Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did session number 8 yesterday. I use a Derminator 2 once a week and minoxidil twice a day. I alternate between 1.5-2.0mm depending on how much pain i feel like enduring because my scalp is ridiculously sensitive. Obviously not much to report yet, i will share pictures at month 3 but i really don´t expect much until atleast 6 months +
However it does seem like the blond hairs on my completely bald temples has started growing and the closer i get to the remaining hairline the longer they are.
I have receding mainly concentrated on my temples but with slight diffuse thinning on top/front of the head (similar to my profile picture but not that bad) So with the theorized reversed regrowth i assume i the parts which are hard to see will improve first so it might take a while to get noticible regrowth.

I´ve tried minoxidil + finasteride and even dutasteride in the past for years at a time without results so IF i get regrowth it is needling causing it.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're supposed to. I forgot the cutting ratio. It also breaks up mineral deposits
Well it won't hurt you if you don't. I'd dilute it by a third, just eyeball it. And leave it on. The smell disappears when it dries

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it won't hurt you if you don't. I'd dilute it by a third, just eyeball it. And leave it on. The smell disappears when it dries
I didnt dilute it lol. Never bothered me much, took showers in the morning.
I will say it makes Rob's scalp massage WAY easier, it definitely softens up the scalp. That and the crunchy noises from dermastamping still make me think calcification is the issue.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
REGIMEN IN DEPTH:

Current date: 1 / 27 / 2019
Nickname: JJL58
Hairloss started at: 22
Current Norwood: III Vertex
Balding pattern: Both
Affected areas: Temple area / Crown / Vertex
Treatment history:
  • [Minoxidil] since [November 2018 until [Present]
  • [Dermarolling] since [December/2018] until [Present]
  • [RegenePure DR] since [December/2018] until [Present]
Needling since: [December 2018]
Needling until: [Still Needling]
Needling frequency (Once): [Weekly]
Needling, total number of sessions: 10
Needling device: [Roller: 192N-GROLLER15MM /
TMT Micro Needle Roller System]

Needling depth/needle length: [1.5MM]
Needling intensity: [Mildly aggressive / drawing blood. More similar to 2Young2Retire's regimen than Numbers Guy]
Needled areas: [Entire top of head / all thinning areas]
Needling side effects: [Redness / Soreness for 48 hours]
Using minoxidil: [Yes]
On minoxidil since: [Late November. Slightly before Dermarolling]
Using other treatments at the same time: [Yes, Dermarolling / Minoxidil / RegenePure DR. Minoxidil and Regenepure DR 24 hours after needling]
Witnessing regrowth: [YES]
Regrowth since: [2 weeks after needling]
Pattern of regrowth: [Vellus hairs all over balding areas. Hairline beginning to recover. Vertex near full recovery]
Description of and satisfaction with regrowth: [+3. Still a ways to go, but definite regrowth / thickness / progress. Undeniable.]
Photos showing own progress or lack thereof: [I will be adding pictures at the conclusion of my experiment (1 - 1.5 years). It's a marathon, not a sprint, and I don't want to obsess too much over regrowth too early, nor do I want others. With that said, I am documenting with pictures along the way. Rest assured. ]
Awesome. Our regimes are almost identicle. I started Minoxidil in Nov. And needles in Dec.
Same pattern of hairloss as well. I can see most regrowth at the front and some at the temples.
I think the vertex is getting better but not obvious yet. I'm 52 so I'm surprised that I'm responding quickly with almost no shed or itch or extra loss.
I recently added topical finasteride to try it. No sides yet
Good luck

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why?
Bill decided for everyone that the pen is more effective.
Use only the pen :)
Bill must be one hell of guy he managed to convince follica and haircell the Chinese study and the other modern studies and the transplant doctors offering prp micro needling as well. I for one want to salute our new hair loss overlord

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup.

Everyone here thinking they will get a full head of hair in just 3 months. @layabout seems to be young and since his loss might be recent it helped him gain it all back quickly.

I am 32 and started very soon after I started diffuse thinning, so that helped me.

My friend is also 32 and has been losing hair on his crown for a few years now. His is taking much longer to come back but there's huge improvement after 5 months.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 32 and started very soon after I started diffuse thinning, so that helped me.

My friend is also 32 and has been losing hair on his crown for a few years now. His is taking much longer to come back but there's huge improvement after 5 months.
Do people not ask you what is going on in real life because your hair situation is so different you look like you spent 20k on hair transplants at least lol . no one would notice if i got my hair back because i had the same hairstyle combed forward for 18 years. That 5 month thing is assuring as i taken 18 years to get to where i am its gotta take ages to go back the other way

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do people not ask you what is going on in real life because your hair situation is so different you look like you spent 20k on hair transplants at least lol . no one would notice if i got my hair back because i had the same hairstyle combed forward for 18 years.

Nah, I got away with it by using Toppik before I started microneedling. I also did things like holding my head high, so people couldn't really see the top of my head.

One friend who I only see once or twice a year noticed but nobody else has. They can't believe my pics when I show them 1. Because of the improvement and 2. Because they didn't notice how bad my balding was in the first place.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bill must be one hell of guy he managed to convince follica and haircell the Chinese study and the other modern studies and the transplant doctors offering prp micro needling as well. I for one want to salute our new hair loss overlord
But he got me good with his reply tho; you obviously have to be selling something to see that a pen wounds more effectively by following the same mechanical pattern on a straight, vertical line; using fewer needles to allow a more even penetration on the uneven environment that is the scalp, rather than a 192 needle roller that may or may not penetrate equally through those areas. Not to mention what you just said; Follica, the wounding OG, going for a pen.
When I say it's more effective you gotta think of a car and a bicycle. Is the car more effective than the bicycle? Yes. But will the bike reach the same destination than the car? f*** yes.
Similar thing with a pen and a roller.
Still, if this guy really wanted to argue he would've understood this after watching the vid. But that's not what he wants. He seems to have some beef with me, so he will try to make me look bad (or good, since apparently I can convince everyone to buy a pen now).
If he cared about microneedling he would be contributing to the discussion about microneedling. So yeah, sure. Me am dumb and he are really smart. I admit defeat and now I have to sell my house and my dog to survive. I suggest you just like or dislike and move on, anything else is likely gonna be a waste of your time.
Yup.

Everyone here thinking they will get a full head of hair in just 3 months. @layabout seems to be young and since his loss might be recent it helped him gain it all back quickly.
Well, I don't think most people here are under that impression. Dunno about newcomers, but those who've been here since the beginning know that progress, especially if the loss happened a long time ago, takes time.

Last edited:

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know the pen wounds more effectively and efficiently, i used a manual stamp some years back for forehead lines, worked a treat,but the redness from using a pen takes longer to go away than a manual stamp. Manual stamp still did the job though, forehead lines are gone but like i said the pen does wound the skin much more from my experience.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah, I got away with it by using Toppik before I started microneedling. I also did things like holding my head high, so people couldn't really see the top of my head.

One friend who I only see once or twice a year noticed but nobody else has. They can't believe my pics when I show them 1. Because of the improvement and 2. Because they didn't notice how bad my balding was in the first place.
Lol so after it all only you know the difference ironic really but still its how much better it makes the person feel about them self

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol so after it all only you know the difference ironic really but still its how much better it makes the person feel about them self

Exactly - I'm happy that nobody has noticed, otherwise it would have felt like a got a transplant or something.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But he got me good with his reply tho; you obviously have to be selling something to see that a pen wounds more effectively by following the same mechanical pattern on a straight, vertical line; using fewer needles to allow a more even penetration on the uneven environment that is the scalp, rather than a 192 needle roller that may or may not penetrate equally through those areas. Not to mention what you just said; Follica, the wounding OG, going for a pen.
When I say it's more effective you gotta think of a car and a bicycle. Is the car more effective than the bicycle? Yes. But will the bike reach the same destination than the car? f*** yes.
Similar thing with a pen and a roller.
Still, if this guy really wanted to argue he would've understood this after watching the vid. But that's not what he wants. He seems to have some beef with me, so he will try to make me look bad (or good, since apparently I can convince everyone to buy a pen now).
If he cared about microneedling he would be contributing to the discussion about microneedling. So yeah, sure. Me am dumb and he are really smart. I admit defeat and now I have to sell my house and my dog to survive. I suggest you just like or dislike and move on, anything else is likely gonna be a waste of your time.

Well, I don't think most people here are under that impression. Dunno about newcomers, but those who've been here since the beginning know that progress, especially if the loss happened a long time ago, takes time.
Unless there's a benefit to the sideways tearing i don't think history is going to favor the roller the china study seems to point at depth being more a factor like i said name one invention that wasn't made better by adding motor plus i feel the roller requires a dedicated user with a strong will . i was concerned that the pen does to much damage tho as my one goes faster than i can count and puts like 12 holes in me at whatever fraction of a second its moving at

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly - I'm happy that nobody has noticed, otherwise it would have felt like a got a transplant or something.
The one thing that makes me happy I'm broke is that the ones who would notice are those close to me and they'd know it can't be a transplant, because they are expensive as shitfuck. Even if my economical situation were to mprove, I'd never have that kind of money to spare.
Unless there's a benefit to the sideways tearing i don't think history is going to favor the roller the china study seems to point at depth being more a factor like i said name one invention that wasn't made better by adding motor plus i feel the roller requires a dedicated user with a strong will . i was concerned that the pen does to much damage tho as my one goes faster than i can count and puts like 12 holes in me at whatever fraction of a second its moving at
Exactly. Lotta users report it's more painful and the thing that triggers the growth factors is the needle reaching a certain depth.
Oh, yeah. It's the Derminator, right? But it has a mechanism that makes the needles go in and out, so technically it's not as painful.
EDIT: GOD-DAMN, my hair looks great. Seriously.
I usually wanna rush and cut it because it ends up looking like sh*t throughout the day and looks goofy and uneven compared to the sides. No more. First time that I don't feel like cutting it after over a month and a half since like 2015 (been doing it monthly ever since).

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. Lot of users report it's more painful and the thing that triggers the growth factors is the needle reaching a certain depth.
Oh, yeah. It's the Derminator, right? But it has a mechanism that makes the needles go in and out faster, so technically it's not as painful.
Do we have any science on the growth factor release because of depth backing that up? its logical to assume depth plays a factor tho. Yea derminator has a magnetic cylinder inside that is a projectile if powered on with no needle head attached .
its faster than i can see its either invisible movement or looks kinda stationary my brain just cant comprehend it so i sure as sh*t cant count its needles per minute.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do we have any science on the growth factor release because of depth backing that up? its logical to assume depth plays a factor tho. Yea derminator has a magnetic cylinder inside that is a projectile if powered on with no needle head attached .
its faster than i can see its either invisible movement or looks kinda stationary my brain just cant comprehend it so i sure as sh*t cant count its needles per minute.
It's not especifically mentioned in the studies I think, but it obviously plays a role. Otherwise 0.5 vs 1.5 mm wouldn't make a difference.
I have noticed there are new microneedling studies done in 2018, but they won't show the full version. Motherfuck.
EDIT: Here's a Korean study that parted the scalp and treated the right side with 0.5 mm and the left side with 0.3 mm. Differences between depths were found to be significant: https://www.medicera.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Microneedle-studie-med-Dr-Back.pdf
Not sure if that applies to wounding though.

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jesus bill is there any one in the hair loss world you not decided for you got to him to
"2) Microneedle
The microneedle device (Dr
Back 10 story FNS FN-1;
Dongbang Medicare, Bundang, Ko
rea) consisted of nine 32-G
microneedles with automatic v
ertical movements and an ad-
justable depth of needle from 0.1 to 2.0 mm."