Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is basically a needling device that applies drugs aswell, so instead of needling then applying minoxidil it does it as it’s wounding... hmmm sounds like a complete waste of money to me... we have loads of other topicals we can try ourselves with needling yet, everything in the past that has only worked a bit or maybe only worked for some, we need to tey and couple all these with needling now, just look at how much is improves minoxidil, sandalor abd trinov could be the same
i had my eye on tretinoin for a while but not desperate enough yet to start rubbing random sh*t in fresh wounds tho saying that just read a study that says it makes things worse

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would someone who knows what they are looking at kindly do a comparison with finastride 6 month study and needling + minoxidil 6 month study

This would be a massive help to the thread, I’ve had a look myself but I have no clue what most of the stuff in the study means and probably end up putting false info out if I tried

PeggyPeterson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody started using this with trinov yet? Maybe that could be the final solution, needling minoxidil and trinov to address the DHT aswell

If anybody has used trinov with needling, have you got any side effects when used with needling?
The problem with Trinov is that, unlike needling, the available evidence says that it does close to nothing in terms of regrowth and thickness, and we don't even know if it maintains because the study only tested it for 6 months (a laughable time window to test maintenance). So if you go with Trinov, you will be investing a high amount of money for practically no additional effect.
I'd say you should at least wait for the people of this forum to reach the 1 year mark trying Trinov.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with Trinov is that, unlike needling, the available evidence says that it does close to nothing in terms of regrowth and thickness, and we don't even know if it maintains because the study only tested it for 6 months (a laughable time window to test maintenance). So if you go with Trinov, you will be investing a high amount of money for practically no additional effect.
I'd say you should at least wait for the people of this forum to reach the 1 year mark trying Trinov.

Yeh I understand what you mean mate,

What my point is that we have seen how much needling helps with minoxidil, and when they tested trinov they tested it without needling, maybe if we added it along with needling it could do what it does with minoxidil and who knows maybe even better

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeh I understand what you mean mate,

What my point is that we have seen how much needling helps with minoxidil, and when they tested trinov they tested it without needling, maybe if we added it along with needling it could do what it does with minoxidil and who knows maybe even better
I know what you mean. But consider this:

The fact that the combination of needling and minoxidil works well is because both of them also work well alone, without the other one (we know this based on empirical data). I'd say that to think a topical will work well in combination with needling, at least a condition would be that it works well alone as well, so its effect would be stacked with the effects of needling. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case for Trinov, so there should be better candidates to experiment on, such as rosemary oil (weaker than minoxidil, but arguably stronger than Trinov).
Perhaps you would think that needling will improve Trinov absorbtion so it can reach the follicles more efficiently, but in theory, the Trinov lotion already "solves" that issue with the addition of liposomes, and nevertheless its efficacy for regrowth was minimal in the published study.
The only hope left for Trinov is that somehow, it miraculously works well in the community trial being conducted here in the long term, which would strangely contradict the already published study.

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is using retinoids for his clinical trial at Johns Hopkins.. shame the end date is 2025! NFI why these studies take so long

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03491267
lol they are using heat instead of cold steel so that data invalidated as they changed 2 variables in a fairly unknown field and are taking 6 years to find out something they should know in 3 to 6 months their just burning research money for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

The fact that the combination of needling and minoxidil works well is because both of them also work well alone, without the other one (we know this based on empirical data). I'd say that to think a topical will work well in combination with needling, at least a condition would be that it works well alone as well, so its effect would be stacked with the effects of needling. Sadly, this does not seem to be the case for Trinov, so there should be better candidates to experiment on, such as rosemary oil (weaker than minoxidil, but arguably stronger than Trinov).
Perhaps you would think that needling will improve Trinov absorbtion so it can reach the follicles more efficiently, but in theory, the Trinov lotion already "solves" that issue with the addition of liposomes, and nevertheless its efficacy for regrowth was minimal in the published study.
The only hope left for Trinov is that somehow, it miraculously works well in the community trial being conducted here in the long term, which would strangely contradict the already published study.
hasn't this 2 month thread beaten trinov multiple times with results show if you compare the photos their team of experts took years to come up with.

Jaka

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I completed 6 sessions so far. I didn't apply anything after for the first 2 sessions. Just rinsed with cold water. My scalp was itchy and I felt some mild pain in some areas for days after every time. I wasn't going to do it again but I figured that I'll test one more time with organic castor oil since it is an anti-inflammatory and moisturizer. I washed my hair with cold water and lightly applied a mist of castor oil immediately after my 3rd session. No itching or pain after. I applied the oil again the next day but a lot more and didn't have any problems with my scalp the whole week. I added a few drops of rosemary oil to the castor oil and followed the same procedure for sessions 4 and 5. Scalp feels normal so I am going to stick with doing this. I might test a higher concentration of rosemary and might also add peppermint in the future.

I have a question though. In this article it mentions that castor oil promotes wound healing by stimulating tissue growth. Is this good or bad thing for microneedling?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/castor-oil#section3

Last edited:

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anybody started using this with trinov yet? Maybe that could be the final solution, needling minoxidil and trinov to address the DHT aswell

If anybody has used trinov with needling, have you got any side effects when used with needling?
@JonnyGo
upload_2019-1-16_18-31-41.png

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...e-market-in-2016.96791/page-1486#post-1750042

Notreallyhere

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lumps are bad.
Very bad!
Indeed but it seems to me that someone would report a asteroid strike as a side effect of treatment if the opportunity arose on this forum a lot of unlucky people sides wise here. Surly effects on open head wounds and entering the blood stream would of been flagged up in their testing before market release. Because a cut head occurs often would defo happen regardless of needling to some one who actively used the product at some point.

Last edited:

ToLGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I completed 6 sessions so far. I didn't apply anything after for the first 2 sessions. Just rinsed with cold water. My scalp was itchy and I felt some mild pain in some areas for days after every time. I wasn't going to do it again but I figured that I'll test one more time with organic castor oil since it is an anti-inflammatory and moisturizer. I washed my hair with cold water and lightly applied a mist of castor oil immediately after my 3rd session. No itching or pain after. I applied the oil again the next day but a lot more and didn't have any problems with my scalp the whole week. I added a few drops of rosemary oil to the castor oil and followed the same procedure for sessions 4 and 5. Scalp feels normal so I am going to stick with doing this. I might test a higher concentration of rosemary and might also add peppermint in the future.

I have a question though. In this article it mentions that castor oil promotes wound healing by stimulating tissue growth. Is this good or bad thing for microneedling?

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/castor-oil#section3
I can't really answer your question cause I'm not informed well enough. It would be interesting to assess what happens if you accelerate healing after needling. Perhaps somebody else with enough knowledge can answer this??