Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
@ryan r - his topical contains dutasteride as well, FWIW
Sure, I just thought the bloody pic looks really fake. Cant tell if its him in the before and after. Also, dude comes out of nowhere. IDK. I hope its legit ofc!

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't hear nobody in this thread talking about iodine. In the indian study they put betadine(a iodine form) on the scalp. I think this is a underrated point. If u remember 2young2retire also use betadine.
But there is more. In a 2005 case study they investigate about topical iodine(lugol) on wound regeneration and they discover the possibility of hair rigeneration.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.re..._A_case_report_An_interim_35_year_summary/amp

". Not all, but most important results are presented. Topical iodine induces hair growth in and around scars."

Also Cotsarelis in one of the follica's patent talk about apply some topical on induced wound. In the list of this topical he includes iodine ond others similar element like lithium.

Resuming : i think we must consider iodine and his derivates (betadine, lugol) not only like disinfectant, but also for their active role in hair regrowth.

This is a great point

This thread is mostly full of junk and discussing the same thing over and over, the results people are posting are amazing but for the most part everything else is just fluff.

Its crazy that this is the first bit of info we have had that no one has discussed where something could be applied that actually helps and has been proven to help by the studies even Cotsarelis confirmed and people just gloss over this and ignor it to start asking about the same old sh*t discussed already- frequency and "does needling work or does it not work". The forum should be used for learning to help with possible results not speculating over nothing.

Guys lets look into this more as it could be beneficial to everyone trying this

@jh0nnyc4sh Did you find anywhere to source this from I had a quick search but cant find anything yet within the uk

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think st this point, it’s safe to say that the infrequency of results from different users only adds to the argument of there being many different causes to hairloss. I have been needling + minoxidil for over 4 mos now, and have only gotten worse. I only had slight thinning in my hairline. When I started it was almost unnoticeable. Now, 4 mos in, its much more noticeable. Yet, diffuse thinners, or people with more severe loss have gotten some great results. Yet again we are seeing that hairloss continues to not allow us a one size fits all solution.

Also remember lots of people have had sheds / have sheds. I think if it’s got worse at 4 months for you, you owe it to yourself to try get that loss back with another 4 months.

Good luck bro!

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
hey guys, some crazy great results recently - I like that.
I got 2 questions:

1. how in the hell can you get the scalp so bloody? Last time I did like 1.75 - 2mm like 5 times in the same spot for at least a second or two
and it is only pink.

2. do you think dermarolling can help with gray hair? Anybody experienced that?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I just skimmed through all the good responders and am I right in saying that they all went at least 2mm?

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, I just thought the bloody pic looks really fake. Cant tell if its him in the before and after. Also, dude comes out of nowhere. IDK. I hope its legit ofc!

He actually posted a couple months ago in the success stories thread. Someone brought it to our attention a month or so ago. Not sure how many people saw it though.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Wounding heavy once in while shouldn’t scare people away. It doesn’t mean you have to do it long term. Wounding for regrowth is going to be different than maitenance.

2young wounded heavy now doesn’t even wound at all. Or very infrequently.

Norwood Recovery

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I just skimmed through all the good responders and am I right in saying that they all went at least 2mm?
I can’t be certain, as I’m only 3 needle sessions in, doing my 4th tomorrow... but man my hair feels so much healthier and thicker when I comb through it. It could be the fresh haircut I got a few days ago but I think I’m starting to respond. Can’t wait to see where I’m at in 6 months. I’m going 1.5 mm deep btw but I’m getting some good blood pricks.

Attachments

• 05901FFC-B716-4FF5-9BF7-17B3D188CAC7.jpeg
    05901FFC-B716-4FF5-9BF7-17B3D188CAC7.jpeg
    111.2 KB · Views: 909
  • AD0A9A10-0A47-4231-A349-E3EF27DD514F.jpeg
    AD0A9A10-0A47-4231-A349-E3EF27DD514F.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 875

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
chen was 1mm

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is just guess work but i assume from what we have seen so far that any amount of damage will create the healing response that leads to the regrowth we have seen. But tiny damage gives tiny results, so the more damage you do (up to a point) the more of the bodies response that benefits hair follicles we will see.
The body doesn´t discriminate between damages that occur once a day or once a week, it just gets to work repairing. I think there is so much left to learn about this , there is probably some sort of goldilock zone for amount of damage (depth) and frequency but it will take a lot of studies with a lot of subjects to work that out

nohairnolife

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But took years?
Maybe. I'm just saying not all the great responders were 2mm. 2young and MTC for example also were not. I don't think we should try to set hard and fast rules for things like that we don't really fully understand yet. I am writing a longer post with what we do know for sure from posters with photos

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cant wait to see what Follica's protocol is. ..not not necessarily when they release to market but just some insight into what depth and frequency they decide.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright guys. I executed my hardest needling session yet. A butchering similar to some of the more extreme one's on here. Ill let you know my results. I'm experimenting with this because I'm convinced wounding causes hair regeneration. Wounding is necessary for regrowth, although the intensity varies person to person and hair types(see numbers guy and 2young for two examples)

I'm 100% fine. Isopropyl alcohol to sanitize roller before and after. Betadine on scalp while and after rolling. Complete hair and hand washing. I'm good. It was intense.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone else have really different results in the front and on the crown?

Just did my 3rd session, again 1mm. Front hurt like a motherfucker again, I only did horizontal + vertical and just couldn't bear a 3rd time. Then as soon as I hit past a certain line it just stopped hurting completely, like it was actually just soothing. I thought I was holding the needles too diagonal so really focused on that but no matter what I did it didn't hurt at all.

Look at this picture, it's almost a straight line where the blood stops. https://i.imgur.com/20BOVCr.png

Next time I'm gonna do 1mm front and 1.5mm on the back, see if that makes a difference. Will also be interesting if I maybe see results on the front half first (if I see any to begin with)

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just did my 3rd session, again 1mm. Front hurt like a motherfucker again, I only did horizontal + vertical and just couldn't bear a 3rd time. Then as soon as I hit past a certain line it just stopped hurting completely, like it was actually just soothing. I thought I was holding the needles too diagonal so really focused on that but no matter what I did it didn't hurt at all.

Look at this picture, it's almost a straight line where the blood stops. https://i.imgur.com/20BOVCr.png

Next time I'm gonna do 1mm front and 1.5mm on the back, see if that makes a difference. Will also be interesting if I maybe see results on the front half first (if I see any to begin with)

The front ofnmy head and sides hurts the most. My vertex and crown, i can go to town on and it feels amazing I also have the least bleeding there and most hairloss

Last edited:

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you guys think it's ok to leave betadine on your scalp while you roll? That's what i did tonight. Then rinsed and reapplied for another 10 minutes.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score

Holy sh*t. That’s pretty interesting!!!

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also remember lots of people have had sheds / have sheds. I think if it’s got worse at 4 months for you, you owe it to yourself to try get that loss back with another 4 months.

Good luck bro!
Definitely still hammering, but it’s doscouraging.