Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 364 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Hairo

Hairo New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey do you know how dermapens /rolling etc is used on acne scars .Do you think it would be good for FUE / Strip scars etc

2. Hairo

Hairo New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've been on Min for 10 years added in needling at start of this thread.

ToLGuy likes this.
  3. Dar

Dar Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    365 pages ...lmao

Left4bald, MirinBrah, CuredMouse and 2 others dislike this.
  4. 9982

9982 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sounds like you need to get to the Dermatologist and get some cortisone cream. It sounds like once you get that under control you can treat your hairloss. But Alex Somebody said that he had the same issue. Get inflammation under control

5. Iah11

Iah11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm seeing results but the pain is so bad it demotivates me from doing sessions! is the pen better than the roller for pain? any user experiences?

6. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey man.
    There's no definitive answer to that. Some people will tell you a pen is less painful. Others will tell you the opposite. In short; it varies from person to person. So you'd have to try it yourself. That'd be the best option!
    Good luck!

7. zinny999

zinny999 Member

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    So the infection is to my Eyelids, both to left and right.
    MY eye pupils were 100% ok, but it seems my tear duct was blocked and a lare pimple like cyst developed.
    So applying Min/Ru/ should be avoided for 3-4 days. I'm scared now to try dermrolling again at home. May go to therapy clinic and get professionals to do it.

I was going to attach my eye infection picture, but is imgur blocked on this site? how about Reddit?

I just had to paste it here, it won't link as an attached link.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/jWx2n7W

#7267 zinny999, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  8. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @zinny999 Damn, you have styes. Those can be painful. I've had those before many years ago - well before I was on Minoxidil.

Wash/clean your eyelids with Johnson's baby shampoo on a hot cloth. The cause is typically from bacteria ... which Btw can also be from seborrheic dermatitis.

Use hot washcloths as a warm compression multiple times per day until they get better... do it lots! Those bastards can harden and turn into 'chalazion' cysts if left untreated. Ask me how I know! I had to have multiple surgically removed.

My theory is that it was due to a really bad flare up of Seborrheic Dermatitis. I used coconut oil on my face at the time and that was food for the SD fungus, no different than they feed on your sebum oil. Anyways - it really irritated my eyes and I developed styes.

zinny999 likes this.
  9. zinny999

zinny999 Member

Dislikes Received:
    You're correct and it is one of the small oil glands within the eyelid (internal hordeolum). Again never had this happen before. Not sure if it was due to Dermarolling, but the coincidence is that this, happened the first time (styes) during the same week as I was rolling.

Rolling had great result, it stop my hair shedding by 50-60%, just not sure is worth the sacrafice for chances to have damn f*****g styes in my eyes.

10. rizaster

rizaster Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sorry for being dense, but im not understanding the connection between dermarolling, apply minoxidil/ru afterwards, which results in an eye infection. Can you explain?

Edit: just saw your message above.

11. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Styes can be a result of dry eyes as well - the eyelids not being able to excrete the typically liquidy substance from the tear ducts. Instead it is tougher than usual and gets stuck.

I'm not sure if Minoxidil could be related or not... but worth looking into.

I can only share my experience with styes - and my opinion for myself was it was related to uncontrolled seb/derm. I do remember finding some studies which did talk about a correlation.

zinny999 likes this.
  12. Drextez

Drextez Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    most people dont get infections with microneedling if they use 70% rubbing alcohol before and after using the tools and if they wash the target area. Minoxidil is most likely clean if its kirkland or rogaine or just a known brand.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do you get your RU?

(Im not sure about it) There is not alot of people using it.

and most guys i heard using it said it's banned in many countries.

maybe its the sourcing of the ''drug''--------- maybe the RU isnt really made in a lab with top grade pro hygene guidelines and you got unlucky

sure microneedling didnt help, but something defenitely got into your system

just throwing ideas out there

13. Losingitsince14

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Just curious why so many people are needling without min, when the studies supported the idea that it greatly improves its effectiveness. Theres also a good amount of people who said min didn't work for them in the past but has worked when they combine it with needling

14. zinny999

zinny999 Member

Dislikes Received:
    @HairForceOne @overpourgoodfortune @rizaster - I can see that some of you had a history of eye infections.
    This is my first, I been using Rogaine+RU for over 3 years and never had any issue with stye in my eyes.

I have also Done Derma rolling but very shallow at .25 just to see if I can handle dermarolling.
    Recently I bought derma pen .5 as I heard this would give me best result.
    For first 3 weeks, YES it was just as anyone have mentioned. My shedding almost halted.

Everytime I apply minoxidil or RU I used to see around 40-50 hairs on my hands and the facial tub.

After rolling for 3 weeks I barely see more than 20-15 hairs/
    I got really excited and this time I added RU in after each rolling, not just normal amout but atleast double 1ml. Around 2ml and then that's when my first stye occur on the left eye. Then it went away after 5 days. I stop everything rolling/minoxidil/ru/.

Then I restarted 2 weeks later with just Mnox, after a week I re added RU. Then I add Rolling again, just less then 2-3 days after rolling another stye appear.

So yes it could be coincidence, I'm not claiming fact as I need to see doctor again. This is really just a warning.

15. jared garnith

jared garnith Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Did anyone who took oral minoxidil and not have success have success with microneedling/min?

16. zinny999

zinny999 Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Drextez - I use Kane RU 5%.
    https://www.thekaneshop.com - Been ordering from him for over 2 years and had some good result, never side effect except I might overdose and my nilly have some trouble getting up. However it never last more than a day.

17. Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Me Vs DiffuseThinning Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Eye problems, such as blurry vision, are a rare side effect of minoxidil. My uncle got it.

zinny999 likes this.
  18. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So after a month of no needling (and after needling for a month; 2 sessions) I can safely say that my shedding is back. They're mostly thin, miniaturized hairs. Could be some sort of coincidence but I don't think so.

19. soull

soull Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    New case of 8 sessions with Dermaroller once a week at 1.5mm. After 15 minutes Minoxidil is applied.

Attached Files:

• ao.jpg
      ao.jpg
      File size:
      73.5 KB
      Views:
    • a3.jpg
      a3.jpg
      File size:
      124.2 KB
      Views:
  20. Dat5Years