Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 361 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. kirklandism

kirklandism Member

Dislikes Received:
    Almost 30 years ago, when my hair was first starting to recede, I visited a local practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine for advice. He sold me a tiny little wooden mallet with small needles embedded in it along with some topical herbs mixed into a very smelly liquid. He told me to tap my head daily with the mallet in the balding areas and then apply the medicine. I lasted one day and thought it was a ridiculous procedure that would never work.

2. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That ancient wisdom...

Funny we're rediscovering this now with a more modern approach, using dermapens.

3. rizaster

rizaster Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I currently do .25 mm twice a week and apply minoxidil right after in a addition to once a week 1.5mm wounding. There is a slght burn when apply minoxidil but nothing major.

I may up the frequency of .25mm rolling to once a day or perhaps keep it at twice a week but use a .5mm roller

Ive been in ninixidil for over a year, and have alsways been shedding since my hairloss. Since dermarolling almost 2 months ago, my shedidng has finally decreased and my diffuse hair loss is starting to fill in , waiting until the 3 month mark to post pics (march 22nd)

4. orange86

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    when you do the 1.5mm wounding, do you stop using regaine for 24 hours?

i have a receding hair line and temples are thinning one side more than the other weirdly.
    do you think derma rolling and regaine will help hairline and temples?

i might go on same protocol as you.

5. Iah11

Iah11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Right i was thinking of making a post with a summary of all my posts in this thread. Im at the 8 week mark in 3 days. Seems to be working for me. I dont wanna jinx it. Noticed a lot of people writing this off. But look through my post history. Ive been here for a while and this dermarolling was literally my last hope. Done everything from finasteride to RU to OC. Posting my first ever picture reluctantly, to prove the recent doubters wrong and encourage any lurkers to give this a go. I dont have a before pic but i circled the new growth, you'll have to take my word. Maybe ill update again in a month or two.

Attached Files:

6. Iah11

Iah11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If the new hairs become normal density and thickness, id be a NW0 again. Also worth mentioning existing hair is thickening so the positive effect is massive overall

Just to clarify previous post: im not currently on anything except minoxidil.

#7206 Iah11, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  7. chen

chen Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I do not remember, I think it was in April / May 2017 that I bought minoxidil, 2 months later it includes supplements,
    I started using dermaroller in July / August 2017
    seeing my requests, on June 21, 2017 I bought kirkland, it took almost 1 month to arrive, before I used only national minoxidil.
    in February 2018 includes finasteride
    I only used dermaroller 1.0 mm.
    2 times per day
    6 months after using the minoxidil I made sure that it was growing hair, very fine yarn nothing exciting.
    when it included the dermaroller I felt that the head was scratching a lot more, and it was the signal to me that the minoxidil was working much better and I did not stop anymore

benjt2 and LowHairLine like this.
  8. layabout

layabout Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    is anyone here a programmer?

#7208 layabout, Feb 18, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  9. CuredMouse

CuredMouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The formula I use is this:
    Mix 5 drops of sandalore in 30ml of propylene glycol and let it sit for 24 hours, then pour in 30ml of ethyl alcohol. That's all there is to it!

Monolayer, kungfukenny and Headdy like this.
  10. 9982

9982 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am also getting lots of oddly shaped white hairs coming out. Also some dark but they are smaller than the white ones. I can see them growing below my hairline and within my regular hair, like grass with some kind of weeds taking over.
    Now I am sure that this is minoxidil hair(3 months in) but the weekly needling is definitely not hurting my hair.
    Do these the hairs become permanent? How long does it take? Or do they just stay like that. Will they fall out eventually? And be replaced?
    I use minoxidil with finasteride topical right after needling. 2x/day

LowHairLine likes this.
  11. rizaster

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I do not wait 24 hours. There are differing opinions on this, with many saying you should wait so minoxidil doesnt go systematic. My perspective is, if your not bleeding, you dont have an open wound, and so it shouldnt go systematic. That being said im not a doctor and so i could be totally wrong in this. I wait about an hour or so to apply minoxidil after wounding.

I dont see why rolling and minoxidil wouldnt help your hairline. Im seeing growth in my hairline as well but still not where it will make a cosmetic difference. But i have high expectations that will fill out.

12. rizaster

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I am

13. coolio

coolio Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Everything goes systemic, including minoxidil applied on undamaged skin. It's only a matter of degree.

Dermarolling with 0.5mm needles is known to increase penetration of topicals.

It's wise to give the needle wounds some time to close up before applying topicals.
    How much time? That probably depends on the person, the needle depth, and the topical.

rizaster likes this.
  14. orange86

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hi Coolio, so if I derma roll 2x a week using 0.5mm, would it be unwise to apply regaine straight after?

What's your regime ?

15. Bitless

Bitless Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Whoever can’t see your improvement, he/she is just hating on you for getting regrowth

overpourgoodfortune likes this.
  16. ghosthairkillah

ghosthairkillah Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not only do you have re-growth, your hair looks healthy. I'm only about 10 days in and I feel like my hair is healthier and perhaps a little bit denser too.

17. Gardy

Gardy Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    If this is true, it is really astonishing. I wonder how many of those "ancient wisdoms" actually work but modern medicine has not discovered them yet or is rejecting them.

On a side note, I just got my 0.5 mm and 1.5 mm dermapens today, it's time to give them a try. Will continue to follow this thread and add my experience along everyone else's that are posting here.

Cheers

overpourgoodfortune and Headdy like this.
  18. overpourgoodfortune

overpourgoodfortune Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Right?! I noticed that early on as well - despite shedding. What hair there was - seemed to be a little perkier, more alive. FWIW - the hair on top of my head was growing at a very slow rate. I'd go 3 haircuts usually (~3 months) before getting anything trimmed on top at the barber. I'd get the sides/back done but it was just so dead up there it. It was the same way when I was on Minoxidil only for 2 years. Slow on top. It's still not the same rate yet - but feels more like I'll be getting a trim on top for every 2 haircuts on the sides/back.

I can see my hair was lighter and more dead in my before pictures and also from my memory it was a lighter shade in colour and yet I have black hair.

#7218 overpourgoodfortune, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Drextez and ghosthairkillah like this.
  19. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand how in hell it makes sense to do it daily. No way it has fully healed within a day, so same logic as overtraining on the gym applies. Also inflammation levels would probably build up. Somebody goes at an undetermined depth since he uses a 1.5mm dermastamp but "goes subtle" so who knows. That is assuming he isn't a scammer of sorts.

I also still think "shedding" is a meme. If the follicle was improving it would just starting growing thicker, not doing some sort of reset as if it was a computer.

20. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    So are you selling that on amazon?