Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

paul1988

Established Member
Reaction score
Almost 3 months in and I've noticed that the hairs I'm shedding are thicker and darked... How concerned should I be about that? I am shedding less however but only slightly. Even when I experienced MASSIVE regrowth I've shed consistently ever since I started losing hair. The only distinction how much I'm shedding
I havent stopped shedding since I started needling 2 months and 1/2 ago. Nevertheless, these hairs are thicker and darker, and my hair looks better, so "let them fall!"

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here suffer from alopecia for over 10 years ?
I started to sting a month ago with a dermaroller after reading this thread.As my alopecia is old, the minoxidil has no effect on me.
The minoxidil gave me tachychardia.I stopped it after more than 3 years of useless use.I only take androcur to maintain .I will dermaroller for a year and see what happens.If it works for me, it will work for everyone.I bleed a lot on the top of the head but not at all on the temples and behind.The skin on the temples and behind the head seems thinner and I press like crazy to hurt.In spite of everything, I do not bleed. Just tiny crusts.After several weeks, I have less and less pain and can press harder and harder.I hurt once a week on average and for the face twice.I do not take pictures because I think for me, the dermaroller will not work.I'll tell you that in 11 months.Furthermore,it gave me a disgusting cut because the dermaroller cuts my long hair.As I have nothing to lose, I do not care

Last edited:

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@dermaroller666 - I've been losing my hair for longer than 10 years now (I'm 38). I used Minoxidil for 2 years with no appreciable new hair growth. I do believe it helped to maintain in that time though.

As for not taking pictures, I think that is the wrong idea. Your eyes/memory are worse at keeping track of progress than pictures. Unless you have some insane growth ... it will be hard to distinguish things to your baseline in a short period of time. Numberman said he would have given up after a few months had it not been for his photos that showed he was actually making progress. From the front - looking at my hairline in the mirror, I don't perceive much change in my hair... yet the top-down photos of my crown show that hair is finally growing again. It is a weird thing ... I look in the mirror and say that I don't see yet what I want to see, yet I look at progress pictures and I know things are headed in the right direction. I highly recommend taking photos to accurately track your progress.

TNTS

Reaction score
I have been needling fo a while now but lately I also apply sandalore right after dermastamp (2sessions), right after application part of my vision become slightly blurred (like little fog)!! ;o it just lasts 2min and then it goes away 100% Haven't you notice such side effect? I don't know if this is the ethanol penetration that causes this or sandalore (I use 0,5 in 70%ethanol)...Guinea pig life.....

No, but i wake up with dry eyes every morning..

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe someone said that around the third month you should start to see something.

Well... maybe they were right.
My hair looks a tiny bit worse, could this be the infamous shedding prior to the start of regrowth?

Considering my hair has been the same for 3 months, and just now i'm noticing a change, i'd say there's a strong possibility.

I think we will see something interesting down the line.

dermaroller666

My Regimen
Reaction score
@dermaroller666 - I've been losing my hair for longer than 10 years now (I'm 38). I used Minoxidil for 2 years with no appreciable new hair growth. I do believe it helped to maintain in that time though.

As for not taking pictures, I think that is the wrong idea. Your eyes/memory are worse at keeping track of progress than pictures. Unless you have some insane growth ... it will be hard to distinguish things to your baseline in a short period of time. Numberman said he would have given up after a few months had it not been for his photos that showed he was actually making progress. From the front - looking at my hairline in the mirror, I don't perceive much change in my hair... yet the top-down photos of my crown show that hair is finally growing again. It is a weird thing ... I look in the mirror and say that I don't see yet what I want to see, yet I look at progress pictures and I know things are headed in the right direction. I highly recommend taking photos to accurately track your progress.
I will take pictures of my head now and if I see clear progress, I will take pictures

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Itching and shedding everywhere. I have lost a lot of density. I am sad to report that I have almost given up all hope. I have buzzed my head down to a #2. Good news is that it barely looks like I'm balding. I'll still be continuing treatment. Maybe I'll regrow whatever I'm shedding - who knows? Good luck, bros.

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second session of dermarrolling with 1.5 mm and the redness goes away after 10 minutes. Does that mean I'm not doing it right? Should I buy 1.75 mm next time? Right now It hurts only a little bit

j4r0d

Reaction score
I am diffuse thinner (36yo), on duta .5mg, minoxidil 2x per day and started microneedling with derminator for almost 4 month (each session is 1.75mm during 11min the whole head).
So far, the result is not great, I am still losing ground and my hair is thinning. I found out it's quite interesting how needling in the hairline can be painful whereas needling in the crown (top rear) of the head is really "feeling good". Thus, I think I am probably more needling the feeling good area than the painful one. Surprisingly, the area where I stay longer (because not painful) is now definitely much worse than my hair line. I am still a NW2 and a picture would not really feel dramatic for most big Norwood (even though with direct light I can see through my scalp easily). Overall, I can feel just by moving my fingers in my hair that the density is worse than before starting needling.
I will continue needling anyway as it seems there is no better alternative than my current regimen (until f*****g shiseido or tsuji shows up). My hairloss has been quite aggressive for the past 6 month, so I won't blame the needling if I end up shaving my head. I am now skeptical if needling provides any benefit at all (for me).

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
crazy how people lose hair on dutasteride, it's not fair. on the other hand NW2 at 36 is a dream
Took finasteride for 2 years and min for 2. No changes. Then switched to duta about an year ago. 1 year on duta. No changes. It do be like that sometimes. Genes. Bloody genes!

Kev123

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost 3 months in and I've noticed that the hairs I'm shedding are thicker and darked... How concerned should I be about that? I am shedding less however but only slightly. Even when I experienced MASSIVE regrowth I've shed consistently ever since I started losing hair. The only distinction how much I'm shedding

Just quoting you to compliment you on your username and avatar. I actually laughed.

CuredMouse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent stopped shedding since I started needling 2 months and 1/2 ago. Nevertheless, these hairs are thicker and darker, and my hair looks better, so "let them fall!"
My hair looks "better" but I can't point out anything in particular that is different. I can't say "Oh that wasn't there before and now it is", it just looks better, but at the same time I'm less happy with it. I think I'm just starting to realize how bad it's looked this entire time now that it's clear I can do something about it which makes me impatient, and I don't think I'll be satisfied for a while. Nonetheless I'll keep going

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First for the most, i’m diffuse thinner, i lost a lot of ground before my hair line receding, so i don’t look like i’m balding.
It’s been 61 days(8 sessions) since i started the Microneedling. First 3 sessions were done by dermastamp, 1.5 mm, Rogaine on hairline only, and after that my dermapen arrived (A7) i’ve done 12 needls 1.5 mm rogaine on hairline only.
I’m currently taking the finasteride, trinov, seti(will drop this once the one i finish the last batch). My scalp feels itchy until like 3 days from each session, did any successful user having the same experience?
The thing that i’m most curious about is that when will i see any results?? I saw some people saw the results after a month, i’m worried that i won’t see anything from this too.

Last edited:

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
First for the most, i’m diffuse thinner, i lost a lot of ground before my hair line receding, so i don’t look like i’m balding.
It’s been 61 days(8 sessions) since i started the Microneedling. First 3 sessions were done by dermastamp, 1.5 mm, Rogaine on hairline only, and after that my dermapen arrived (A7) i’ve done 12 needls 1.5 mm rogaine on hairline only.
I’m currently taking the finasteride, trinov, seti(will drop this once the one i finish the last batch). My scalp feels itchy until like 3 days from each session, did any successful user having the same experience?
The thing that i’m most curious about is that when will i see any results?? I saw some people saw the results after a month, i’m worried that i won’t see anything from this too.
It's easy to get disappointed and feel discouraged when others see results early and you are worried you might not see any. I struggle with it too. But remember that our bodies are different, so is the pattern of our hairloss. Whenever I feel discouraged I just to go @overpourgoodfortune 's results thread to reinvigorate myself. Some guys with incredible results like chen have been following this regimen daily for 2 years.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's easy to get disappointed and feel discouraged when others see results early and you are worried you might not see any. I struggle with it too. But remember that our bodies are different, so is the pattern of our hairloss. Whenever I feel discouraged I just to go @overpourgoodfortune 's results thread to reinvigorate myself. Some guys with incredible results like chen have been following this regimen daily for 2 years.
How long did it take for you too see any results?

tressful11

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long did it take for you too see any results?
I actually dermarolled for almost 7-8 months without much improvement. I was about to give up on it until I came across this thread recently. I have now added daily scalp massages to my regimen and daily mild rolling with no bleeding using 1mm dermaroller (I am following @chen 's regimen). I have not noticed any huge improvements but very minor improvement in density after a buzz cut. Keeping my hopes up. Won't give up until I've tried this for a year or two.

Bitless

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually dermarolled for almost 7-8 months without much improvement. I was about to give up on it until I came across this thread recently. I have now added daily scalp massages to my regimen and daily mild rolling with no bleeding using 1mm dermaroller (I am following @chen 's regimen). I have not noticed any huge improvements but very minor improvement in density after a buzz cut. Keeping my hopes up. Won't give up until I've tried this for a year or two.
Thanks, mate!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Second session of dermarrolling with 1.5 mm and the redness goes away after 10 minutes. Does that mean I'm not doing it right? Should I buy 1.75 mm next time? Right now It hurts only a little bit
Hola amigo madrileño. :)
How many times do you do your scalp?
So about itching meaning results, I'm thinking... What if someone's never had the infamous chronic itching? Cause I've never had much of that. Slow balder. 7 years in and NW3.