Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
a word on the hypothesis that micro needling facilitates the action of minoxidil which does not / stops working for some. given it can take 2-3 months for minoxidil to work in responders I wonder if one way to predict / monitor success early on is to monitor blood pressure. my bp is around 125/80. During 'minoxidil is working' phase a few years ago it was routinely 90/60. now that minoxidil has long ceased to be effective despite x2 daly application, my bp is back to 125/80.

krk

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm seven weeks microneedling once a week with 1.75mm. I'm now noticing my hair thickening all over, especially on the sides. I am a diffuse thinner and since my sides were so thin, I was forced into helmet hair. Now I am very close to being able to get a taper on the sides for the fist time. If I style my hair a certain way, I no longer look like I am balding much.

My temples are still growing new small hair (and have been since week 1). I noticed that when I added biotin 2 weeks ago, these new small hairs started growing quicker.

My hair also looks shinier and more healthy. I had a lot of dry and brittle hair, and still do, but this seems to be reversing.

Last edited:

cvcsticks

My Regimen
Reaction score
What’s the consensus on using concealers (toppik-like fibers) soon/straigh after needling? Pose a threat you think in terms of chemical absorption?

Cheers

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cvcsticks - I think it's best to avoid them for 24h. Apparently the holes created by microneedling close rather quickly... but I have avoided using Toppik immediately after. The color that washes out of Toppik with water in the shower ... I don't want that going into my scalp after needling.

Last edited:

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At the moment I only use a 1.5mm derma roller, but I'm thinking of going all-in and purchasing a Derminator 2 from https://www.derminator.com/.

1. How many packs of needles should I buy? I'm not sure how often I will change them because people say differently.
  2. Will only the cartridges from the website work?
  3. Is 12 needles the maximum you can get? I'm aware that other derma pens can have up to 36.

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
At the moment I only use a 1.5mm derma roller, but I'm thinking of going all-in and purchasing a Derminator 2 from https://www.derminator.com/.

1. How many packs of needles should I buy? I'm not sure how often I will change them because people say differently.
  2. Will only the cartridges from the website work?
  3. Is 12 needles the maximum you can get? I'm aware that other derma pens can have up to 36.

1. 10 at least
2. Yes. As far as I know.
3. I think so. Should say on their website.

Also, order some chloramine T, the recommended disinfecting solution for the cartridges.

bluesuedeshoes

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any consensus on needling .5mm every day/couple of days? Ive been doing 2mm every two weeks for a while now and the respite I get from the itch for the period after I do it has been lovely. Thinking that perhaps switching to a daily needle session might be good for my sanity as this itch is a b**ch.

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. 10 at least
2. Yes. As far as I know.
3. I think so. Should say on their website.

Also, order some chloramine T, the recommended disinfecting solution for the cartridges.
Thanks. Do you know what is so good about that compared to any old ethanol-based solution?

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@cvcsticks - no problem. I used to use Toppik all the time... though it is now my goal to stop wearing it. Time to spend money and time on re-growing hair is my thought! Toppik is great although very expensive. I'd love to re-grow enough hair so I don't feel the need to sprinkle expensive dirt in my hair :) It also interferes with me applying Minoxidil - as sometimes I don't want to shower @ night and wash it all out. So there's that. I personally try to give it a couple days at least before applying Toppik again.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. This if from follica's website. I found it interesting.

"Following skin disruption, cells that migrate to help healing are forced to make a decision: Should I make epidermis, or should I make a hair? There is a window of opportunity in which we can potentially push them to choose the latter, and we believe there are multiple biological pathways to target to enhance this outcome. This regenerative effect is called hair follicle neogenesis"

I'm wondering if that is minoxidil's roll in all this, that is pushes the cells to form the initial hair shaft. Could also explain why needling without minoxidil works, but at a slower rate.

REMINDER for everyone who's shedding in the first few months: Numberguy, the guy with the crazy results had the same experience with his hair getting worse the first months...and we all know how he ended, from a NW4 to a full head of hair.

Agreed. As a matter of fact the result from his video was from around 6 months or so.

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
So as promised, I have some new pictures for you. Marked two significant points, in red circle a pigmentation mark, the green arrow shows one of my stubborn hairs at my hairline. Started needling after the second picture. You can see my regimen in benjt2 survey thread.
I think my hairline is slowly closing in from the sides, but it is still very slow!! :rolleyes: What do you think? (It wouldn‘t be the first time for me to imagine regrowth that was in fact non-existent :confused: )

Attachments

• D0F01115-60F2-45E2-92DA-8CF41EBB9DC2.jpeg
    D0F01115-60F2-45E2-92DA-8CF41EBB9DC2.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 742
  • D6CBC621-0AE3-4D92-90D2-EFAF8C511397.jpeg
    D6CBC621-0AE3-4D92-90D2-EFAF8C511397.jpeg
    104 KB · Views: 642
  • 64270960-60A3-483A-A6AE-CDE13691B8B1.jpeg
    64270960-60A3-483A-A6AE-CDE13691B8B1.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 643
  • 62338E99-B3B4-4039-ADBA-8EDD56C713B1.jpeg
    62338E99-B3B4-4039-ADBA-8EDD56C713B1.jpeg
    94.3 KB · Views: 612
  • CFF0E519-45A1-4821-818D-9567049B6771.jpeg
    CFF0E519-45A1-4821-818D-9567049B6771.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 608
  • 599F9ABF-D328-45FB-86B3-1CD0581FC60A.jpeg
    599F9ABF-D328-45FB-86B3-1CD0581FC60A.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 609
  • 2C853F96-D45B-49C6-89E0-5471CFA81A34.jpeg
    2C853F96-D45B-49C6-89E0-5471CFA81A34.jpeg
    100.7 KB · Views: 634
  • FFBC75CD-3C44-49DF-AB42-DA23B7E0AD52.jpeg
    FFBC75CD-3C44-49DF-AB42-DA23B7E0AD52.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 736

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So as promised, I have some new pictures for you. Marked two significant points, in red circle a pigmentation mark, the green arrow shows one of my stubborn hairs at my hairline. Started needling after the second picture. You can see my regimen in benjt2 survey thread.
I think my hairline is slowly closing in from the sides, but it is still very slow!! :rolleyes: What do you think? (It wouldn‘t be the first time for me to imagine regrowth that was in fact non-existent :confused: )

I've got the same vellus for 13 years now, expect them to stay vellus
Turning vellus to terminals is kinda rare

luen12

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been mentioned before. This if from follica's website. I found it interesting.

"Following skin disruption, cells that migrate to help healing are forced to make a decision: Should I make epidermis, or should I make a hair? There is a window of opportunity in which we can potentially push them to choose the latter, and we believe there are multiple biological pathways to target to enhance this outcome. This regenerative effect is called hair follicle neogenesis"

I'm wondering if that is minoxidil's roll in all this, that is pushes the cells to form the initial hair shaft. Could also explain why needling without minoxidil works, but at a slower rate.

Agreed. As a matter of fact the result from his video was from around 6 months or so.

I guess it is. Dr. Cotsarelis actually has patented it:

Minoxidil for generating new hair follicles and treating baldness
https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2949328A1/en

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
these are incredible results.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do se progress, especially when comparing the very first pic with the last one.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@luen12 - nice! Definitely see some progress there. I have similar action happening close to the hairline. We can only hope those kind of changes are happening on other areas of the scalp too.