Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
About to do my first session ever with a dermapen. Not sure if it is better to start with 0.5 and slowly reach 1.5mm or go directly at 1.5mm

Will report back in 1-2 hrs
Good luck, hombre.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I have used Minoxidil since July with little to no results, so my case will be interesting. I also have plenty of pictures.

Also Finasteride since almost 2 years which helped mantaining a little bit.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10/10 would pay for that if I wasn't broke.
this from their site implies they have a topical / topicals
"There is a window of opportunity in which we can potentially push them to choose the latter, and we believe there are multiple biological pathways to target to enhance this outcome." why no trials tho does that mean the topical allready exists for another use or is there another long *** wait in store

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What Norwood are you and how long have you been balding?
I am 24. My mathernal grandpa and uncles were much worse than my at my age. Dad NW1-2 until 40-45

Started about 2-3 years ago.

I would say I am around Nordoow 2 but with intense diffuse thinning, also my temple points are going.

Also I have brownish hair but now it is almost becoming red, not sure if related to male pattern baldness or all the sh*t I have tried for it or something else entirely.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
going to post some post-session Derminator2 photos. I just did 1.75mm for like 5-7 minutes all over my head.

Temples:
sci5iBW.png
ilSa5Wh.png

crown under sunlight(white stuff is flaking btw LOLI get massive dandruff now but whatever, still nonexistent shedding) I went hard on the crown on the highest setting for 1.75 and as you can see... there's barely any redness for me :
UTQGN3I.png

right side diffuse thinning, more erythema here because I go extra hard on my sides:
KvffpPD.png

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
going to post some post-session Derminator2 photos. I just did 1.75mm for like 5-7 minutes all over my head.

Temples:
View attachment 109726 View attachment 109727
crown under sunlight(white stuff is flaking btw LOLI get massive dandruff now but whatever, still nonexistent shedding) I went hard on the crown on the highest setting for 1.75 and as you can see... there's barely any redness for me :
View attachment 109728

right side diffuse thinning, more erythema here because I go extra hard on my sides:
View attachment 109729
lol yea when i shake my head a now i get a few hairs and snow storm use to just be hair still not daring to believe tho.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just finished my first session. I went 1.5mm with the dermapen and it was painful but nothing too bad. I didn't get much blood at all, more like 3-5 tiny spots here and there. It is much more painful for me in the temple points\sides. Crown and top I feel like I could have gone even more.

Did the redness appear gradually for you? Or did it stay the same? I am only slightly reddish.

Also I think I am being way too careful with Betadine + gloves + New cartridge + alchool for cleaning the cartridge (don't trust Chinese sellers lol).

P.S. Will be praying the dermarolling Gods lol

WishIHadHair2570

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 24. My mathernal grandpa and uncles were much worse than my at my age. Dad NW1-2 until 40-45

Started about 2-3 years ago.

I would say I am around Nordoow 2 but with intense diffuse thinning, also my temple points are going.

Also I have brownish hair but now it is almost becoming red, not sure if related to male pattern baldness or all the sh*t I have tried for it or something else entirely.

Sounds like we're both in the same boat. I just finished my 2nd session, no response from finasteride/duta really. Guess we'll see if this is the real deal.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Just did my 2nd session at 1.0 mm at medium speed with the a6 dermapen. First session hurt terribly, had a lot of blood.

This one however, blood was minimal, and it hurt much less. I'm doing it just at my crown and hairline at the moment, since those are the areas where I'm applying minoxidil.

I have a medium length buzz cut at the moment (hair is about an inch / inch and a half on top?) , but sometimes I'm finding my dermapen tugging at my hair? At least when I try to glide it. Lifting and pressing seems to be a better method, even after trying to part my hair to get as much scalp as possible.

I lift, press it for maybe like a second, and then lift again and continue on to the next spot. This is a little bit imprecise I guess, but as time goes on I'll hopefully get better at it.

layabout

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about waiting for a few months before I start needling my sides. I'm thinking when I reach the 3 month point and switch to needling every 10 days, then I add the sides. Mine are worse than yours.

What is your current needling frequency?
Are you applying minoxidil on your sides too?

I needle my entire head except the back where I have no hair loss

I go once a week because needling makes my scalp feel good
I apply .25mL minoxidil on sides and then .5 on top and crown once a day.

Skipping minoxidil tonight.

Last edited:

ryan r

Established Member
Reaction score
Bigger wounds trigger more growth hormone?

You know why transplant patients go through shock loss?

I don't know anything. With your post you made me wonder if the same goes for you.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this from their site implies they have a topical / topicals
"There is a window of opportunity in which we can potentially push them to choose the latter, and we believe there are multiple biological pathways to target to enhance this outcome." why no trials tho does that mean the topical allready exists for another use or is there another long *** wait in store
Saw that in their patent. No one knows what's going on there except for them, I just hope they deliver.

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Saw that in their patent. No one knows what's going on there except for them, I just hope they deliver.
Pardon you saying they have a patent that mentions a non minoxidil topical of some sort ? i don't get the delay even with nothing they could of been getting some people multi norwards back this past few years id happily pay to have someone else who knows what their doing stick needles in my head

Chromeo

Established Member
Reaction score
For those asking if it's ok to use a roller - yes, it's fine. The studies used dermarollers, not stamps or electronic devices. Members here are trying different methods depending on their preference / whatever they can afford.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pardon you saying they have a patent that mentions a non minoxidil topical of some sort ? i don't get the delay even with nothing they could of been getting some people multi norwards back this past few years id happily pay to have someone else who knows what their doing stick needles in my head
I mean that same quote is in their patent. Here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20180280675.pdf

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody started using this with trinov yet? Maybe that could be the final solution, needling minoxidil and trinov to address the DHT aswell

If anybody has used trinov with needling, have you got any side effects when used with needling?

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean that same quote is in their patent. Here: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20180280675.pdf

So this is basically a needling device that applies drugs aswell, so instead of needling then applying minoxidil it does it as it’s wounding... hmmm sounds like a complete waste of money to me... we have loads of other topicals we can try ourselves with needling yet, everything in the past that has only worked a bit or maybe only worked for some, we need to tey and couple all these with needling now, just look at how much is improves minoxidil, sandalor abd trinov could be the same