair too....
Btw, Castor oil is very good because it's a pge2 agonist.

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least you have a masters degree. Im near 30 and never had a job or finished anything past high school. Depressed since I was 13, well before balding, balding just made it worse. Now there's no hope. And its only going to get worse unless dutasteride+dermapen make the miracle happen.
Yes going bald sucks a fat one but you shouldn’t let it ruin your life. I’m 28 and I know it’s easier to say than do but I feel the same feelings about losing hair as most others do. I used to be a very obese then dropped out of high school. I lost most of the weight and went back to school and did a STEM degree. While my anxiety still prevents me from having ever worked I’m taking the steps in the right direction to get a job. Despite all my flaws and insecurities I have about my body, hair and eyes, I’ve managed to find a beautiful girl who loves me and who is helping me push forward on in life. Try and find someone to talk to as guidance like a counsellor. Don’t let it destroy your life and potentially end it.

Francesco17

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude....essential oil are totally sh*t and uselless for hair growth...it can worsen hair too....

I'm using them and I didn't get worse. I suspect there is some timid regrowth (but I'm needling as well) . And they totally defeated acne on forehead

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How frequently do you guys replace your dermaroller? I have been rolling for 4 months now and I am wondering whether the needles get less sharper over time due to the pressure from rolling?

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score
Context: been dermarolling with Minoxidil every 2 weeks at 1.5 mm, taking pictures every couple weeks (although not shared here due to bad experiences in the past) bleeding a lot in the beginning and nowadays skin recovers rather quickly. Started dermarolling on Dec/Jan and only added minoxidil after February. My head is buzzed every week - results are easy to spot even without pics.

So a happy thing happened and I wanted to share. I meet a friend every 2-3 months (since he comes to visit from abroad) and yesterday we hanged out. After our initial greeting, he starts staring at my scalp. I was terrified, thinking I overlooked my flaking scalp or maybe something looks really bad up there, but I try to play cool - what's up man? And then the magical words: "dude, have you done something to your hair? no offense but you always looked balder but it looks fuller to me". Given that this guy knows absolutely nothing about my hair treatments, and given that I buzz my head weekly (so there's no possibility of covering up) you can imagine how I felt.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure people seeing me every day didn't notice anything, so I wouldn't say cosmetic difference is there still, although it's covering slick bald areas pretty fast with more pigmented vellus. Just wishing and begging to hair's God that the trend continues and doesn't stop and/or this is just temporal and they'll shed and everything will be lost - which is IMHO a possibility that needs to be in your mind forever.

You are basically speaking my mind. I follow almost the same regimen as you and have gotten some vellus hair that is sprouting throughout. I also hope that the trends continue. I have been rolling since end of January, so its been around the two month mark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All over the top. I'm a diffuse thinner

You've still got really good hair at the front but I know the pain of trying to hide the top of your head. My hair always looked OK-ish at the front but if I bent over, or if you were taller than me, you would think I had a combover. I think I did have a little bit of a combover :)

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hold up, are you saying to use castor oil right after needling on scalp?

Necr0sis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just took a photo of my redness right after a D2 session. How does it look? https://imgur.com/a/R6dDk2Y

I’m having a hard time getting it to look “just like sunburn” as mentioned by some people. Maybe I’m overestimating how hard I need to press and how many passes over the same area I need?

I changed to medium speed for hairline, fast for the rest as recomnended here. 1.5mm setting, 12 needle

Creatine

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had the same experience my 1st few D2 sessions (patchy blood spots) In my case it was a matter of technique. I move the D2 in small circular motions and don't stay in 1 spot. After 4 passes, I get the sun burn look. Im needling at 1.5mm fast.

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
By curiosity, is anyone seeing great results without finasteride? I’m looking to get off the drug completely (only taking 0.5mg EOD), but I am concerned minoxidil and using the dermapen weekly won’t be as effective together without finasteride.

Thoughts?

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
By curiosity, is anyone seeing great results without finasteride? I’m looking to get off the drug completely (only taking 0.5mg EOD), but I am concerned minoxidil and using the dermapen weekly won’t be as effective together without finasteride.

Thoughts?

The guy who got the thread started because of his insane results did not use finasteride.

In the progress thread lots of regimens are included
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...to-results-summary.121072/page-6#post-1783546

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At least you have a masters degree. Im near 30 and never had a job or finished anything past high school. Depressed since I was 13, well before balding, balding just made it worse. Now there's no hope. And its only going to get worse unless dutasteride+dermapen make the miracle happen.

I'm exactly 30 and i'm actually in school getting a master's degree online, I do not have one yet.

I know exactly how you feel about male pattern baldness, trust me, I do.

I grew up in legitimate poverty, dirt poor. I have vitiligo, I have alopecia areata, I have a corneal disease called keratoconous (this prevented me from joining the military which was VERY hard to take).

And the worst thing that has happened to me is still male pattern baldness. Losing my hair is the single worst thing that has happened to me. Worst than losing any girl, worst than my skin losing pigment, worst than going blind in my teens, worst than having a couple of bald spots. male pattern baldness is the worst. None of these things I have are curable. But out of all those autoimmune diseases that I have that aren't curable, male pattern baldness is the one that bothers me the most.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds good, honestly. I don't stay red for too long either. Not even red; but reddish too.
The one scientific reference we have is the Chinese study. They did 3-4 passes on all the patients. They also mention it being reddish (so mild erythema).
You can always up the length if you think it's not doing enough. I can't do much cause I'm already at max length (2 mm) and I lift and press down pretty hard. I do 4 passes.

Hey dude. How's your no Minoxidil journey going? Any improvement?

Hard to tell. I’m on holiday for two weeks. When I get home I’ll take some photos :)

I’m thinking about changing my routine to the Chinese study. 2mm once every 10 days. But I am thinking about 0.5mm every second day as a substitute for massaging.

Any thoughts on that?

Oh and if when I get home there is no noticeable growth at all, then I’ll start on minoxidil pretty much straight away.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just took a photo of my redness right after a D2 session. How does it look? https://imgur.com/a/R6dDk2Y

I’m having a hard time getting it to look “just like sunburn” as mentioned by some people. Maybe I’m overestimating how hard I need to press and how many passes over the same area I need?

I changed to medium speed for hairline, fast for the rest as recomnended here. 1.5mm setting, 12 needle

I don't know how long you've been wounding but I got pretty much your bloody result (I'm way beyond your norwood so much more noticeable) during the first sessions, also with 1.5mm and fast. After the first bunch of sessions (say 4-5) I only get the sunburn effect now and the skin recovers in more or less the same timeframe as others indicated (around 2-3 days). If you just started then I'd not worry as things seem to get better.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If i remember correctly, one guy from HairLossTalk.com did bloody wounding and got like crazy results, but he got banned because of posting bloody scalp. Anyone has his before and after pic ?