Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You base this on nothing. What you think feels right has absolutely no basis in reality or science. The studies makes no mention of the subjects progress at one month so you have no justification for spewing that nonsense.
When I start minoxidil or seti, i see new hairs after 1 month mark. Its a sign that treatment does something positive.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in India.
Rollers are stupidly cheap here, and stamps are bloody expensive.

Specifically, @Japnicks India : Are you using any products?

Should I go ahead and start with a 1.0mm roller, so as to not damage the skin too much?

Also, what do you use to clean rollers/stamps? Alcohol?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I might have made the association to convince myself that I shouldn't do it. It is really hard work although I did stick with it. I was glad to quit
Yes it is, it's quite tiring. And I work out.
And that's exactly how I see it. Like another work out, but for my hair. Just like needling.
Best of luck!

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm in India.
Rollers are stupidly cheap here, and stamps are bloody expensive.

Specifically, @Japnicks India : Are you using any products?

Should I go ahead and start with a 1.0mm roller, so as to not damage the skin too much?

Also, what do you use to clean rollers/stamps? Alcohol?
Hey, man.

You have all the answers to those questions here: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/microneedling-faqs-procedures-studies-and-such.119653/

As for starting with 1 mm, that's fine. But keep in mind that, accorsing to the most recent studies, wounding is achieved with a length between 1.5-2.5 mm, so you should aim to slowly increase the length till you reach 1.5 mm.

Best of luck!

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't notice - all I noticed was that I lost more hair in the first month. 1 month definitely isn't long enough to draw any conclusions. I almost gave up after 2 months because I thought nothing was happening but then I looked at my photos and saw crazy progress.
Hair doesn't just appear out of nowhere.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
This thread is being constantly lit up in the reports section by various users with just me and @Roberto_72 on here who have to look at other threads too. We appreciate the input from concerned members. @74775446 Can you start by not pasting confidential PMs even if it's about police action against the site. It's important you're not doing something illegal on your site and I think people gave you advice on this. Other than that, we'll continue to monitor to see how this pans out and interests of the forum. Keep this page results orientated!

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No but it's hard to see progress just by looking in the mirror. I had to take photos to believe anything was happening.
Are you serious? Can't see new hairs growing in the mirror? LOL! Looks like this guy is a scammer after all.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you serious? Can't see new hairs growing in the mirror? LOL! Looks like this guy is a scammer after all.
If you're talking about vellus, I have vellus hair where my hairline used to be that I didn't see in the mirror... Until I was under intense lighting.

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do not have any new hairs spouting after 1 month, it doesn't work for you. Most likely minoxidil isn't strong enough for your case. You need to add something else.
I saw you quoted me in your reply so I just wanted to clarify. I'm not using min, I'm just doing the needling. Although I'm thinking about pulling out the min I have here and just saying screw it and start using it.

hidden1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would like to share with you guys my experience of using derma roller. I have started about 2 months ago. At the beginning I was using 1mm with 540 needles (cheapest I found) and was gaining hairs. After 4 session Ive noticed thinkening and then after watching some vids on youtube I decided to buy 190 2mm needles version. I was doing 3 sessions with it. After that I found myself that I have lost almost all of the gains during rolling with this roller.

I am not using minoxidil anymore - was using for almost 2 years and ended up about 3 months ago.

Do you think less needles was not so exact in wounding?

I want to stress out that after every session my scalp and even face is covered in blood. Have to wash them with reallly cold water in case of faster holes closing. And it helps with pain, it's less painful.

Also I have a question, you guys see better results with roller or pen?

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
First ever session? Pain should go down in time but maybe you went a bit too hard. I'm not saying my head is totally painless the next day but it doesn't hurt like you've described.

No it was my third session and the worst one.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was doing this until I became convinced I was growing small, white hairs on the end of my nose!

Microneedling has completely eliminated any excess oil I had on my forehead, though. Just need to hope my forehead doesn't start growing hair.
Yea i swear its given me fluff on my cheeks finasteride ment never got a full manly beard so im not concerned hairy troll nose sounds frightful tho i only done0.5 on nose beacuse i had cartilage concerns.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think we need a new thread, but what about a thread for people who have tried dermarolling and it HASN'T worked?

There are a couple of guys like that in here but it's mostly success stories and there's no way it can work as well for everyone who tries it.

Maybe some stories of nothing happening after 3 months of following the study would be interesting.

The problem is, of course, that those with positive results are far more motivate to share them. I wouldn't have bothered coming online to tell you that dermarolling didn't work if I had tried it for 3 months and got no results.
I think it's interesting, but there's a case where results didn't appear till the 18th month mark; shown by PrettyFly. Granted, he had very advanced hair loss.

Still, I think it's a good way to keep track of how well it works and maybe figure out what can make it not work and all that jizz.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know I should be up to speed on this but what happened with PrettyFly? Did he have no results until after 18 months or something?
There was a rolling "community" trial in baldtruthtaIk 5 years ago. He was the only person in that thread who stuck with it and he didn't see results until much later than 3 months. He was also the only one who had fantastic results.
I can never recall if it was 18 months but the thing is; it took longer than 3 months.
Also, brohawk is another long time roller in this forum and he's still seeing progress after 3 years. So the whole "1 month in and no vellus, guess it didn't do dogshit" might really not be the way to go about this.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's interesting, but there's a case where results didn't appear till the 18th month mark; shown by PrettyFly. Granted, he had very advanced hair loss.

Still, I think it's a good way to keep track of how well it works and maybe figure out what can make it not work and all that jizz.
i think its utter madness that people expect norward 7 for decade to have same response time as norward 2 or defuse of a couple of years.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree but we will soon find out as we've got enough people trying it out.

Just at home I have my bro in law, dad and uncle trying it, never mind all the others on here with varying degrees of hair loss.
i tried to get my friend to do it whos a norward 7 but has norward 2 of velus i reckon his head would explode with hair if he tried but he looked at me like he was planning to burn me for heresy, witch craft and sorcery tho i spose you have shock change to encorage people from my friends point of view im full head taking the piss.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just show him some before and after pics from this forum. Anyone who has seen my pictures is very interested in trying it out.
showed him the science backed china study i was temped to finance the whole thing for him but i know he wouldnt stick to it then call it bullshit