Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 360 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    @overpourgoodfortune . There is definitely results.... and think about it. Imagine you can compound those results going forward. Would be a homerun. Good to see things going in a positive direction for alot of people here lately.

As for the cancer concerns. I just view it like this. Would a company like follica and the all star research team really put together something they know could cause cancer? Even if they could do something to "get around" potential issues with cancer, it would be a tough sell to people. From a marketability and a legal standpoint i just don't think it would make sense.

Alot of things "can cause cancer". As mentioned, people have been needling their faces for a while now. Yes we needle more often, but remember were still experimenting. For maintenance i don't think we'll to needle more than once a month. For regrowth? Who knows, could be the same.

kiwi666 likes this.
  2. layabout

layabout Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Time for me to post some pics I've never posted before. This was one of the most crucial aspects of this dermarolling experiment for me. To see if it would work on my diffuse sides... something very few people with normal male pattern baldness experience.

And, I have to say, it was a success.

My sides looked so shot to hell and diffuse and now they look restored:

#7182 layabout, Feb 17, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  3. EndlessPossibilities

EndlessPossibilities Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hollyshit. Dude my sides are thin too. This is dermarolling plus minoxidil? I really want to avoid minoxidil I am dermarolled my sides today. I wonder if being on finasteride will make a difference.

Norwood Recovery likes this.
  4. Norwood Recovery

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How long did it take to get these results? And were you using minoxidil on the sides aswell? I may throw this into my sessions. Fantastic results!

5. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah. Since the beginning I have dermarolled and applied minoxidil on my entire head lol
    except for the back, i have no thinning in the back

every night I apply .75mL to cover the temples, hairline, top, and crown.
    and then .25mL to each side of my head

so 1.25mL in total every day.

and yeah I've gone the HARDEST with the Derminator on my sides.

kiwi666, albert and LowHairLine like this.
  6. EndlessPossibilities

EndlessPossibilities Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Damn I feel like that’s the most painful spot to dermaroll the sides. I legit bought lidocaine cause I am a baby lol.

Considering the sides will never disappear I wonder if I should put some minoxidil there I just don’t want it to spread to the rest of my scalp.

We shall see if dermarolling my sides with finasteride will make a difference.

How often you dermaroll. I am dermarolling once a week

7. layabout

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    once a week pretty much
    some weeks twice

LowHairLine likes this.
  8. albert

albert Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I also have thinning sides and have been skipping wounding there for no particular reason but I’ll now start doing it in there as well. When I have buzzed hair it’s harder to notice it’s thinner but as soon as it grows a little it’s not very aesthetic. Although sides is always interesting - some NW0 or 1 have thinning sides but otherwise fullhead. Thanks for sharing!

9. benjt2

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Of course. The data is "public domain", anyone can do with it whatever they want.

Regarding my own results: They continue to be as non-existent as before. I am now 4 months in, still no results whatsoever. Want to report them again though as people were suggesting non-responders at the 4 month mark are only due to a lack of minoxidil.
    To recap my regime:
    • Weekly electric dermaneedling at 1.75 mm (only in affected areas, i.e. front and temples, plus 2 cm into my remaining hair and 2 cm below hairline)
    • minoxidil 5% (rogaine) once a day
    • Added scalp massages one month ago, haven't been doing them as regularly as I would have liked
    • No results at all at 4 month mark

The new results published by @chen are very encouraging though. Basically he is doing what @Somebody (Alex) was doing very successfully. Maybe higher frequency is really the way to go? Or maybe, to reap the benefits of both deep but seldom needling and of shallow but more frequent needling, we could try to follow a hybrid approach? I was thinking as follows:
    • needle deeply, at 1.75 mm
    • let your skin heal for one week
    • now needle daily at 1.0 mm for one week
    • repeat
    Basically, we would be alternating between deep and seldom needling, and shallow daily needling.
    Opinions?

Thanks a lot @chen for not only answering our questions, but also for posting very helpful and insightful photos! Obrigado!

@chen could you answer the following questions, so we can get a better picture of your whole process and progress?
    1. When did you start dermaneedling? (month + year)
    2. Since when do you use minoxidil? (month + year)
    3. Since when do you use finasteride? (month + year)
    4. What kind of device do you use for dermaneedling? (roller / stamp / electric pen)
    5. Which length are your needles? (in mm)
    6. How often do you needle?
    7. When did you see the first noticeable regrowth? (month + year)
    I created a full-blown survey for assessing/tracking everybody's progress here. I will send you the whole survey via PM. Take your time to answer it, it's a bit long.
    It would be great through if you could already answer these 7 questions.

Thanks a lot!

ToLGuy and Pigeon like this.
  10. CuredMouse

CuredMouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I.... think I'm cured? I honestly don't know what's happening but my shedding is down and it looks like I'm regrowing hair RAPIDLY. At the beginning of the year I was Norwood 2, or at least that's what I tried to believe, honestly I was a 20 year old diffused Norwood 3. Now though? Every single day it looks better, I check my hair once in the evening and once at night and each time it seems like it might be getting a little better, now though? It's obvious, and I'm shocked every time I look in the mirror. None of my family has noticed yet, or at least they haven't said anything, but I can tell that stranger's are treating me a little bit differently at work and such, more smiles, more questions etc. Unfortunately I didn't take before pictures as I couldn't stomach to look at them, or even myself, I regret that very much as I robbed myself of a definitive benchmark, however looking in the mirror now its stunning, I can't stop staring at what's happening. I keep touching my hair so much I'm sure I'm making it greasy, I used to get depressed running my hands up the back and then on top only to feel the difference in thickness, there's no such thing now. I can still see through to the scalp under intense lighting, however under ideal lighting it looks all thick and wooly. The retrograde on my sides doesn't stretch as high either. The best part though? I haven't added minoxidil as others have. I've been on it for two years already with no breaks, the only new treatments I'm employing are the new ones, microneedling and sandalore. When I added sandalore two weeks ago it really started to kick up, it seems wounding and a compound that accelerates the healing process is the winning combination. I'm going to wait until April 1st (it's just a coincidence I promise haha) which is exactly 3 months since I began my regimen to post pictures, ensuring a have enough growth that it can't be dismissed as "lighting" etc. But if it keeps up at this pace I might just have to post sooner, because the last time I looked in the mirror I GENUINELY gasped, until I brushed the bedhead "poof" away it looked just like it did when I was 17. I'm so grateful for this thread, and recommend everyone here throw sandalore into the mix as well.

11. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I’d love to see you go short again and compare your first shot back then :)

itchymadscalp and Headdy like this.
  12. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What’s the link you use to by sandalore? Also how do you prepare it / use it?

Good stuff by the way!

13. CuredMouse

CuredMouse Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    SCITUS Sandalore 10ML | Imitation Sandalwood Fragrance | CAS # 65113-99-7 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JVG8SZG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZENACbBYE4D3B

Thanks!

Mix 5 drops of this in 30ML propylene glycole, mix well and let sit for 24 hours
    Then add to 30ml ethyl alcohol and you're ready to go. Just apply 1-2ml every night and shake well before applying each time.

14. tressful11

tressful11 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How many times in a week do you guys shampoo your hair? I have very oily scalp i.e. when I massage my scalp my fingers get oily. So I am assuming I have too much sebum production. I use shampoo every alternate day. Is that enough?

15. kungfukenny

kungfukenny Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Congrats on your results man.

I’m thinking of adding sandalore to my regimen. I have a bottle of it and some ethyl alcohol. Is there anything else I should mix it with? And may I ask what ratio you are using?

Also, did u experience a shed when first using it? Thanks!

CuredMouse likes this.
  16. Trinky

Trinky New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hello,

I am a new member. I have been reading this forum for long time, and only decided to become a member now as I decided to start dermarolling+minoxidil. I am going to take pictures and participate to the experiment on this thread.

I am going to start with Derminator as soon as I receive it (waiting to receive the shipment at the moment). I will take pics before starting so I can compareat at 3/6/12 months. Going to do it every 10 days.

I have a question regarding the cartridges: how many times can be used? how exactly to clean and keep them after use?

Pigeon likes this.
  17. ImpedingReceding

ImpedingReceding Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's pretty non-aggressive i think. I would say my temples started to recede at 17, i'm 27 now. My hairline is a bit better than in the profile picture but that is where it's headed. But it's hard to say exactly how aggressive my hairloss is since i've been on finasteride on and off for many years perhaps 4-5 and dutasteride for most of 2018.
    finasteride and dutasteride makes my social anxiety and well anxiety in general way worse, didn't really connect the dots on that though until i went on dutasteride and could really feel it getting worse than when i was only on finasteride

18. Bicoastal

Bicoastal New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What kind of sandalore you are talking about, I see so many on amazon not sure which one to buy, do you mix this in minoxodil ?

thanks

19. Lele082

Lele082 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Layabout le tue foto ancora non mi convincono. gioco di luci e ombre. i capelli più lunghi secondo me non hanno una ricrescita per il tuo caso.

20. oleg

oleg Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    yes