Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just reviewed my notes on the past 4 sessions.

I want to share these and I ask you guys to tell me which one happened to you. Those who already got good results please chime in.

1. First session with the pen was odd and I didn't know what pressure to put on my scalp and I heard this weird sound on my scalp like crunching.
I started at 1mm because I was a bit worried. Speed was lowest. There was no blood which made be feel like it was a waste of session. But there was two or three spots on my temples. I ended with 2 mm.

2. Second was better but still no blood. I was still concerned about the lack of blood, so I again thought I didn't apply enough pressure. Medium speed.

3. Third session was even better and more strategic. But there was no blood apart from the temples. My scalp felt hot and a bit tingly. The pain is enjoyable now. I miss it on weekdays and I can't wait for the next session. Medium speed

4. The quality went town a bit and it felt like a wasted session. It was all over the place. On some areas the pressure was higher but on others the pressure was weak. Medium speed. Did not feel good about this session at all. I understand it the long game but it felt like it does when you get a small injury and have to take a few days off from the gym.

Since, we are wounding once a week or once every two weeks, I feel like we should approach this strategically. Perfection doesn't exist but a good thorough session is important.

>>> Those who bleed, please share your needle length, your pressure at which you touch your scalp, and the speed of the pen. I also want to know how many times you pass over the same area.
I bleed with 1mm. Fastest speed and press the pen on my head to get the full length of the needle

spooon

Established Member
Reaction score
2nd session just completed (although have spent several weeks building up to 2mm).

I tried the Dr. Pen at 2.0mm at medium speed on crown and temples. The temples hurt more than the crown. No blood whatsoever.\

Immediately after I used Derminator v1 at fast speed again on 2.0mm. The applicator seems to glide across the scalp a lot easier than the Dr.Pen. Perhaps having it on a faster speed aids a smoother lateral motion This time lots of blood spots when I dabbed my head with a paper towel. No blood from crown just the temples and front scalp.

Any thoughts? It's almost as if the areas that are long gone, hurt less, and bleed less.

I am definitely sticking to the Derminator. I need to order some more of their cartridges I guess from Owndoc. I have a bunch of Dr. Pen cartridges but I don't think they fit the Derninator. Just searched the Owndoc page but couldn't find how to buy cartridges, has anyone here ordered cartridges for Derminator?

What do you guys do after finishing the session to tidy up as it were? Wash scalp with water?

EDIT - I think the owndoc webshop is down

Last edited:

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why am I bleeding like a mofo with 1.5 mm? And it hurts like hell, it's close to not being bearable in my opinion. I'm sore 2 to 3 days later.

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried the Dr. Pen at 2.0mm at medium speed on crown and temples. The temples hurt more than the crown. No blood whatsoever.\

Immediately after I used Derminator v1 at fast speed again on 2.0mm. The applicator seems to glide across the scalp a lot easier than the Dr.Pen. Perhaps having it on a faster speed aids a smoother lateral motion This time lots of blood spots when I dabbed my head with a paper towel. No blood from crown just the temples and front scalp.

Any thoughts? It's almost as if the areas that are long gone, hurt less, and bleed less

This seems consistent with most other people's experiences from my reading. Crown seems to be painless compared to other areas. Not sure if like you say - it is long gone ... so doesn't hurt? Or maybe it is just a less sensitive area of the scalp... ?

stillwaters

Reaction score
It's now been 7 weeks and I'm seeing a lot of not just thin terminals, but dark terminals just beginning to sprout through the skin.

I'm 36 and have been balding since a teenager. You could manually count the number of original terminals on my head in a couple minutes. I kept using minoxidil for the entire time just eventually out of habit. There's now a lot of thin terminals supporting the original thicker ones. Switched to 2mm last week, rolling hard.

I wish I could show you guys the pictures, but I have only a shitty cell phone and that isn't sensing any of the new thinner red hairs.

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's now been 7 weeks and I'm seeing a lot of not just thin terminals, but dark terminals just beginning to sprout through the skin.

I'm 36 and have been balding since a teenager. You could manually count the number of original terminals on my head in a couple minutes. I kept using minoxidil for the entire time just eventually out of habit. There's now a lot of thin terminals supporting the original thicker ones. Switched to 2mm last week, rolling hard.

I wish I could show you guys the pictures, but I have only a shitty cell phone and that isn't sensing any of the new thinner red hairs.
Keep it up, your hairline will be moving lower and lower as new hairs regrow.

hairDespair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2nd session just completed (although have spent several weeks building up to 2mm).

Any thoughts? It's almost as if the areas that are long gone, hurt less, and bleed less.
I saw a video of some lady doing a comparison session of dr. pen(pretty sure it was that brand) and derminator, and the derminator was said to be a lot more penetration

I decided against going with them for shipping time and the fact that I can easily get replacement needles off of amazon for dr. pen

On a side note, I question so many looking for bloody marks as positive results. Haven't the trials and studies said as long as there was redness(erythema?)?

Last edited:

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I saw a video of some lady doing a comparison session of dr. pen(pretty sure it was that brand) and derminator, and the derminator was said to be a lot more penetration

I decided against going with them for shipping time and the fact that I can easily get replacement needles off of amazon for dr. pen

On a side note, I question so many looking for bloody marks as positive results. Haven't the trials and studies said as long as there was redness(erythema?)?
Derminator will always be better because it doesnt work off batteries like Dr. Pen does. It will have a much more powerful motor.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I am definitely sticking to the Derminator. I need to order some more of their cartridges I guess from Owndoc. I have a bunch of Dr. Pen cartridges but I don't think they fit the Derninator. Just searched the Owndoc page but couldn't find how to buy cartridges, has anyone here ordered cartridges for Derminator?

What do you guys do after finishing the session to tidy up as it were? Wash scalp with water?

EDIT - I think the owndoc webshop is down

Navigation on their shop is annoying be sure to check compatibility of v1 and v2 to heads as i think you cant swap them and must buy for your version only

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wounds generally go through three stages as they repair (but remember, wound healing is not linear and wounds can progress both forwards and backwards through the phases on the road back to health).

During the Inflammatory Phase the body produces a natural response (inflammation) to the injury and forms a clot to stop the bleeding. Blood vessels dilate to allow essential cells (e.g. antibodies, white blood cells, growth factors, enzymes, and nutrients) to reach the wounded area. These cells create swelling, heat, pain, and redness, or the “inflammation” for which the phase is named.

The Proliferation Phase is when the wound is rebuilt. The wound contracts as a new network of blood vessels are constructed so that the tissue can receive sufficient oxygen and nutrients. In healthy stages of wound healing, the tissue is pink or red and uneven in texture and does not bleed easily. Dark tissue can be a sign of infection. Near the end of the proliferative stage, new skin cells resurface the injury.

Finally, the Maturation Phaseis when the wound fully closes and the scar begins to fade. This “remodelling” generally begins about 21 days after an injury and can continue for a year or more, however the healed wound area will always be weaker than the uninjured skin, generally only regaining 80% of the original tensile strength.
is this applicable to micro needles is its not like there's a huge area of tissue to rebuild and it not a full thickness injury depthwise

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I find it incredible that I'm the user you chose to pick out. I want to focus on results and have done nothing but, really.

There are 247 pages and over 4,000 posts of my results and I've only told people what I do and use. Do remember that someone started this thread and used my pics without permission before I knew this site existed - I've not complained about that and have stuck around to help.

You misunderstood. I only highlighted your case in regards to a PM breach and when I said "keep it results orientated" it was for all users to keep the discussion relevant which was mentioned over reports. In light of the reports about scams and sales we have a duty to look into it for concerned users and the wider community when it's been flagged up. I'm sure you can relate to that. As far as I can see right now, you're helping others and not simply spamming your links which is fine, in other words part of the community. Good luck to all involved in this.

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally, the Maturation Phaseis when the wound fully closes and the scar begins to fade. This “remodelling” generally begins about 21 days after an injury and can continue for a year or more, however the healed wound area will always be weaker than the uninjured skin, generally only regaining 80% of the original tensile strength.
If remodeling begins 21 days after wounding, do you guys who needle every 7-10-14 days benefit from that remodeling or you wound the area again and not letting the remodeling/healing process occur?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes!

Different wound depths obviously produce different response. An example is that micro needling does not product scarring in most individuals because of the depth. But there is now more than enough proof that the growth factors are released after a needling session. The other things that is also confirmed is new network of blood vessels are constructed so that the tissue can receive sufficient oxygen and nutrients. So this is basically re-vascularization which is important for those who have male pattern hairloss. Vascularization suffers because of the attack of DHT on hair follicles. There is vascular related differences in non-balding and balding scalps. Needling results in improved perifollicular vascularization.
Lol no i agree with this line of thinking i thought you were implying we should wait 21 days to 1 year between sessions

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If remodeling begins 21 days after wounding, do you guys who needle every 7-10-14 days benefit from that remodeling or you wound the area again and not letting the remodeling/healing process occur?
yea i was wondering that but if the follicles are at 4mm and damage is at 2mm are the follicles being negatively stressed or they catching the positive effect of growth factors ?

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You misunderstood. I only highlighted your case in regards to a PM breach and when I said "keep it results orientated" it was for all users to keep the discussion relevant which was mentioned over reports. In light of the reports about scams and sales we have a duty to look into it for concerned users and the wider community when it's been flagged up. I'm sure you can relate to that. As far as I can see right now, you're helping others and not simply spamming your links which is fine, in other words part of the community. Good luck to all involved in this.
Thank you! Good luck to you too.
Is it a possibility micro needling alone can speed up your hairloss?
It is possible that it can cause a temporary shedding, yes.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No that's not what I wanted to say. The key thing there was the growth factors and revascularization. So far both anecdotal experience and studies say weekly sessions are fine. The best results of complete turnaround within a couple of months were from 2 or 3 sessions per week i.e. the people who say they got excited and over did it. We need more studies or Follica to provide us with more information on frequency and the best depth.
while i could take the pain of twice a week and im ready to go by day 4 im scared of doing anymore than weekly lol

overpourgoodfortune

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Four weeks in today having done three sessions only (longer break during Christmas).

I've noticed some additional 'stray' hairs below my hairline. I only have had a couple mainstays for a couple years to keep track of. One is strong and so far down I usually shave it! So it's easy to notice anything else happening like these.

With the appearance of some new strays, I took a closeup photo of the receding corners of my forehead. Definitely some small hairs emerging from what looks like a field of blackheads or dark potholes. I don't have a baseline closeup photo to compare to unfortunately, but assume the texture of my scalp here was not like this. Or maybe it was with no growth? I'm curious to take another photo of this area in a month or two to compare.

rupture

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No that's not what I wanted to say. The key thing there was the growth factors and revascularization. So far both anecdotal experience and studies say weekly sessions are fine. The best results of complete turnaround within a couple of months were from 2 or 3 sessions per week i.e. the people who say they got excited and over did it. We need more studies or Follica to provide us with more information on frequency and the best depth.
where did you find the info on this ? I might try two a weeks on one of my temple points to see if its more effective

Ludachris Batbak

My Regimen
Reaction score
My last dermapen session was 10 days ago with a 36 needle cartridge and im' still flaking a lot. Also the minoxidil i do apply burns a lot the last days...maybe because i scratch my head too much. Definitely i will go back to 12 needles... is someone making the same experience?

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple of observations 5-6 weeks in now.

I have had new vellus and intermediate hairs growing the past month. Now however i have noticed some legit thick black hairs growing through. They are thick and completely dark. They are also smaller then my regular hair so i know they just starting popping up. Exciting but reminds me that this is still a marathon and not a sprint.

Also for those shedding. I never noticed one (could be how i wear my hair). However it could very well be those intermediate and smaller hairs getting out of the way for the new growth.

One other observation - I bleed alot less lately at 1.75 my past two sessions. Pain is less as well. Love how the scalp feels the rest of the week after. Also regrowth is happening in reverse order as some have noted. I don't have a terrible baseline, but its still looking positive.