Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 363 | HairLossTalk Forums

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. zinny999

zinny999 Member

Dislikes Received:
    It seems as though dermarolling has help alot of people.

However I'm here to warn to not mix Dermaroller with anything untested. Especially RU or CB03 or even minoxidil.
    Becasue it could have huge impact on your body.

Since I started Derm Rolling in Dec, I had AWESOME result. My hairs stop falling off and seem like a lot less hair in showers, on the pillow. Or simply every morning when styling my hair.
    However I decided to start using RU in conjuctions and since then I had 3x Eyes infections.

Two to my Left and now the 3rd on my right. I have never had this happen to me my entire life and is the first Time I have ever seen this.
    The doctor told me he have no idea what RU is and certianly to never touch it again.

The first time it happend the condition was much worst, however yesterday was much less impact.
    However I have also stop rolling for last 4 weeks as I got really scared.

All I can say is be very careful when doing home therapy such as this.

[​IMG]

2. rizaster

rizaster Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Think about it, your hair cant grow thicker while its there. It needs to shed, each time gets pushed out by another hair, the hair new hair is thicker.

In the almost two months ive started rolling, im about to enter my 3rd shed cycle. Each time the shedding ends, ive noticed my hair thicker than baseline. Before rolling, my shedding cycle would last for about 3 months, and then a decrease in shedding for about 2 weeks before starting up again in terms of shedding. Aftter each cycle, my hair would looks worse. It is simply now working in reverse.

That being said, i do now question the theory of fibrosis build up and blood vessel loss , resulting in hair loss. Two reasons for this. 1) the ones responding, are seeing results within 2-3 months, i dont think thats enough time to break down fibrosis and create blood vessels to regrow hair. 2) the fibrosis theory doesnt really explain varying patterns of hairloss and speeds of hairloss, which can vary even within a person.

Warning: broscience ahead.

Another theory for male pattern baldness is that it is an autoimmune disease. Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease that results in patch hairloss. Perhaps male pattern baldness is just another form of this. Thats possibly where needling comes into play, it resets the computer. This is basically how autoimmune diseases are treated, medicine supresses the immune system, symptoms subside and often times if the symptoms are dormant for a long enough time, you can get off the medicine because the immmune system resets and reprograms itself not to attack healthy cells. Needling could be creating a similar reaction here.

infinitepain, Armando Jose and keepit like this.
  3. Longway886

Longway886 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Been on and off for years with no reaults at all before needling, i've updated my post with this info

ToLGuy and ImpedingReceding like this.
  4. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Were you applying these topicals straight after needling?

5. HairForceOne

HairForceOne Member

Dislikes Received:
    I, like many others here, wonder if rolling + min could stop hair loss and help to keep hair (and possibly regrow some). I have been documenting my hair loss for years now and in my case, just Min + Keto have halted my loss. I have always believed anti-inflammation theory what comes to hair loss so rolling as well as keto fits here well.

Here you can see comparison of my hair from 05/2012 (left) and 02/2019 (right) so there is almost 7 years between those pics. It seems min + keto helped to stop receding but improved hair texture and color quite a bit. This might be encouraging to people who cant take finasteride, like myself.

Now with rolling I think I am at least improving what comes to hair texture/hair quality. I believe it helps min substantially, so that would mean I could keep my hair for longer now. It is still early days though so maybe rolling will have more substantial benefits in a coming months.

Attached Files:

6. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So minoxidil and the keto diet right? That's all you did for maintenance?

7. HairForceOne

HairForceOne Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am sorry for not being clear, I mean keto-shampoo (Nizoral etc.), not keto diet. I have also tested Nizoral-cream now which I find superior compared to shampoo. I do believe that good diet is essential for a good hair (and body of course) though.

But that is all I have used religiously during these years. I have also tested finasteride for a very short periods but had to give it up because of bad sides. Just to be clear, I am using Rogaine Foam 5% once a day and Nizoral Shampoo 2% 1-2 per week. nizoral cream whenever I feel inflammation on my scalp.

Pigeon likes this.
  8. ImpedingReceding

ImpedingReceding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How long have you been needling?
    '

9. HairForceOne

HairForceOne Member

Dislikes Received:
    Almost 8 weeks. I needle with Derminator 1,5mm.

ImpedingReceding likes this.
  10. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @zinny999 - Interesting. I don't think anyone else has reported anything like that. I'm not saying it is coincidence, but that is a possibility too.

What kind of eye infection is it exactly? You had this assessed by a Doctor?

11. HairForceOne

HairForceOne Member

Dislikes Received:
    @zinny999 Well that is interesting because I also had just eye infection! This was probably first time in a decade or two. Probably need to be more cautious now.

Thanks for letting us know.

zinny999 likes this.
  12. Spanishboy97

Spanishboy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @HairForceOne have you ever consider a trasplant, since your situation haven't changed in all those years?

13. ComeBackTemples

ComeBackTemples Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So you combined shampoo with Creme in parallel? Could you please let me know how long you left the shampoo on you hair before washing it out.

How often did you apply the cream, did you just apply it in your temples? You just leave this on your skin right and you dont remove it?

Hope the questions are not too silly :D

14. itsjustsimon

itsjustsimon Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So, people, I'm back to share my experience. I've been dermarolling from End of August 2018 + minoxidil. I also added dutasteride instead of finasteride.

My hair loss is worse than ever. Middle of the scalp is literally bald. My hairline is shittier week by week.

I've been doing 'Somebody's method', dermarolling with 1.5mg every day. Insane inflammation on the scalp, it literally hurts if I touch it.

I will try 1.5mg Dr. Pen once a week and drop dermarolling every day. I'm afraid of another shed.

Don't know what to do to be honest. Probably will try to add some RU on CB in the mix and oral minoxidil. I don't know.

Keep rolling.

theotherusero, Capone and Headdy like this.
  15. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @itsjustsimon - 1.5mm daily sounds a bit much to me. Listen to your body. The scalp needs to heal with that depth in my opinion.

itsjustsimon likes this.
  16. ImpedingReceding

ImpedingReceding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What is your sterilization process like?

I use a new cartridge every time and i shower then drench my head in alcohol before beginning

17. itsjustsimon

itsjustsimon Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    i use this for sterilization. Not sure if ok

Attached Files:

18. HairForceOne

HairForceOne Member

Dislikes Received:
    @Spanishboy97 Yes I have. I almost pulled a trigger for hair transplant two years ago but cancelled procedure. I might do it this year though, I am still doing my research. I am bit worried about my donor which might not be strong enough for long term plan if I choose to go for hair transplant route.

@ComeBackTemples I shampoo with Nizoral typically once a week. I tend to keep it on my head for at least 5 minutes if not longer. It depends on how inflammated my scalp feels. I use nizoral cream every time I feel even a bit of DHT itch or inflammation - usually in my mid-scalp and hairline where I also apply cream. I just let it absorb and do not wash it away at all.

I trialled nizoral cream 5 months ago and applied it every other day for two months. At least it reduced inflammation substantially and made my hair look quite dark and healthy. I probably need to hop on same cycle again if I could pull off same results again.

Attached Files:

ComeBackTemples and Spanishboy97 like this.
  19. Ryko

Ryko Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just wanted to share this article maybe it can shed some light:

Why dermaneedling/dermarolling can not cause skin cancer
    In order for cancer to occur, a DNA strand need to be fully severed, which is referred to as a double-strand break. Single-strand breaks can be easily and quickly repaired by the body. Double strand breaks can occur as an effect of ionizing radiation, aggressive chemicals, viral infection or even mechanical cutting action, as is the case with asbestos fibres smaller than 1m, because that is a size small enough to be able to penetrate a chromosome. In addition to their small diameter, asbestos fibres, due to their crystalline nature, are perfect knives in the sense that their cutting edge is perfectly sharp and straight on the molecular level, and thus able to cut DNA like a razor blade cuts a strawberry.

It would stand to reason to assume that needles would similarly be able to cause cancer, but fortunately that is not the case, otherwise tattoo artists would have gone out of business a long time ago due to class action lawsuits, legislation and insurance companies refusing to insure them, and people would warn against getting tattoos because everyone would know that they would increase the risk of skin cancer, which they don't.

The reason needles can't cause DNA damage is because even the sharpest needle tips are so big, compared to our chromosomes, that it would be like trying to cut a strawberry with the blunt end of a broken banana. This is the point of a needle in comparison to a red blood cell:

Chromosomes are about the same size as red blood cells. It's clear to anyone with a grasp of basic physics that it is impossible for a needle to even make a dent in a chromosome, let alone break the molecular bonds in its very much smaller DNA strands. The tip of the needle would simply push the chromosome out of its way, especially on such a microscopic scale, where mass inertia decreases by the third power of the linear size (diameter) of the structures. Cutting a DNA strand with a needle tip would be literally as hard as cutting a steel cable with a piece of styrofoam the size of the Empire State Building. It is a physical impossibility - the laws of physics prevent it.

It is theoretically possible though that there is a greater chance that the UV from the sun causes cancer in freshly needled skin, because it can be imagined that the UV can easier reach "open" skin. That is why the skin has to be protected against the sun, a couple of days after dermaneedling. But the needling itself can do no harm.

20. Hairo

Hairo New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey do you know how dermapens /rolling etc is used on acne scars .Do you think it would be good for FUE / Strip scars etc