Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I had the same thing today. Fourth session, pressed like never before (last time I bled like a pig), but less blood and redness I think as well. Will check again in the morning. Dunno if this is a good sign or not. I kinda think so! Looking forward to the next session!
My god if you do not see results with your regimen, there’s no hope... only thing is everyone seems to be going for 2mm Instead of just 1.5 mm now

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
My god if you do not see results with your regimen, there’s no hope... only thing is everyone seems to be going for 2mm Instead of just 1.5 mm now

Yeah I maintained for 10 years on finasteride, but now I need to step it up. Been receiding ever since on dutasteride (hair itself thick). Don't know what to do now, drop dutasteride or no. Just keep it steady for now. Already changed my minoxidil and added needling pretty much at the same time. But about the 1.5 vs 2mm, studies were done with 1.5 I think so should be fine. One of the main studies was with a 1,5 roller at least.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So one interesting thing I've noticed while doing scalp ridge pinches is that the left side, where my hair recession is a bit more advanced on the hairline than the right side, is noticeably harder to pinch.
Also, scalp feels amazing after these. They take long and they leave you with sore arms but damn, do they feel good.

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So one interesting thing I've noticed while doing scalp ridge pinches is that the left side, where my hair recession is a bit more advanced on the hairline than the right side, is noticeably harder to pinch.
Also, scalp feels amazing after these. They take long and they leave you with sore arms, but damn do they feel good.
same here , ive been doing the detumscene massages more for 2 weeks now. Going to stay consistent but all the good responders were those that focused on loosening the perimeter muscles of the scalp as well as nape, sides, ridges

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
same here , ive been doing the detumscene massages more for 2 weeks now. Going to stay consistent but all the good responders were those that focused on loosening the perimeter muscles of the scalp as well as nape, sides, ridges
Is it Rob's routine? It's the one I'm following and I've been using it for 5 days so far.
Good luck, man!

talesofdahustle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is it Rob's routine? It's the one I'm following and I've been using it for 5 days so far.
Good luck, man!
Yessir , pm me if you want to join the discord for the detumescence we have alot of members in there posting their results and regimens. I bought Rob's book 2 years ago and would do it on and off but the results ice seen into he discord are positive and keeping me disciplined now

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yessir , pm me if you want to join the discord for the detumescence we have alot of members in there posting their results and regimens. I bought Rob's book 2 years ago and would do it on and off but the results ice seen into he discord are positive and keeping me disciplined now
I don't have Discord, but I will keep close tabs on you. If I ever have it, I'll PM you!
Great to see people having positive experiences. I plan on doing mechanical stimulation only for a year. Microneedling + this regime. No nonsense; every 12 hours for 20 minutes and the sides for 25. Besides, it'll probably make for a good forearm workout.
See how far it gets me.
See ya around!

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I made the mistake of using 36 needle head, Which are most certainly ruined my progress as I have now completed my eighth session so I should be seeing beneficial results according to at least one study I reviewed, but I may have even been making matters worse increasing my shedding rather than mitigating it
I finished the 12th session on Friday night. I'm needling with an electric pen at 1.75 mm once a week using a 12 needle cartridge and have no results as of now whatsoever, neither new vellus nor new terminal hair.

In other words: You don't necessarily have no results because of the cartridge. It's well possible not to have any improvement after 3 months of diligent needling.
I just hope it's a case of "no results yet" instead of "treatment doesn't work for me".

Will continue until at least the 6 months mark, however due to my work I am not sure I can keep up the weekly needling cause my scalp usually stays red for a whole 3 days. Needling on Friday night means noticeable redness still on Monday.

Any forums or forum threads where long term "users" of this therapy hang out or document their progress? Also don't have Discord.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, scalp feels amazing after these. They take long and they leave you with sore arms but damn, do they feel good.
I started doing robs scalp massages in Jan 2018 until June. I stopped because it was the first time I saw diffused thinning on top. I didn't notice any shedding, just thinner hair. I started because of my crown. Not saying that it was the massages for 40 minutes a day, but I made the association anyways.

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My dermapen was out of battery so I used my £5 1.5mm dermaroller. Must say I'm noticing a lot more blood than I do with the pen. I also applied minoxidil directly after. I might start switching up what I use: I own 2 cheap dermarollers, 1 cheap dermapen and 1 kinda expensive dermapen. The increase in blood makes me worry my head had got used to the dermapen, or that the dermapen isn't as effective as I think it is.
I must confess I have always suspected this. We still don't have any evidence to say which wounding device is best, but something tells me a dermaroller is better for aggressively breaking up fibrosis. Dermapen seems to be better for pain tolerance and hence most people are easily sticking to the regimen without trying to withstand painful sessions, but rollers make slightly larger wounds and might draw out more blood, more growth factors, and increased angiogenesis.
I am thinking on getting a roller and alternate it with the pen.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started doing robs scalp massages in Jan 2018 until June. I stopped because it was the first time I saw diffused thinning on top. I didn't notice any shedding, just thinner hair. I started because of my crown. Not saying that it was the massages for 40 minutes a day, but I made the association anyways.
That's unfortunate... And rather strange, if it really was the massages.
So far I only feel like my scalp is alive after every session. But way too early to tell anything else.

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's unfortunate... And rather strange, if it really was the massages.
So far I only feel like my scalp is alive after every session. But way too early to tell anything else.
I might have made the association to convince myself that I shouldn't do it. It is really hard work although I did stick with it. I was glad to quit

HairOnTheEdge

My Regimen
Reaction score
5th session done today. A lot more blood than usual, like really noticeable especially on my temples. MyThinningConfidence's results are the only thing keeping me going and I'm not even at the three month mark. It's disheartening to see results here when it's always with min. I think I need to stay away from this thread for a while.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5th session done today. A lot more blood than usual, like really noticeable especially on my temples. MyThinningConfidence's results are the only thing keeping me going and I'm not even at the three month mark. It's disheartening to see results here when it's always with min. I think I need to stay away from this thread for a while.

I finished the 12th session on Friday night. I'm needling with an electric pen at 1.75 mm once a week using a 12 needle cartridge and have no results as of now whatsoever, neither new vellus nor new terminal hair.

In other words: You don't necessarily have no results because of the cartridge. It's well possible not to have any improvement after 3 months of diligent needling.
I just hope it's a case of "no results yet" instead of "treatment doesn't work for me".

Will continue until at least the 6 months mark, however due to my work I am not sure I can keep up the weekly needling cause my scalp usually stays red for a whole 3 days. Needling on Friday night means noticeable redness still on Monday.

Any forums or forum threads where long term "users" of this therapy hang out or document their progress? Also don't have Discord.

If you do not have any new hairs spouting after 1 month, it doesn't work for you. Most likely minoxidil isn't strong enough for your case. You need to add something else.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you do not have any new hairs spouting after 1 month, it doesn't work for you. Most likely minoxidil isn't strong enough for your case. You need to add something else.
You base this statement on what exactly? You speak with a lot of authority so i suppose you are the author of one of the studys?

I really don´t think any conclusions should be drawn before six months.People are so god damn impatient.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You base this statement on what exactly? You speak with a lot of authority so i suppose you are the author of one of the studys?

I really don´t think any conclusions should be drawn before six months.People are so god damn impatient.

Yeah 1 month is nothing, even though most would see vellus hair by then. Still, people need to give it some time.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its common sense. You should see at least some tiny vellus hairs after 1 month mark.