Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wonder who got what depth and why maybe screamers got less
They don't really say it. They mention 3 patients withdrawing and 2 getting swollen lymph nodes. Also that they gave the pain an overall of 4.5/10.
Also, apparently they used 9 needle cartridges. Not sure why I thought it was 12, I remember reading 12. Doesn't really matter, but it's there.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They don't really say it. They mention 3 patients withdrawing and 2 getting swollen lymph nodes. Also that they gave the pain an overall of 4.5/10.
going to the dentist is worse than this pulling out lol. 747 doing 2.0 ain't he , i would love to know the depth the two guys in the trial photos had

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, apparently they used 9 needle cartridges. Not sure why I thought it was 12, I remember reading 12. Doesn't really matter, but it's there.
wow i jumped in not knowing what i was doing lol 9 pins that would lower pain

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
going to the dentist is worse than this pulling out lol. 747 doing 2.0 ain't he , i would love to know the depth the two guys in the trial photos had
Yeah, it'd give us some sorta clue about deeper being better. We got Follica going for 5 f*****g mm with their new patent, so that probably means something.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd give us some sorta clue about deeper being better. We got Follica going for 5 f*****g mm with their new patent, so that probably means aomething.
ah but do they have 5mm so you dont have to shave your head for top up treatment cuz im sure im no wher near 2.0 when doing my crown and vertex .lol 5mm sounds like its going to be fun cant wait 5mm could also be for neogenesis tho think what we are doing is stimulating existing follicles

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, it'd give us some sorta clue about deeper being better. We got Follica going for 5 f*****g mm with their new patent, so that probably means something.

I’m sure follicles are about 4mm deep in the scalp, I wouldn’t have clue about damaging the actual follicle though.

Last edited:

soull

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm needling at highest speed with 1,5 mm. I think I do it with much pressure as long as I can handle the pain. Maybe my hair follicles are already greatly supplied with blood and microneedling is completely useless for me...

How many sessions do you have?

olezudemle

My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting thread, kinda enjoying all the positive results. I wonder if you could actually improve results with copper peptides. There was a time where copper peptides were a - kind of - promising treatment. Maybe give it a go in combination with needling? Who knows...

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the guy who is contemplating going 5mm depth you are f*****g insane and if you get an extremely adverse reaction do not blame microneedling. Just a note.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To the guy who is contemplating going 5mm depth you are f*****g insane and if you get an extremely adverse reaction do not blame microneedling. Just a note.
Rest easy; no one is cotemplating that. The new Follica patent shows a device that has a max depth of 5 mm.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5mm the most id go im pretty sure 5 will leave you vulnerable to my old pal cellulitis

NW4Santa

My Regimen
Reaction score

This is the kind of insane sh*t that is sure to get all conversations about dermarolling banned again.

bigjimmy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied minoxidil immediately after needling at 2mm earlier, didn’t have any problem apart from a minor stinging sensation.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody discovered something topical to apply to the scalp after wounding to provide nourishment to the hair follicles, expedite healing, increase collagen production, etc.? I’m trying to think of essential oil‘s, just some of the general ones that have been discussed are castor oil, rosemary, peppermint, perhaps even a Vitamin C/E oil

I made the mistake of using 36 needle head, Which are most certainly ruined my progress as I have now completed my eighth session so I should be seeing beneficial results according to at least one study I reviewed, but I may have even been making matters worse increasing my shedding rather than mitigating it

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I applied minoxidil immediately after needling at 2mm earlier, didn’t have any problem apart from a minor stinging sensation.
I’m sure it has been said on here before but wounding has actually been extensively studied and it’s pretty much unanimously agreed that it is not a good idea to apply minoxidil until at least 12 hours after wounding . For one it does increase the absorption and it could be bad for the heart in fact, and also wounding is meant to increase collagen production to the hair follicles and minoxidil Will actually counter that.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just posted the study on another thread specifically about laser devices, which I understand are basically considered to be useless… Which I do agree with when dealing with male pattern baldness. I just wonder about using them in combination with wounding. These lasers are purported to bring blood flow to the scalp, as long as they don’t interfere with the increase in collagen production that we desire from wounding it seems fairly viable that they could be used in conjunction, I’m just speculating obviously.

Efficacy and safety of a low-level laser device in the treatment of male and female pattern hair loss: a multicenter, randomized, sham device-controlled, double-blind study.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE:
We observed a statistically significant difference in the increase in terminal hair density between lasercomb- and sham-treated subjects. No serious adverse events were reported. Our results suggest that low-level laser treatment may be an effective option to treat pattern hair loss in both men and women. Additional studies should be considered to determine the long-term effects of low-level laser treatment on hair growth and maintenance, and to optimize laser modality.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24474647

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Noticing less blood and overall less pain (perhaps got used to it though, and can’t blame needles as they’re always new) during derminator sessions as time passes. Anyone else reporting the same?
Yeah I had the same thing today. Fourth session, pressed like never before (last time I bled like a pig), but less blood and redness I think as well. Will check again in the morning. Dunno if this is a good sign or not. I kinda think so! Looking forward to the next session!