Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I convinced everyone so hard it even affected the timeline. Showed those doctors how it's done 2 years before I even knew about microneedling. :cool:

What do you use? I know you've talked about being strapped for cash but I'd be happy to mail you my wired dermapen for free. I used it only a few times, sterilizing each time and you can obviously use your own needles. It's basically just a piece of plastic, so I don't think the fact that I've used it matters.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It probably works as a maintenance treatment, but how can you safely say it maintains after 5 weeks lol.

Well my hairloss is extremely slow, and my pattern is diffuse thinning on the whole top of the head, so it's really hard to notice both improvement and worsening of my hair.

I'm not sure if it's really helping me mantain, but my hair looks the same since i've started the treatment, i'm not seeing any further thinning, so i guess it's doing something?

Maybe i should take photos, i'm pretty sure they will help me tell what's happening.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Using @JJL58 's form since it was so thorough

Hairloss started at: mid 20’s?
Current Norwood: Type 4 or 5 I think?
Balding pattern: Both
Affected areas: Temple area / Crown / Vertex
Treatment history: Previously used Minoxidil for around 2 years. Experienced no re-growth, though I seemed to at least maintain or loss was very slow during. Went off it for ~6 months and began to thin even more. Decided to go on Finasteride (Dec 10) and found this needling thread a week into that prescription (Dec 18). Decided to go off finasteride after one month of use (Jan 10) and purely do needling + minoxidil instead. That should be a disclaimer for any early results – it could be finasteride at work.
Needling since: December 18, 2018
Needling until: 6m to 1yr and will judge thereafter based on results
Needling frequency: Once, every other week as of this update, though intend to do every 7 to 10 days going forward. Christmas + a Vacation interrupted my ability/desire to needle weekly.
Needling, total number of sessions: 3
Needling device: TBPHP Dermapen from Amazon.ca
Needling depth/needle length: 1.5 to 2.0MM (start session with 1.5 and finish with 2.0mm)
Needling intensity: Multiple passes until mild redness. Not a lot of pressure, enough to feel like I'm making consistent contact.
Needled areas: Entire top of head / all thinning areas
Needling side effects: Redness / Tenderness for ~48 hours. Flaking starts around days 4/5 and continues into 7 days after or so.
Using minoxidil: Yes
On minoxidil since: One week before needling (Dec. 10/2018)
Using other treatments at the same time: (edit: Nizoral too) Vitamin D, Biotin. finasteride was used during first 4 weeks of needling though now ceased.
Witnessing regrowth: YES
Regrowth since: 5 weeks after needling
Pattern of regrowth: Vellus hairs on temples near hairline at this point.
Description of and satisfaction with regrowth: So far so good. Nothing obvious outside of closeups though. Definitely thinned out initially and experienced a shed around week 2 through 5 and hair looked noticeably thinner. What hair remained seemed to be healthier/happier or stronger if you will though by week 5 though.
Photos showing own progress or lack thereof: See below

First off my baseline photos:

View attachment 110717 View attachment 110718

Here are some week 6 shots of my temples which I found interesting. Note: I don't have any good Day 1 comparisons of this area sadly... so I'll have to use these as comparisons in the weeks/months to come and you'll just have to take my word for what is going on here. I'm going to use my real point/shoot camera going forward as well since the detail is 100 X than my cell phone camera.

View attachment 110719

(1) This stray mofo has been here for yeeears holding on to nothing. Easy for me to keep track of next to my skin blemish there. I usually shave that guy down but keep it growing sometimes when I forget. Looks silly as hell. Either way - I can tell new action is occurring due to this being the only stray random I've had to shave down for years.
(2) This new stray mofo showed up out of nowhere which made me start looking closer at my temples.
(3) Lots of little black hairs close to the hairline.

Bottom line - 2 years on minoxidil previously I didn't see any of that action. Disclaimer again, could be the 4 weeks of finasteride at work before I quit. Only time will tell if needling/minoxidil helps this continue into the months ahead.

Then there's this photo....

View attachment 110720

(4) I noticed lots of blonde/brown hairs showing up under different bathroom lighting while on vacation. Super hard to capture on camera, but they're all over the temples in the right lighting.

Again, no good comparisons on those temple shots for Day 1, but this post will serve as a comparison for the future months.

Dude, I had these hairs already before treatment. Are you sure this are not old miniaturized hait and you just started noticing them now?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you use? I know you've talked about being strapped for cash but I'd be happy to mail you my wired dermapen for free. I used it only a few times, sterilizing each time and you can obviously use your own needles. It's basically just a piece of plastic, so I don't think the fact that I've used it matters.
I do have a pen too; the TBHB-whatever one. Longway886 helped me out with it. Struggling to get the cartridge for this week cause I miscalculated. It scares me, but I can always sanitize and reuse just once. It's twice monthly, so it gives me some room.
But thanks for offering!
Well my hairloss is extremely slow, and my pattern is diffuse thinning on the whole top of the head, so it's really hard to notice both improvement and worsening of my hair.

I'm not sure if it's really helping me mantain, but my hair looks the same since i've started the treatment, i'm not seeing any further thinning, so i guess it's doing something?

Maybe i should take photos, i'm pretty sure they will help me tell what's happening.
Definitely take them.
But careful. Don't become obsessed and go looking for progress every month or you'll get frustrated.
Good luck!

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Photos are absolutely essential. I thought nothing had changed for me when actually I had crazy results. I was taking photos regularly but never looked at them - I swear I almost stopped after about 2 months but then looked at photos.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I wish I could get one...
Remember you can get a refund if you send them pics showing clear results.
At least that's what some users who also got it recently have been reporting.
Maybe the seller you support here will share some of his profits with you so you can get a Derminator :)
You totally deserve it!

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I had these hairs already before treatment. Are you sure this are not old miniaturized hait and you just started noticing them now?

That could totally be the case since I'm taking a closer look. So they'll have to serve as a baseline as opposed to progress. The new random stray hair is very weird though.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm only sorry for new comers who doesn't know that this thread is for money.
They will needle for months, not knowing if anything is true or just a hype for the seller to earn more money.
Such a shame...

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do have a pen too; the TBHB-whatever one. Longway886 helped me out with it. Struggling to get the cartridge for this week cause I miscalculated. It scares me, but I can always sanitize and reuse just once. It's twice monthly, so it gives me some room.
But thanks for offering!

Well I guess the offer is extended if there's anyone reading who can't afford a pen. You use the same pen I use. I find the very slight differences in cartridges annoying, and can find it hard to be sure I'm buying the right ones.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's not my business that I'm running like some here, so I can't be here all the time to warn people.
Only during my shifts I will visit, but will do my best.
Nothing personal, but I think it's important that at least some will know...

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I guess the offer is extended if there's anyone reading who can't afford a pen. You use the same pen I use. I find the very slight differences in cartridges annoying, and can find it hard to be sure I'm buying the right ones.
Which is why I go for the Amazon ones despite being more expensive. Found others on eBay, but can't tell if the screw is the right one or what. Really annoying indeed.
That could totally be the case since I'm taking a closer look. So they'll have to serve as a baseline as opposed to progress. The new random stray hair is very weird though.
I have a similar hair. About 2 cm down, just sitting there by itself. There's actually 2 of them, but the other is closer to the temple area. I always begin my sessions by needling it! :p

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the statement. I hope, you will gain some terminals out of that peach fuzz. :)

Here's hoping! As for the temple shots - you'll see a ton of sh*t when you put a telescope to your temples! :p Those could be dying miniaturized hairs as you say... so only time will tell. At least there's some peach fuzz.

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Here's hoping! As for the temple shots - you'll see a ton of sh*t when you put a telescope to your temples! :p Those could be dying miniaturized hairs as you say... so only time will tell. At least there's some peach fuzz.

Yeah man, I hope so bad it works. If it doesn't, I have to go for the buzz cut pretty soon.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm only sorry for new comers who doesn't know that this thread is for money.
They will needle for months, not knowing if anything is true or just a hype for the seller to earn more money.
Such a shame...
I read a lot of your posts and sincerely have no idea what your saying,what your aim is or what you think is going on

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man, I hope so bad it works. If it doesn't, I have to go for the buzz cut pretty soon.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you but everyone who does go for a buzz cut gets told they look better for it.

I had an accident when I was 21 and have loads of big scars that are hidden by my hair, so that's why I'm really keen not to lose it. I saw what I looked like with a shaved head and scars after surgery and it will totally change people's impression of me.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read a lot of your posts and sincerely have no idea what your saying,what your aim is or what you think is going on

I've blocked whoever you're talking about so can't see what you've quoted, but I suggest you block them, too.

The thread looks pretty much back to normal for me, now that a certain user is banned and I've blocked a couple of others. Only microneedling is being discussed now when I look at it :D

rizaster

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The pic that caught my eye was your white/brown growth at the hairline. This is exactly what my hair line looked like a few months into minoxidil, it took about a year to change to terminal hairs. I didnt even notice until they had grown a few inches but were still clearly shorter than the rest of my hair. I think its a good sign!

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've blocked whoever you're talking about so can't see what you've quoted, but I suggest you block them, too.

The thread looks pretty much back to normal for me, now that a certain user is banned and I've blocked a couple of others. Only microneedling is being discussed now when I look at it :D
lol i think he implying micro needling is scam cooked up by you to make money in this thread but he said he was needling the other day as well so im just confused.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I ever restore my hairline + thickness, first thing I'm gonna do is shave the chocolate flavored f*** out of my hair. First because I can and second cause I actually wanna see how I look.
Notreallyhere said:
lol i think he implying micro needling is scam cooked up by you to make money in this thread but he said he was needling the other day as well so im just confused.
Engaging is pointless. He also said he wants to discuss microneedling... But he'd be doing just that right now if that was the case.
Discussion is back to normal, thankfully. My advice is that you either like/dislike or simply ignore his posts.