Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top left picture (dry hair) from november 11, one month after my first needling session. Top right (oily hair) and bottom picture (dry hair) are from today. Obviously different lighting and hair length on both of these, but still. Look at the top front and top right. What do you think?

nu3TwRR.jpg

verne2k

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Top left picture (dry hair) from november 11, one month after my first needling session. Top right (oily hair) and bottom picture (dry hair) are from today. Obviously different lighting and hair length on both of these, but still. Look at the top front and top right. What do you think?

View attachment 107861

do you just needle or use something else too ? (minoxidil etc)

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107861
That's mad regrowth in such a short period, guessing you started losing hair fairly recently? Possibly dermapens could have much more potential than shitty Chinese rollers

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah man been receeding since I was like 17, but have really slow hairloss. Got on min like 8 years ago.
8 years sh*t son, i always thought one mechanism of action behind minoxidil is it's ability to inhibit collagen formation. Most people consider this a bad thing, and it would be if it goes too systematic or spreads to the face, but if fibrosis is indeed made up of excess collagen then it may explain your rapid regrowth. Keep at it man

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going through my second full peeling of the scalp. So many dandruff in my hair, it looks like snow like on your third photo. This sh*t it painful.
It's nothing on the skin shedding from chemical peels. I've found if it's really bad and you need to leave the house or see people without a hat on then mix a little coconut oil with water and massage your scalp with it, the moisture instantly hides away the flaking skin

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a slow balder then man, my hair got fried quickly (NW2 to NW4 in probably a year). I remember having a bath one day, getting out and after emptying the water there was hundreds of hairs stuck to the bathtub, I freaked.
f*****g hairloss wrecks your self confidence and induces social anxiety. As a 32 yr old guy having dealt with this condition for the past 6 years I can tell you most women don't care, shave it off and go alpha. There are far worse conditions to be slave of.

Guys drinking a little water won't do sh*t haha honestly when I was rolling with a 3mm roller I'd take a swig of whiskey and rail a line of ketamine (r-isomer or racemic as used in hospitals for trauma and depression, s-isomer will just make you trip balls without the anesthesia).
Just f*****g jump in there and try not to grind your teeth to bits with the pain. If you are doing it twice a month you will want to be thorough though, push it right down into your scalp, no pussying around. Should take about 15-20mins to cover all areas.
As a side note; I change the needles each time I use my pen (they are cheap enough on eBay), but the budget ones I bought don't seem to be the same needle length as the official dr pen needle catridges. Because of this I set my pen to max depth which is 3mm, but I would say it's only getting to 2mm. I am sure about this because I set it to 0.5mm and the needles don't even protrude out the end of the pen.
Needling at this depth separates the men from the boys, but I honestly think it's one of the only ways to restore a fibrotic scalp environment. I can't imagine any other treatment being able to grow hair through this layer of cement (scar tissue / excess collagen / calcium deposits) that is present in advanced hairloss.
Also this takes a long time, most of you guys will quit within a few months due to pain or impatience, you guys don't have a voice or opinion here sorry, if you havent stuck to it religiously for a year plus then don't bother clogging up the thread.
Also don't bother spewing words and getting everyone hyped that you regrew your hair in one month, then we see your photos and there's no visible loss from baseline pics.
To everyone, don't ask me any more repeat questions, no time for people who won't make the effort to read.

Awesome post man, and as everyone has said thank you for providing the insight. I think people don't realize even if they aren't seeing overall results within three months it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't getting them. I'm seeing alot of positives, thickening of existing hair, but one amazing thing is the vellus hairs you can see at the hairline under "only certain light". That means that this is working. I think patience is definitely key. One other cool thing is now when i apply minoxidil i used to lose 10 or so hairs maybe more. Now i literally lose 1-2.

Lets just say we did all get good regrowth and achieved the results we wanted. Do you think we could then needle less frequently to maintain? Personally i don't care if i have to do it once a week the rest of my life it really hasn't bothered me. However i'm just wondering if it would be necessary at that point.

On edit - I realized you said a couple posts back about you literally stopped for months and never lost ground. Just was wondering about your opinion overall.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome post man, and as everyone has said thank you for providing the insight. I think people don't realize even if they aren't seeing overall results within three months it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't getting them. I'm seeing alot of positives, thickening of existing hair, but one amazing thing is the vellus hairs you can see at the hairline under "only certain light". That means that this is working. I think patience is definitely key.

Lets just say we did all get good regrowth and achieved the results we wanted. Do you think we could then needle less frequently to maintain? Personally i don't care if i have to do it once a week the rest of my life it really hasn't bothered me. However i'm just wondering if it would be necessary at that point.

What I'm wondering is what happens if we drop minoxidil after we get the results we want. Wonder if needling alone will keep that hair.

sportsguy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'm wondering is what happens if we drop minoxidil after we get the results we want. Wonder if needling alone will keep that hair.

Well according to the couple anecdotes we have it seems like its definitely possible. I mean personally i can deal with minoxidil. I just would never touch finasteride again. Obviously if i could maintain at that point by wounding once a month heavily just on its own i'd be happy.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well according to the couple anecdotes we have it seems like its definitely possible. I mean personally i can deal with minoxidil. I just would never touch finasteride again. Obviously if i could maintain at that point by wounding once a month heavily just on its own i'd be happy.

That would be awesome. You save both money and a ton of time by doing this, and your face will most likely get to look a lot better even if you didn't get wrinkles. If a few users actually came out and say it worked, then I would consider it for sure.

It would have to come from those who have been on min for years or a longer time though.

albert

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody knows the answer to those. My totally non-fact based opinion is that once desired coverage is achieved, less frequent wounding would be needed for maintenance (I’m personally doing it every 2 weeks and seeing good stuff).

For minoxidil, I still suspect that stopping it will give you some sort of shedding, but with continued maintenance wounding the shed would be recovered.

I use minoxidil with wounding to give it a boost and motivate myself more, but if I had enough hair I doubt I’d still apply it because it makes hair look really crappy.

As usual: only one way to know these things. Just keep it up folks.

benjt2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, we have a wealth of information in here by now, but over time it becomes difficult to track, to really get the "big picture", and to keep track of the developments of the various individuals trying this.

What do you think about some kind of survey in a separate dermarolling survey thread, where each member can update/edit their survey post when they feel there's relevant new info (e.g. once a month)? That way, we could have everyone's results in one place in an ordered fashion and could keep the discussion here in this thread.

What do you think?

I suggest the following to start; please add more (useful) fields you can think of. If many members agree, we could start a result/survey thread:

Nickname:
Current Norwood:
Treatment history:
  • [treatment1] since [month/year] until [month/year]
  • [treatment2] since [month/year] until [month/year]
  • and so on
Needling since: [specify date or month/year]
Needling until: ["still needling"; otherwise specify date or month/year in case you stopped]
Needling frequency (average): [daily/weekly/biweekly etc.]
Needling, total number of sessions:
Needling device: [roller/stamp/pen and brand]
Needling depth/needle length: [specify mm]
Needling intensity: [no redness / mild redness / redness / drawing few drops of blood / drawing lots of blood]
Needling side effects: [please specify, e.g. redness for X days, flaking after Y days, etc.]
Using minoxidil: [yes/no]
Using other treatments at the same time: [please specify]
Witnessing regrowth: [yes/no]
Regrowth since: [please specify as month/year or from start of needling, in weeks and/or months]
Pattern of regrowth: [please describe, i.e. only vellus or also terminal and in which areas]
Photos showing own progress or lack thereof: [please add photos, preferrably with timestamp on photo]

We could also start a Google Docs Survey to have a nice table afterwards.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, man. I don't think it's a good idea to post that. Pics like that were the reason the first thread was closed.

I agree that’s why the old thread was closed but maybe now there is more appetite to see the different lengths people goto.

I honestly think if people are going to get upset over that “and snitch” then they deserve to be bald :p

MinervaCGI

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 107861

LOL What the f*** is this?

You are on your way to NW1.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about some kind of survey in a separate dermarolling survey thread, where each member can update/edit their survey post when they feel there's relevant new info (e.g. once a month)? That way, we could have everyone's results in one place in an ordered fashion and could keep the discussion here in this thread.

What do you think?
I think it's a good idea, man. Let's see if others agree.

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally my plan is to hit full regrowth with wounding every 7-9 days and minoxidil twice daily (though the latter has only affected me negatively thus far). Once I am back to NW1 I will drop minoxidil and wound for maintenance once a month with some head massages. I have kept my hair for the past 4-5 years with massages and wounding so yes I know it's possible without drugs. And noni don't think I will lose all my hair again after dropping minoxidil, it's not dependent on an synthetic drug, whatever broscience says. Im still amazed by hairloss_user's results, I haven't seen regrowth soo quickly with any other treatments, that should shut the doubters up. What is interesting is that he had been using minoxidil for a number of years (with apparently minimum results) prior to wounding, then after using a dermapen his results skyrocketed, just like the guy referenced by the OP (7484...whatever)

INT

Reaction score
Personally my plan is to hit full regrowth with wounding every 7-9 days and minoxidil twice daily (though the latter has only affected me negatively thus far). Once I am back to NW1 I will drop minoxidil and wound for maintenance once a month with some head massages.

Bad idea

Headdy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Personally my plan is to hit full regrowth with wounding every 7-9 days and minoxidil twice daily (though the latter has only affected me negatively thus far). Once I am back to NW1 I will drop minoxidil and wound for maintenance once a month with some head massages. I have kept my hair for the past 4-5 years with massages and wounding so yes I know it's possible without drugs. And noni don't think I will lose all my hair again after dropping minoxidil, it's not dependent on an synthetic drug, whatever broscience says. Im still amazed by hairloss_user's results, I haven't seen regrowth soo quickly with any other treatments, that should shut the doubters up. What is interesting is that he had been using minoxidil for a number of years (with apparently minimum results) prior to wounding, then after using a dermapen his results skyrocketed, just like the guy referenced by the OP (7484...whatever)
What is your massage routine?
Do you know from experience that massages help?
Or you've only done it parallel to wounding so you can't tell for sure how much (if at all) it has helped?

Last edited: