Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

ghosthairkillah

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Should dermapenning only be done once a fortnight? I see conflicting stuff, like the Chinese study was once a fortnight and others in here talk about once a week.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck mate.

Some advices before you start :

1. Start with the less painful part of your scalp (for me it's the hairline), when you are familiar with the pain, then go to the vertex (it will hurt) and then slowly go to the middle of the scalp (this is where it hurts the most).

2. Don't think about it too much before doing it, otherwise you will be aprehending the pain and it will be a lot more painful.

3. If you shave your beard with an electric razor, do it before needling. The razor helps you to be familiar with the noise. It's less painful this way, because the noise of the pen makes you think a lot.

4. Paracetamol can help you with the pain. You will have a sort of headache after your first session, it helps. If you have some pills at home, you can take 1g. If the headache persists, you can take 1g more 6 hours later.

5. If the pain is too much for you, wet your hair and your scalp. It helps a lot (don't know why).

6. If you have a bluetooth speaker and a smartphone, then put a podcast or something you really like. It will distract your brain from the pain.

Those things help me a lot more than one would think.

Bonne chance !
Thank you very much, Frenchie! I didn't consider some of these.
I thought about listening to some relaxing music too, like the one I listen to when I go to sleep.
Or maybe even blast some loud f*****g music, perhaps something like Gojira. That way I can scream with the singer, haha.
Good luck to you too!

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll ask again, hope someone can answer this. I got what looks like a birthmark on my scalp. Would it be safe to needle over this area? If not, I'm not sure how I would avoid that.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll ask again, hope someone can answer this. I got what looks like a birthmark on the middle of my scalp. Would it be safe to needle over this area? If not, I'm not sure how I would avoid that.
Looks like birthmarks are listed as one of the things microneedling can treat, so probably safe to needle there.

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool, just worried about if there is any cancer risk or some sh*t like that.

Then again we all know everything gives you cancer today.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cool, just worried about if there is any cancer risk or some sh*t like that.

Then again we all know everything gives you cancer today.
No joke. Soda, sausages and even microneedling itself, apparently. Haha.
Of course, they conveniently present an alternative to microneedling in the form of a f*****g $80 cream right at the end of that article.

Last edited:

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are 5 speeds on my pen. How dose the speed affect the healing process and what speed is the optimal for the treatment? Which do you guys use?

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotten massive thickening on some areas. When I look back at a photo I took one month after I started needling, there is an area on the front of my my scalp that was basically super thin. Now I looked at a photo I took today and it's super thick and dark and that's just one area. There is clear progress.

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Gotten massive thickening on some areas. When I look back at a photo I took one month after I started needling, there is an area on the front of my my scalp that was basically super thin. Now I looked at a photo I took today and it's super thick and dark and that's just one area. There is clear progress.
you put up any pics?