Very Impressive Dermarolling And Minxodil Results - From Tressless

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
The combo of minoxidil and wounding is crazy. Btw you losing hair because of minoxidil could be a sign it's working, don't give up.
Yep I know man, I'm patient and aware of hair cycles, I'll keep at minoxidil for at least another year

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just so you guys have a bit of a reference; during his 5 year period of wounding, Kitedude used Minoxidil for 6 months in the beginning, then dropped it and kept wounding. Did not lose any gains up until he got lazy and stopped wounding.
Not saying this will apply to everyone, but it's the best example we got so far.

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your massage routine?
Do you know from experience that massages help?
Or you've only done it parallel to wounding so you can't tell for sure how much (if at all) it has helped?
I used to do just massage, detumescence therapy, along with some supplements (like ecklonia cava, MSM) and maintained my hair for a few years

hairloss_user

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think the minoxidil kept my hair at baseline for a few years, but eventually it got thinner, but I've still been using it because I don't want to lose what's there already. That's why I'm really hoping when I get the desired results, I can just drop minoxidil and maintain with wounding alone. That would be f*****g amazing, but I'm afraid shedding will occur anyway. The hair that's been there for years is dependent on that sh*t, but still if wounding could keep it, it'd be incredible.

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just think the minoxidil kept my hair at baseline for a few years, but eventually it got thinner, but I've still been using it because I don't want to lose what's there already. That's why I'm really hoping when I get the desired results, I can just drop minoxidil and maintain with wounding alone. That would be f*****g amazing, but I'm afraid shedding will occur anyway. The hair that's been there for years is dependent on that sh*t, but still if wounding could keep it, it'd be incredible.
Hair is not dependent on minoxidil, it's dependent on the effects the drug has on your scalp environment. Looking at the mechanisms behind minoxidil; antiinflammatory, increased bloodflow, vasodilation, inhibition of scalp dht (probably due to increased blood oxygen levels), wounding achieves all this over a longer duration. Makes perfect sense that the combination is synergistic, but once you have completely remodeled your scalp I think minoxidil won't be necessary. Yes this is me theorising, we'll find out the answer in due course.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone got any results on dermarolling alone? With no minoxidil?
Tbh i would be satisfied with maintenance with slight thickening since i have diffuse thinning.

I have a 1,5mm dermaroller that i can use.

Bill_Russo

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone got any results on dermarolling alone? With no minoxidil?
Tbh i would be satisfied with maintenance with slight thickening since i have diffuse thinning.

I have a 1,5mm dermaroller that i can use.
Not trying to be rude, but you literally have to go 4-5 pages back to find a post with a success story doing needling alone (well, with scalp massages).
Please, people. Not saying you have to read the whole thing, but at least make the effort of reading some of the last pages before asking questions.
It's not just him, by the way. A few people here have had success doing needling with no Minoxidil.

ZidaneBaldGod

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not trying to be rude, but you literally have to go 4-5 pages back to find a post with a success story doing needling alone (well, with scalp massages).
Please, people. Not saying you have to read the whole thing, but at least make the effort of reading some of the last pages before asking questions.
It's not just him, by the way. A few people here have had success doing needling with no Minoxidil.

Sorry dude unfortunately i'm super busy, had no time to read the thread.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I KNOW he will lose the minoxidil gains. If you are a responder to minoxidil you will only keep your gains as long as you keep on using it. You cannot keep minoxidil gains with something that is not minoxidil.

Lets be honest....what you are saying is true, when you only have 1 variable....minoxidil on its own....when you are adding in Microneedling, that MAY not be the case, its something we are going to have to find out by testing and something I will be doing...if once im happy with the amount of regrowth in a year or so, I will slowly stop minoxidil, but carry on needling.

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because I KNOW he will lose the minoxidil gains. If you are a responder to minoxidil you will only keep your gains as long as you keep on using it. You cannot keep minoxidil gains with something that is not minoxidil.
Because YOU KNOW. Based on what exactly? Clap clap, well done on your great points and contribution to the thread. Your probably won't recognise this as sarcasm either. This place is full of absolute muppets. Good luck to the people actually contributing here, but I'm outta here. I may try to bring back stopaga if the server and database hasn't been dropped

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets be honest....what you are saying is true, when you only have 1 variable....minoxidil on its own....when you are adding in Microneedling, that MAY not be the case, its something we are going to have to find out by testing and something I will be doing...if once im happy with the amount of regrowth in a year or so, I will slowly stop minoxidil, but carry on needling.
Good luck with that. minoxidil is potent and your hair will rely on it.

INT

Reaction score
Because YOU KNOW. Based on what exactly? Clap clap, well done on your great points and contribution to the thread. Your probably won't recognise this as sarcasm either. This place is full of absolute muppets. Good luck to the people actually contributing here, but I'm outta here. I may try to bring back stopaga if the server and database hasn't been dropped

Dude, I am almost here for a decade. I probably have read hundreds of cases like this and it never EVER worked. I am only trying to help you by saying that your plan will not work. Sure, that might not be what you want to read but it is the truth regardless.

Good luck.

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with that. minoxidil is potent and your hair will rely on it.

Well ive been slowly losing my hair on it for the last 5 years....Microneedling is the only thing ive tried that's made a positive difference....so we shall see.

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude, I am almost here for a decade. I probably have read hundreds of cases like this and it never EVER worked. I am only trying to help you by saying that your plan will not work. Sure, that might not be what you want to read but it is the truth regardless.

Good luck.
You've read hundreds of cases of wounding and minoxidil? Wow, fill us in then

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well ive been slowly losing my hair on it for the last 5 years....Microneedling is the only thing ive tried that's made a positive difference....so we shall see.
If microneedling is helping then why jump in minoxidil only to come off of it and be behind baseline?

Hairyshowers

My Regimen
Reaction score
My plan has already worked, I've maintained my hair for the past 5 years without drugs. I put up a thread 30 pages long full of photos of me regrowing my hair with dermarolling ALONE. Please stop spilling guesswork

Francky85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If microneedling is helping then why jump in minoxidil only to come off of it and be behind baseline?

Because I've always been on minoxidil and don't want to stop while im trying to regrow hair and the studies suggest using both together is best for regrowth...when it comes to maintenance I will try and drop the minoxidil...if it has a negative affect, then ill go back on.