• IMG-20190208-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20190208-WA0015.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 549

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the feedback! :)

these are incredible results.

You really think so? Great to hear this from the guy who had some of the most incredible results on this thread so far. ;)

@luen12 - nice! Definitely see some progress there. I have similar action happening close to the hairline. We can only hope those kind of changes are happening on other areas of the scalp too.

Good to hear that you’re having progress as well! My hairline is my main problem area, but overall I think I am losing much less hair now then 2 month ago, so it seems that my crown is at least maintaining for now.

I do se progress, especially when comparing the very first pic with the last one.

Great to hear, thanks. :)

I try not to be too optimistic, but it seems like thngs are slowly heading in the right direction for now and I hope there is more to come in the future (still not hit the 3 month mark yet). I really want to see how far I can come without minoxidil before starting with it to boost my results to the next level. I also started Vitamin D3 and K2 supplements today, so lets see what that‘s going to do to my scalp ;) (It‘s actually quite possible that I have at least a slight Vitamin D deficiency)

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***, i haven't microneedledin over a week. Was supposed to yesterday, but got home late. Today it is then.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So as promised, I have some new pictures for you. Marked two significant points, in red circle a pigmentation mark, the green arrow shows one of my stubborn hairs at my hairline. Started needling after the second picture. You can see my regimen in benjt2 survey thread.
I think my hairline is slowly closing in from the sides, but it is still very slow!! :rolleyes: What do you think? (It wouldn‘t be the first time for me to imagine regrowth that was in fact non-existent :confused: )

That's regrowth. IMO it is too much of a difference to write off as mistaken observations or hair cycle fluctuations.

If you went into a transplant clinic and asked for that much of a change, on the hairline, on both sides, they would call it a couple hundred grafts.

If you have gotten that result without any recent additions of finasteride/dutasteride or minoxidil within the last 6-12 months, then that's very encouraging for the microneedling concept in general.

Me Vs DiffuseThinning

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any other diffuse thinner here who is considering SMP for extra density?

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've got the same vellus for 13 years now, expect them to stay vellus
Turning vellus to terminals is kinda rare
They sprouted from using minoxidil and haven't gone terminal? I've started to get many dark and light hairs along my hairline since starting minoxidil 3 months ago but not sure if that's it. Is this the end of the line? I read that they take about a year to become grown up. If they don't get longer that would be lame

Heat06

Established Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is experiencing shedding a month or two in I encourage you to NOT give up! My hair looked noticeably worse 2 months into dermarolling and I freaked out. Decided to stick it out and now almost 3.5 months in of weekly rolling my hair looks better than it ever has! Every week my hairline is sprouting NEW hair that I haven’t seen since my early twenties. My crown is the most stubborn at the moment, but I’m just now starting to see improvement in that area. It’s so odd that my temple areas have responded so quickly with this treatment when nothing I have tried prior has EVER worked in these areas.

I can just only hope 8-12 months in with this type of progress I can be back to a NW2. I currently use minoxidil in combination with the rolling and I do apply it after every session.

Guys, stay diligent with the treatment. Wear a hat for the inbetween stages and hopefully you’ll continue to see progress.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't get to use the Derminator2 today because people came over and that sh*t is loud as f***. Tomorrow will have the day to myself so will do my weekly session which is two days late. Still zero shedding.

Hair looking healthier after I started Omega 3s from algae oil (500mg total of combined EPA + DHA), B12 drops, liquid Biotin, and D3+K2.

Also have been taking Collagen Peptides with matcha green tea as well as turmeric before bed for extreme relaxation. I'm pretty sure the collagen peptides + Biotin have made my eyelashes grow like crazy.

Anyway, hair is looking healthy so will post a mini update:

2 months ago
isso1mu.png

now
qVkGoqn.png

QdN2nR0.png

Also, PS, I do think the Collagen Peptides is a good addition to one's lifestyle. I take it essentially as a form of protein, since I cannot really tolerate other protein powders (whey/casein are disgusting and most vegan protein powders taste like sh*t)... collagen peptides have a really pleasant, understated taste and seeing as how I don't eat any red meat or chicken in my diet, this is a nice little boost (I guess I lose my vegan card now, lol, still plant-based for the most part).

I will post links to the supplements I use and the amounts just in case anyone is interested since I can foresee people are going to ask:

1) Collagen Peptides (just one tbsp daily with any milk of your choice): https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Mat...1752&sr=8-6&keywords=collagen+peptides+matcha

I bought it at a local chain store for like 12 dollars. If you live in Canada and know what Marshall's is (lol) they have tons of affordable collagen peptide powders.

2) B12 drops: https://www.amazon.com/Sublingual-V...d=1549691858&sr=8-3&keywords=b12+cherry+drops

Take 3 drops in the morning. This will last you like more than six months. Also, I prefer sublingual drop supplements because of the faster absorption and because I don't wanna put my liver through the burden of having to deal with all the fillers/binders/inactive ingredients in capsules/tablets.

3) Biotin drops: https://www.amazon.com/Strength-100...8&qid=1549691956&sr=8-3&keywords=biotin+drops

This thing will also last you forever by taking just 3-4 drops daily (around 4,000mcg)

4) Omega 3s from Algae oil: https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...UTF8&qid=1549692056&sr=8-2&keywords=nutravege

Just 1 tsp daily. It tastes really good and slightly sweet, and no algae burps.

5) D3+K2: https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Spectr...F8&qid=1549692100&sr=8-3&keywords=d3+k2+drops

These are all the supplements I take mostly because I live in a cold/sunless place and am plant-based, so can't really get them through my diet. Like today for example, there were only like 3 hours of sunlight and I wasn't even outside for them lol

Anyway, good luck with microneedling

Last edited:

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't get to use the Derminator2 today because people came over and that sh*t is loud as f***. Tomorrow will have the day to myself so will do my weekly session which is two days late. Still zero shedding.

Hair looking healthier after I started Omega 3s from algae oil (500mg total of combined EPA + DHA), B12 drops, and liquid Biotin.

Also have been taking Collagen Peptides with matcha green tea as well as turmeric before bed for extreme relaxation. I'm pretty sure the collagen peptides + Biotin have made my eyelashes grow like crazy.

2 months ago
View attachment 112077

now
View attachment 112078
View attachment 112079
In the first picture:
Is your hair about the same length? Obvious regrowth, and you show no signs of hairloss now.
Sorry for asking but how often are you applying Minoxidil ? Sorry if you answered this a hundred times already.
:oops:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the first picture:
Is your hair about the same length? Obvious regrowth, and you show no signs of hairloss now.
Sorry for asking but how often are you applying Minoxidil ? Sorry if you answered this a hundred times already.
:oops:
I apply Lipogaine (minoxidil) once daily, at night.

baldman329

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

im on my fourth session in microneedling and i think im seeing slight improvements. what do you think?

1st and 2nd session was on 1.25mm and 3rd session and 4th on 1.5mm.

Attachments

• Microneedling - 1.26.19.jpg
    Microneedling - 1.26.19.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 624
  • Microneedling - 2.4.19.jpg
    Microneedling - 2.4.19.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 648
  • Microneedling 2.8.19.jpg
    Microneedling 2.8.19.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 594

fran15

Reaction score

Hair looking healthier after I started Omega 3s from algae oil (500mg total of combined EPA + DHA), B12 drops, liquid Biotin, and D3+K2.

2 months ago
View attachment 112077

now
View attachment 112078
View attachment 112079

Also, PS, I do think the Collagen Peptides is a good addition to one's lifestyle. I take it essentially as a form of protein, since I cannot really tolerate other protein powders (whey/casein are disgusting and most vegan protein powders taste like sh*t)... collagen peptides have a really pleasant, understated taste and seeing as how I don't eat any red meat or chicken in my diet, this is a nice little boost (I guess I lose my vegan card now, lol, still plant-based for the most part).

I will post links to the supplements I use and the amounts just in case anyone is interested since I can foresee people are going to ask:

1) Collagen Peptides (just one tbsp daily with any milk of your choice): https://www.amazon.com/Collagen-Mat...1752&sr=8-6&keywords=collagen+peptides+matcha

I bought it at a local chain store for like 12 dollars. If you live in Canada and know what Marshall's is (lol) they have tons of affordable collagen peptide powders.

2) B12 drops: https://www.amazon.com/Sublingual-V...d=1549691858&sr=8-3&keywords=b12+cherry+drops

Take 3 drops in the morning. This will last you like more than six months. Also, I prefer sublingual drop supplements because of the faster absorption and because I don't wanna put my liver through the burden of having to deal with all the fillers/binders/inactive ingredients in capsules/tablets.

3) Biotin drops: https://www.amazon.com/Strength-100...8&qid=1549691956&sr=8-3&keywords=biotin+drops

This thing will also last you forever by taking just 3-4 drops daily (around 4,000mcg)

4) Omega 3s from Algae oil: https://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-...UTF8&qid=1549692056&sr=8-2&keywords=nutravege

5) D3+K2: https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Spectr...F8&qid=1549692100&sr=8-3&keywords=d3+k2+drops

These are all the supplements I take mostly because I live in a cold/sunless place and am plant-based, so can't really get them through my diet. Like today for example, there were only like 3 hours of sunlight and I wasn't even outside for them lol

Hey Layabout, does the Derminator get stuck in your hair when you do it? I just had my third session with wet hair (9 needle cartridge, medium speed 1.5mm depth), and every time I have to lift it up and down all the time to stop it getting stuck when you move it around...I also didn't really get any redness, although there were a couple of marks/blood droplets...Hope it's working :confused:

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Layabout, does the Derminator get stuck in your hair when you do it? I just had my third session with wet hair (9 needle cartridge, medium speed 1.5mm depth), and every time I have to lift it up and down all the time to stop it getting stuck when you move it around...I also didn't really get any redness, although there were a couple of marks/blood droplets...Hope it's working :confused:
Never. I do fast speed, too. My hair is not that long now though, maybe when it is longer this will be an issue. I don't derminate with wet hair, Ilet it dry after the shower and then do the session when it's fully dry.

fran15

Reaction score
Never. I do fast speed, too. My hair is not that long now though, maybe when it is longer this will be an issue. I don't derminate with wet hair, Ilet it dry after the shower and then do the session when it's fully dry.
Ok thanks, maybe I'll try fast and on dry hair, and see if that helps. I can hardly move it around at all, even on the thinnest areas. Your hair looks really thick so I thought it might be an issue for you. Whatever you're doing, it's sure as hell working!

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Any other diffuse thinner here who is considering SMP for extra density?
EXTRA density....as in your hair would look fuller if you got the pigmentation, then grow your hair out and you look less diffused? I thought it was for guys who are rocking the shaved look and now can have a 5 o clock shadow on their heads

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score

2 months ago
View attachment 112077

now
View attachment 112078
View attachment 112079

I can never tell if its actually you in your pictures. You zoom in so much, cant tell if its the same skull or whatever lol. If the results are legit, then its freaking epic.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks, maybe I'll try fast and on dry hair, and see if that helps. I can hardly move it around at all, even on the thinnest areas. Your hair looks really thick so I thought it might be an issue for you. Whatever you're doing, it's sure as hell working!
Fast speed derm2 seems scary at first its loud and feels like it wrecking you up lol but you get use to it real quick i have long hair i move in straight lines in the thick areas