Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This os an old post from 2014 from this forum:
Ive heard this quite a bit, the person thar conducted the study also owned a dermaroller clinic. 1) i have not seen proof of this, and it should very easy to simply google the authors dermaroller clinic.

2) most importantly, even if the researcher owns a dermaroller clinic, so what? This is literally how innovation, science and medicine advances.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive heard this quite a bit, the person thar conducted the study also owned a dermaroller clinic. 1) i have not seen proof of this, and it should very easy to simply google the authors dermaroller clinic.

2) most importantly, even if the researcher owns a dermaroller clinic, so what? This is literally how innovation, science and medicine advances.

Exactly.

The doctor who conducted the trial is an adviser to Follica.

There are other studies and plenty of anecdotal evidence for microneedling.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dunno how picky they are but that's easier than it sounds. I have loads under the same light at the same length.

I don't anymore but I used to take a photo twice a day: once before applying minoxidil and once after and then added them to my Google album. Sucha good way of tracking progress

bro can you take some pics right now and post. we need some new pics

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did. Because it's the pen I have.
Would've done the exact same thing if it was a Dr Pen A6.
After the first derail I had to delete it. They also wanted me to delete the video.
I didn't even get it myself. I bought the DRS adjustable dermastamp with 140 needles. It's sitting there, unpacked. I'll post a pic if it means we can finally shut the f*** up about it. It arrived about a week ago.
It was @Longway886 who offered to help me out with it. Guess you should be suspicious of him because he bought it for someone else, right? Want proof, I can post the screenshots of the convo too.

You wanna discuss microneedling so bad you are still trying to derail the thread. Keep proving my previous point, buddy.

Regarding the affiliated link that I asked you to remove - nobody said you were using this device or the other.
Simply was wondering why you had to make a FAQ thread with advertising the affiliated link of your precious buddy number man to his Amazon page.

Posting a video of a clinique that tries to bring people to get treatments with them to earn money instead of rolling at home.
That's their business. Of course they will try to convince you not to needle at home for cheap. I'm sorry, but your posts become more and more idiotic by the post.
Is that you proof? Ridiculous.

JJL58

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using a 3mm roller or going that deep with a derminator?

Ive been using a 1.5 mm roller but Im thinking about stepping it up

I would stick with either 1.5mm or 2.0mm. Nothing else. Just those 2 options. Those options have worked in the past with users.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone using a 3mm roller or going that deep with a derminator?

Ive been using a 1.5 mm roller but Im thinking about stepping it up
Hey man.
Max depth people have used here is 2.5 mm. That's also the max depth of the Chinese study.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try the Derminator if you don’t mind paying for it, I couldn’t use anything else now.
Finally got my Derminator2 in the post on Thursday. Needled on Saturday at 1.5 and then tried 1.75mm. Threw my roller/stamp in the garbage. Less blood than the stamp.
I immediately rinsed with cool water and applied 6% essegen with topical finasteride. No issues.
Really concentrating on the crown where it started thinning about 5 years ago.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally got my Derminator2 in the post on Thursday. Needled on Saturday at 1.5 and then tried 1.75mm. Threw my roller/stamp in the garbage. Less blood than the stamp.
I immediately rinsed with cool water and applied 6% essegen with topical finasteride. No issues.
Anything worth reporting results wise?

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
godspeed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anything worth reporting results wise?
I have lots of small hairs both brown and white. My hair is Sandy brown with some greys mixed in.
They are easy to see because my hair is about 4-5 inches long on top. All along the hairline and dispersed throughout the top part of my hair, where I noticed diffusing last July.
I started minoxidil on Nov 11th 2018. Bought my first roller about a month later. Just a 0.5mm roller I saw in a local store. Used that until I bought a 1.5 mm roller. Couldn't roll because it caught my hair, so I started pressing it into my scalp. Very uncomfortable. Then minoxidil straight after.
My first run with the Derminator was a pleasant experience.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My last session I wanted to roll with a dermaroller but if you have longer hair I think this is impossible..the roller always stops in some "hair bundles"...

I would say try different things... We do not know anything about the best device and it's needle length or frequency..so I try different things in different sessions now... So I bought me a dermastamp for my next session... Maybe varitey helps our hair to not get used by needling
Just use it like a stamp. Press it in. Alex somebody uses a certain type of roller that prevents the hair from catching and getting torn out. I saw it on one of his videos. You should message him

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you might want to add my journey to your dermarolling survey data thread

My current regimen:

(2 MONTHS IN)

nw1 early diffiuse thinning

- derma rolling every 7-30 days. ---> 1.5mm titanium real needles

- 1-5 minutes 1-2 times a day scalp massages 3-5 times a week with an anti cellulite wooden brush,

-----------> results after 2 months : better hair quality, scalp feels healthier, scalp more elastic, slight density gains. obviously the crown area is the most painful area when dermarolling because theres more fibrosis.. this regimen is aiming for the marathon this thing is a lifestyle.

sidenote:

I MIGHT use minoxidil for 6-12 months in the end of 2019 to boost follicles, and then drop it, im pretty sure i will keep the gains because my scalp environment will be on point and fibrosis free if i maintain it with dermarolling every 15-45 days + irregular scalp massages with the anti cellulite brush,-----> just like people keep their minoxidil beard gains, its very likely its possible to keep minoxidil gains if your scalp is constantly maintained back to normal.

i invite people to watch my posting history on this website to understand my mindset when it comes to microneedling
I think your regiment is good. Leaving a good amount of time between treatments. I think every 2-4 weeks is necessary for full recovery. Let the growth factors do their job effectively before the next follicular assualt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try and Apple Cider Vinegar rinse.
Soak your scalp in a bowl of ACV for 5 minutes, then let most of it stay in the hair overnight. Actually helps with the itch, and breaks down calcium if that's the cause
ACV should be diluted though. I heard that it restores the pH balance of the scalp. That's where the benefit comes in. Skin has a slightly acid pH. Regular shampoo is more alkaline and screws up the pH balance, allowing fungus and bacteria to gain ground.
You can also use it on your face as a toner. It's really good for the skin

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
ACV should be diluted though. I heard that it restores the pH balance of the scalp. That's where the benefit comes in. Skin has a slightly acid pH. Regular shampoo is more alkaline and screws up the pH balance, allowing fungus and bacteria to gain ground.
You can also use it on your face as a toner. It's really good for the skin
You're supposed to. I forgot the cutting ratio. It also breaks up mineral deposits

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What country do you live in, how long did it take for you ti receive the derminator?