Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless | Page 157 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Discussion in 'New Research, Studies, and Technologies' started by ZenHead, Oct 10, 2018.

1. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Could you possibly help me

2. infinitepain

infinitepain Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Most dermapens i've seen market their product as effective for hairloss at 0,3mm

Why are people using 1,5mm needles, and what research do we have long term to know that we will not inflict too much inflammation and thus worsen things up?

3. albert

albert Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because we have studies that have used that depth and people who have successfully used those. No long-term research done, this is just experimental.

Bill_Russo likes this.
  4. Bill_Russo

Bill_Russo Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
  5. FCKW36

FCKW36 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    253 pages and you want to tell me that nobody sticked to this treatment in the past?

6. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Correctamundo. Wanna know why? Because those dudes were stopping at 12 weeks like the Indian study did, which is what they were following.

7. hairloss_user

hairloss_user Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thing is most in that thread don't seem to be active anymore, so we won't know.

FrenchMoustache and Bill_Russo like this.
  8. NilesCrane

NilesCrane Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't, do you just smear oil on you had after a weekly session? I might try with brotzu

9. Francesco17

Francesco17 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I mix a squirt of aloe vera gel with five drops of rosemary oil and four drops of cedarwood oil, and rub the mix on bald spots - every night, skipping needling night

10. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Always curious. You think the intermittant fasting ever helped with hair? Not saying regrowth or anything. I think it played a roll in me maintaining although i'm never sure. I just kept doing it cause i never eat breakfast plus for health benefits. Read so many reports online of people with arthritis and acne problems that have said fasting helped, so i said what the hell i'll keep doing it for hair. Hoping this approach may help my needling results even more long term. Helps the scalp environment.

FrenchMoustache likes this.
  11. sportsguy97

sportsguy97 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Awesome appreciate the response. I only ask because this hair loss thing is so weird. I talked to couple people recently. Freinds of family members. A couple of these people have brothers who are completely bald.... yet these people are literally NW0 with zero thinning. Same with my fam I have people completely bald and others with full heads of hair. Some in the middle and I know they never touched a treatment.

It’s a weird thing and I def don’t think it’s all genetics. That’s why I ask about IF and maybe it could help with the autoimmune anti inflammatory part while we use other treatments. At least I hope lol.

Btw I also love how my scalp feels a day or so after doing this. Last session I went over the entire thing more than I did the previous. Prob a colouple extra times all over. Really only takes like 10-15 mins.

What I’m most interested in is if we do gain hair back how often we’d have to do this to maintain. I mean I could handle it every week easily. Still I’d wonder if we’d have to.

12. 9982

9982 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I read that fasting can screw with blood sugar and cause cortisol levels to spike. That means inflammation, whether it affects the scalp, I'm not sure but cortisol affects hormones. Keeping blood sugar level and consistent is important.

Capone likes this.
  13. Capone

Capone Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Dark hairs could just be the remnants of the toppik.. stuff is very hard to wash out completely.

Bill_Russo likes this.
  14. yayapapaya

yayapapaya Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    As soon as you stop minoxidil, your gains will disappear in 2-3 months tops. I said it before, needling on its own is useless. I needled with seti, not minoxidil, for 1+ years. As long as you needle + take something else, you will slowly regrow. Needling is a great way to supplement your main medication.

15. yayapapaya

yayapapaya Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    1. Are you still needling?
    Started again. Needled for 1+ years with seti.

2. What are you needling with?
    Derminator.

3. What depth?
    1.5mm. Thinking of going 1.75 because u dont achieve perfect 1.5 if you tilt needling device i think.

4. How often do you needle?
    Once a week.

5. Do you still go for blood, or do you just achieve redness?
    Sometimes i have some blood droplets, sometimes not.

6. Have you mainted your gains?
    Needling is a supplement to a real medication. As soon as I stop real medication(seti), I lose ALL gains in 3 months.

7. Is your hair still improving?
    Hair continues to improve as long as I needle and take real meds. I believe needling is causing regrowth, and seti slows down balding process. Also, needling is a slow process. 3 months isn't enough for me, I had nice improvements after 8-9 months.

8. Do you take any type of medication or minoxidil?
    Seti. Never needled with minoxidil. I leave LiCl on my head for 1-2 hours after needling.

16. albert

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    “needling on its own is useless” is at most a personal opinion, no offense. One of the studies had a group who needle alone and got regrowth (better than minoxidil alone). Some people here also needle without any medication. Nobody argues that needling + something else is better (the study pointed out that, and I personally use both needling and minoxidil) but needling alone is not useless in at least many cases.

17. kiwi666

kiwi666 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You just have to ignore yayablahblah he makes things up like they are fact, can’t be trusted.

18. Meeee199

Meeee199 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Can anyone tell me if dermarolling can maintain hair or is it just for hair regrowth

Bill_Russo likes this.
  19. albert

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    By the way, I mentioned here that I was a dermaroller + minoxidil user before and even though I saw regrowth, I had to stop because it became completely unbearable. I started with Derminator a month ago and I can for sure keep up at this.

I’m saying this because I was checking my old posts and noticed two things:

A) I used a 1.5mm dermaroller but I didn’t draw much blood. With Derminator I have blood all over. For sure this may mean that Derminator penetrates deeper or actually goes all the way to 1.5mm since you’re not manually pushing.
    B) And that I had results. Yeah, and I had pics. Check the latest one I posted: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...thoughts-comments.69374/page-139#post-1145835. Nowadays I’m buzzed and much worse off than in those (I halted minoxidil some time after that) but you can see it was starting to fill the temples, slowly but steady.

I have confidence I’ll eventually recover ground. I see some very very minor regrowth already, I’ll just be patient.

mpanju, MinervaCGI and Bill_Russo like this.
  20. thetdog666

thetdog666 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    he says in number 6 needling is a supplement adn loses gains. then in number 7 needling causes regrowth. Bit of a contradiction i would say.

21. Bill_Russo

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey, buddy.
    So far, all we got is mostly anecdotal evidence about what long term needling does, but there is one person in this thread who's been needling for 5 years, somewhat consistently. Got regrowth + maintenance throughout those years.

22. nohairnolife

nohairnolife Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    FrenchMoustache likes this.