Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

WishIHadHair2570

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys --

When posting results/updates, can you also let us know your type of balding/how long you've been balding?

It's discouraging to see people say they have no results, but restoring hair on a slick NW5 who hasn't had hair for 10 years is probably different than a 24 year old diffuse thinner who's only been thinning for a few years.

It'd be helpful for the community study.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also -- prior success/failures with other treatments could be helpful as well. It'd be interesting to see if non responders to finasteride/duta/minoxidil had any luck.

Last edited:

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wounds generally go through three stages as they repair (but remember, wound healing is not linear and wounds can progress both forwards and backwards through the phases on the road back to health).

During the Inflammatory Phase the body produces a natural response (inflammation) to the injury and forms a clot to stop the bleeding. Blood vessels dilate to allow essential cells (e.g. antibodies, white blood cells, growth factors, enzymes, and nutrients) to reach the wounded area. These cells create swelling, heat, pain, and redness, or the “inflammation” for which the phase is named.

The Proliferation Phase is when the wound is rebuilt. The wound contracts as a new network of blood vessels are constructed so that the tissue can receive sufficient oxygen and nutrients. In healthy stages of wound healing, the tissue is pink or red and uneven in texture and does not bleed easily. Dark tissue can be a sign of infection. Near the end of the proliferative stage, new skin cells resurface the injury.

Finally, the Maturation Phaseis when the wound fully closes and the scar begins to fade. This “remodelling” generally begins about 21 days after an injury and can continue for a year or more, however the healed wound area will always be weaker than the uninjured skin, generally only regaining 80% of the original tensile strength.
That's talking about actual wound where an entire patch of skin has been removed down to the derma layer. I don't think needling is the same. The very point of skin needling is to create tiny little channels reaching a certain depth to trigger healing response while minimizing the trauma, hence why unprecise wounding like with a roller is undesirable as we know.

ImpedingReceding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my sixth session yesterday. (once a week) I´m planning on posting progress pictures (or lack thereof) when i have been needling for at least 4 months. I only have temple recession which is notoriously hard to regrow. I had zero regrowth on finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil in the past, apart from maybe it thickening a bit on the hairline. The scalp area where i used to have hair which has gone slick bald however didn´t change at all. I used finasteride for years before adding dutasteride and i just maintained. What i am getting at is that if i get results that is due to microneedling.

I´ve noticed that the hairloss itch completely stops for the first five days or so after needling before slowly coming back so at least it does that!
I´m going back and forth between 1.5 and 2.0mm, i have a really sensitive scalp so it´s pretty damn painful but no pain no gain etc. I bleed heavily on both though so hopefully it works out

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I did my sixth session yesterday. (once a week) I´m planning on posting progress pictures (or lack thereof) when i have been needling for at least 4 months. I only have temple recession which is notoriously hard to regrow. I had zero regrowth on finasteride, dutasteride and minoxidil in the past, apart from maybe it thickening a bit on the hairline. The scalp area where i used to have hair which has gone slick bald however didn´t change at all. I used finasteride for years before adding dutasteride and i just maintained. What i am getting at is that if i get results that is due to microneedling.

I´ve noticed that the hairloss itch completely stops for the first five days or so after needling before slowly coming back so at least it does that!
I´m going back and forth between 1.5 and 2.0mm, i have a really sensitive scalp so it´s pretty damn painful but no pain no gain etc. I bleed heavily on both though so hopefully it works out
Kinda disheartening to see your history, as the worst part of my hair loss is the temple recession. Crown is also affected but it's thinning, so not too bad. I hope I can give the ol' Arabian goggles to hair loss by thickening it with microneedling.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my 3rd session and noticed small hairs fall after. maybe it's the minoxidil i have been using alongside? i have been using min for the last 6months but never shed until recently since i started the dermapen.
My question is this a positive sign that it's working?
When do people start noticing a difference?

Currently using: Dermapen 1.75-2.0mm weekly session
Note: although painful, i don't get any bleeding and neither is my skin red after it, just really tender. Whereas when i used a roller once before at 1.5mm it hurt like a biiiich and my skin was really red after. So not sure if i should move back onto the roller or stick with dermapen device.

Thanks

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Had my 3rd session and noticed small hairs fall after. maybe it's the minoxidil i have been using alongside? i have been using min for the last 6months but never shed until recently since i started the dermapen.
My question is this a positive sign that it's working?
When do people start noticing a difference?

Currently using: Dermapen 1.75-2.0mm weekly session
Note: although painful, i don't get any bleeding and neither is my skin red after it, just really tender. Whereas when i used a roller once before at 1.5mm it hurt like a biiiich and my skin was really red after. So not sure if i should move back onto the roller or stick with dermapen device.

Thanks
So if that's your third session and you started Minoxidil 6 months ago then one question remains; did you notice anything while using Minoxidil?
Still, the combination of both should not be treated as "one doing all the work". They both seem to do their parts.
And it is indeed a positive sign.
Godspeed homeslice.

kaspa99

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if that's your third session and you started Minoxidil 6 months ago then one question remains; did you notice anything while using Minoxidil?
Still, the combination of both should not be treated as "one doing all the work". They both seem to do their parts.
And it is indeed a positive sign.
Godspeed homeslice.

Minoxidil did nothing for me & gave no shed. Only recently have i been shedding while using it conjunction with the dermapen.
Hoping it's a good sign.
Also may alternate with the roller and pen, as roller seems to get my skin red but the dermapen doesn't despite at a 2mm length.
Very interesting to note that.

fran15

Reaction score
You guys that are using the Derminator/Derminator 2, how long do you do it for per session, assuming you were covering the whole nw5 area? I know one guy said 7:30, is that about right?

Also do you do it in circular motions like its say in the instruction manual?

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys that are using the Derminator/Derminator 2, how long do you do it for per session, assuming you were covering the whole nw5 area? I know one guy said 7:30, is that about right?

Also do you do it in circular motions like its say in the instruction manual?

I don’t count the time, and I think it’s irrelevant. I use it in fast mode, 1.5 mm and just pass a couple times in circular motion.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just glide it accross my scalp. I don't apply pressure it's impossible to do that unless your head is made out of stone lol

I apply pressure with 2mm pen, it hurts a bit but I believe this is what it takes to see results, i do bleed a bit but nothing bad, since I’ve been applying firm pressure with the pen my head stays quite sore and red for 3-4 days.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just glide it accross my scalp. I don't apply pressure it's impossible to do that unless your head is made out of stone lol
Yeah, I apply mild pressure with 2 mm too. Think of when you're applying deodorant.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once I've gone over my head back and forth a number of times, I actually dab or stamp every area with the needles going full speed...as I find the needles almost dig in down to the full 2mm and that's when I get the most amount of blood spots.

I feel like when gliding over the head, the needles don't actually go the full 2mm and when they do they get stuck, when gliding back and forth.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did session 5 pain went from 1 out of 10 previous sessions to 4 out of 10 specially up front head feel tender still now lol wtf

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Once I've gone over my head back and forth a number of times, I actually dab or stamp every area with the needles going full speed...as I find the needles almost dig in down to the full 2mm and that's when I get the most amount of blood spots.

I feel like when gliding over the head, the needles don't actually go the full 2mm and when they do they get stuck, when gliding back and forth.
Think your right i tried dabbing and goes deeper on the depth gauge read out too deep in fact with a derminator but yea spose its like letting wood saw or drill pick up speed by easing off and back in

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m useless when it comes to science but this is what Im getting from this is ..

Calcuim gradually builds up on your scalp and it stops the blood flow to the follicles need to survive.. needling breaks this up allowing blood now to get to the follicle and your hair starts to grow, which is whats happening to mine

I know people have mentioned it previously but how is this not as widely known as finastride already, it seems weird and obvious, especially for people in the hairloss industry, surely they know this?

Why is the big 3 not the big 4?

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m useless when it comes to science but this is what Im getting from this is ..

Calcuim gradually builds up on your scalp and it stops the blood flow to the follicles need to survive.. needling breaks this up allowing blood now to get to the follicle and your hair starts to grow, which is whats happening to mine

I know people have mentioned it previously but how is this not as widely known as finastride already, it seems weird and obvious, especially for people in the hairloss industry, surely they know this?

Why is the big 3 not the big 4?
I feel this was ignored on purpose as theres no product to patent or service to offer